Wada Koji has passed away

EmperorQinmon

I'm sad to say that Wada Koji; the voice behind many of the greatest Digimon tracks and other anime, has passed away. Age 42, he died in a battle against cancer. His funeral will be held in private sometime this month.

This truly is a sad turn of events, and I will miss him dearly. I can still remember first looking into the original Japanese version of Digimon and being enamored with his songs, they are still among my most listened to songs, especially Hirari.

Dude, that news broke my heart, especially when Seven~tri.Version~ is now his final song.

Condolences.

PS: thanks for the correction, ssjup81.

Edited by Guest

I didn't notice this thread. I'll go delete mine.

It's sad that he lost his battle with cancer. He, along with some of the other musicians, are the main ones that truly got me into listening to Japanese music.

I'm sure that the next film will be dedicated to him. I wonder if they'd planned on him doing any other songs for the films, like how they redid Seven and Butter-Fly.

Edited by Guest

Dude, that news broke my heart, especially when Butter-fly~tri.Version~ is now his final song.

Condolences.

Actually....the Tri version of Seven is. The single for this came out right before he passed. :( Edited by Guest

Goodness, this is a real shame, it's scary how much this year seems to be death, as a lot of celebrities have been dying this year!

Yeah, the next movie has to be dedicated to Wada Kouji!

Looking at his songs for Digimon, it seems that unless he was going to record some new ones, the next ones, if they were to be re-mixed for -tri-, would have been Target -Akai Shougeki- and Boku wa Boku Datte!

• 6 months later...