Shipping

MeowsePad

To my understanding, "shipping" anime is creating fictitious matches between anime characters based mainly on personal preference. Is that correct?

Is anybody here involved in the shipping community? I have heard that the shipping community is notorious for having many people who are extremely aggressive and push their views on everyone. Is that true?

• Funny 1

To my understanding, "shipping" anime is creating fictitious matches between anime characters based mainly on personal preference. Is that correct?

Is anybody here involved in the shipping community? I have heard that the shipping community is notorious for having many people who are extremely aggressive and push their views on everyone. Is that true?

Hai Nice to meet you ^_^

yes i believe you are correct, unfortunately im not really part of this shipping community,

i would like to assume that it depends on the individual really, i can see every single person being like that, i might be wrong though xD

As long as the tax and the fine is not too high, I'm okay with it.

All jokes aside, I'm with Davis. And indeed, they go aggressive against each other. I myself usually like both parties' choice because why not xD

There's always that side of the world where one chooses a choice and the other chooses the opposing choice, it's inevitable I guess.

* oh, your font color choice isn't very clear on the default/GITS:SAC theme, that's only me tho i don't know what others see x]

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping can apply to any fandom and isn't anime exclusive.

Years ago, about 2005 or so, I was an active member on the Chamber of Secrets forums which was a forum for Harry Potter fans. They had a shipping thread and debates were allowed as long as you didn't break any rules like flaming those who disagreed with you or bashing characters for the sake of "proving" something.

The main ships debated were Harry x Hermione, Harry x Ginny, Ron x Hermione.

Anyway, most were civil, but it got to the point that some shippers, mostly the vehement Harry x Hermione ones would bash Ron and Ginny's characters while others kept breaking the flaming rule. The mods banned all shipping discussion until the last book finally came out and had canon ships.

• 5 months later...

Yea, I ship characters, not all the time but I do. I have been shipping Levi and Hange for forever. Also, shipping kirito and sinon, not saying he should leave asuna, they could all be married, y'know.

• Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic