How are you feeling right now?

Kiriness

Feeling great enjoying the weekend weather is nice today was able to stay outside without burning up too much currently celebrating cinco De Mayo relaxing watching movies all day also spending some time with loved ones.. 

2 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I thought they had the 24h format in the Netherlands too 😂But yeah happened to me too once, on a rather 'official' document, nobody noticed though

Lucky xD, Ye we use the 24hours in the netherlands but when Im talking to people from somewhere else In the world through steam I make those mistakes.

• Like 1

I don't usually post here, because I don't wanna drag the feng shui down, but today I had to tell a friend that he most probably didn't get the phd-position he applied for at the department I work. Quite a lot depended on it for him (given his situation), and he only missed it by a narrow margin.

The friend I mentioned before officially didn't get the position he applied for, which got me thinking. I had applied for that exact position a few years ago and only put a fraction as much work in as he did, because at the time I didn't really care too much because I had a lot of other stuff going on. We have almost exactly the same academic background, almost exactly the same grades and very similar research topics. I don't know what you'd call the kind of feeling you have towards something like this.

In the end it was just plain luck that I got it and bad luck that he didn't. Which makes one kinda down in a way when you think about it since a lot depended on getting the position for him, but not so much for me at the time. I think what I'm trying to say is life is strange and luck is often a very decisive part of it.
'

Edited by Illusion of Terra

Happy oh so happy

After 44 years the netherlands finally won the eurovision song contest

Lets start counting down again 14600 days to go for our next win

• 2 weeks later...

At first I was feeling sad but then I talked to my sister.  I am in a bad marriage and now I know what I have to do to get out.  I have been married almost 3 years now but it just seems to be getting worse.  I will be strong and move forward because life is too short to be miserable.