How are you feeling right now?

Kiriness

• 2 weeks later...

Nervous and excited at the same time. Maybe a bit more excited than nervous at the moment. Depending on how the response I'm waiting for goes, that could possibly change.

3 minutes ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Sorry, man. It's pretty chilly here too, but I like the cold.  

I'm feeling ok, just a little bored.

I'm very definitely a warm weather person. 😃

It's very easy to get bored this time of year because nothing much happens.

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

I'm very definitely a warm weather person. 😃

It's very easy to get bored this time of year because nothing much happens.

I've never been a warm weather guy myself. I grew up in cold weather, so I've grown accustomed to it I think.

Yeah, but games are a real saving grace at times like this. ^^

Shocked, bummed, and more than a bit angry.  Found out that a friend of mine got killed in a hit-and-run auto accident early last week as he was riding home from work.  I've known him since forever.  He was a fellow science geek, played trumpet and marched in the HS band, was a motorcycle rider, a classmate in several classes in middle- and high-school, and part of the crowd that I used to hang out at lunch with in school back then.  Crazy, but in a good way.  He and another friend built a Tesla coil in his garage in HS, then used it to scare off the trick-or-treaters at Halloween.  🎃⚡  Partner-in-crime to numerous "loud chemistry experiments".  💣  (This was long before Google and Youtube btw!  Back then we had to actually go to the library and read books to get in that kind of trouble!)  After we graduated HS he went on to fly helicopters in the Army.  (WOCS, MOS 154C, UH-1 / OH58A/C / CH47 pilot.)  He had a wife and son.

Way too sudden.  And such a senseless way to go!  :veryangry:💢

• Sad 2
  • Friendly 2

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Shocked, bummed, and more than a bit angry.  Found out that a friend of mine got killed in a hit-and-run auto accident early last week as he was riding home from work.  I've known him since forever.  He was a fellow science geek, played trumpet and marched in the HS band, was a motorcycle rider, a classmate in several classes in middle- and high-school, and part of the crowd that I used to hang out at lunch with in school back then.  Crazy, but in a good way.  He and another friend built a Tesla coil in his garage in HS, then used it to scare off the trick-or-treaters at Halloween.  🎃⚡  Partner-in-crime to numerous "loud chemistry experiments".  💣  (This was long before Google and Youtube btw!  Back then we had to actually go to the library and read books to get in that kind of trouble!)  After we graduated HS he went on to fly helicopters in the Army.  (WOCS, MOS 154C, UH-1 / OH58A/C / CH47 pilot.)  He had a wife and son.

That's just terrible. It's sad enough when a fried dies of natural causes, but to be killed by a hit-and-run driver is just devastating, my heart goes out to you and his poor wife and son who have been robbed of their husband and father.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

14 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I'm sorry to hear it. You have my condolences. If you need to talk to someone I'm always up for messaging. The good people seem to be taken before their time all too often.

• Agree 1

A bit nervous. Going to see the dermatologist tomorrow to get a bothersome mole on my back removed. I hate needles, and I know that's going to be step 1 of the whole procedure. Good news is, the hard part will be over first thing.

6 hours ago, viruxx said:

A bit nervous. Going to see the dermatologist tomorrow to get a bothersome mole on my back removed. I hate needles, and I know that's going to be step 1 of the whole procedure. Good news is, the hard part will be over first thing.

I don't want to get your hopes up but I had a similar procedure done to me about a year ago and there were no needles involved.  Mine was small enough that they just applied a topical then froze the thing until it basically broke off.  It stung a bit during the procedure and then the next day as well but for me it was a lot less unpleasant than I'd anticipated.  YMMV of course but.. good luck.

• Like 1

Got a busy, full day today ahead but I'm feeling good so far.

22 hours ago, viruxx said:

It won't last long even if there is one involved. On the plus side, at least you won't be able to see it, right? ^^

• Like 1

Well, the dermatologist visit was anticlimactic. After examining me, he said that nothing I had looked dangerous/suspicious. I believe I scratched the mole in question by accident a week ago, and it's become a bit sensitive to touch/sore. He said that will subside. So, no needles or freezing for me today. Still, glad I went and got that peace of mind that nothing was out of the ordinary. Guess I should be more careful when scratching my back from now on, too. 😣

• Like 2

Going through a bit of a mental barrier with life, leaving for Spain in a few days, and hoping it will be a nice detox both physically and mentally, 

I feel like I've thrown away so much of my teenage years with bad relationships and destroying friendships and it's just bothering me now if I'm actually on the right track or the track I want to be, if the road not taken is the better option. 

23 hours ago, viruxx said:

Guess I should be more careful when scratching my back from now on, too. 😣

I did that for a long time but I carry a backpack everywhere and mine was in just the wrong spot to be scratched or scraped every time I hefted my backpack.  One too many times and I said, "That's it!  Off with it!"  I guess constant irritation like that can cause more serious problems too - like infection or even cancer - so my doc agreed it was for the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metro said:

Going through a bit of a mental barrier with life, leaving for Spain in a few days, and hoping it will be a nice detox both physically and mentally, 

I feel like I've thrown away so much of my teenage years with bad relationships and destroying friendships and it's just bothering me now if I'm actually on the right track or the track I want to be, if the road not taken is the better option. 

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you feel better in the end. Self health is really important, especially mentally. Not that I'm one to talk, but still, your efforts will pay off. :)

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

I did that for a long time but I carry a backpack everywhere and mine was in just the wrong spot to be scratched or scraped every time I hefted my backpack.  One too many times and I said, "That's it!  Off with it!"  I guess constant irritation like that can cause more serious problems too - like infection or even cancer - so my doc agreed it was for the best.

I never had any problems with it, just until within the past week or so after I scratched it. Probably need to be extra cautious about it, because my grandmother died from melanoma a year before I was born, so there's a history of that in my family. I did mention that to the doc, but he indicated there was nothing to worry about for now. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, and I'm being super careful to keep any kind of irritating objects away from it.

12 hours ago, viruxx said:

I never had any problems with it, just until within the past week or so after I scratched it. Probably need to be extra cautious about it, because my grandmother died from melanoma a year before I was born, so there's a history of that in my family. I did mention that to the doc, but he indicated there was nothing to worry about for now. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, and I'm being super careful to keep any kind of irritating objects away from it.

My condolences about your grandmother. All you can do now is just keep being careful, right?

• Agree 1

On 7/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, Animedragon said:

I'm a warm weather person, but it's currently 29c and that's a bit too warm even for me and I'm loosing the incentive to do anything except those things that I absolutely must do. 😑

The Met office has issued a red warning for extreme heat for Monday & Tuesday with temperatures expected to be around 39c. 😱

Apparently this is the first time a red warning for heat has ever been issued in the UK

Didn't Europe have a bad heat wave last year too?  I'm pretty sure I remember places like France, Spain, and Portugal having a tough time.  (And if I heard about it even on our well-insulating "news" services over here in the 'States I'm sure it must have been -really- bad.)  It isn't even April yet!  What's June/July going to be like for you all?

Edited by efaardvark

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Didn't Europe have a bad heat wave last year too?  I'm pretty sure I remember places like France, Spain, and Portugal having a tough time.  (And if I heard about it even on our well-insulating "news" services over here in the 'States I'm sure it must have been -really- bad.)  It isn't even April yet!  What's June/July going to be like for you all?

Yes, we had quite a bad heat wave last year, bad enough for the weather people and the government to issue a "stay home unless you absolutely have to go out" recommendation.  It'll be interesting to see what the weather will be like this summer.  The weather man says it will be 15C today. 🙂