How are you feeling right now?

Kiriness

On 4/18/2024 at 6:04 PM, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. 🤭

Although I'm still a teenager, I wish I understood social queues and how emotions worked sooner. Growing up I felt like there was a wall between me and my peers, like they could all understand something I didn't. Every year I learn more things about socializing, but it still doesn't make sense to me why most people say certain things that mean the opposite in an emotional sense😭 I've been able to make friends, but I find it so hard to maintain the connection because of my communication problems. The reason I want to grow up so quickly is so that I can skip all of this painful learning, and just be able to talk because that's what everyone says is how you navigate relationships. But truthfully, I wish people could respect the things I say without words and not push for more. Since I recently learned that unlike myself, generally most people can understand body language and facial expressions on some level. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

3 hours ago, froggy said:

Although I'm still a teenager, I wish I understood social queues and how emotions worked sooner. Growing up I felt like there was a wall between me and my peers, like they could all understand something I didn't. Every year I learn more things about socializing, but it still doesn't make sense to me why most people say certain things that mean the opposite in an emotional sense😭 I've been able to make friends, but I find it so hard to maintain the connection because of my communication problems. The reason I want to grow up so quickly is so that I can skip all of this painful learning, and just be able to talk because that's what everyone says is how you navigate relationships. But truthfully, I wish people could respect the things I say without words and not push for more. Since I recently learned that unlike myself, generally most people can understand body language and facial expressions on some level. 

Have you ever been tested for anything like Autism or something along those lines? I don't mean to be offensive, but I only ask because not understand social ques or understand body language/facial expressions is usually an indicator for being on the spectrum. I have some of the same issues myself, though I have never been tested for it I feel like I fall somewhere on the outskirts of the spectrum due to many different reasons. 

@Topic ~ I wasn't ready for Monday either, so I feel pretty tired/exhausted/just want to get in bed and go to sleep but I have HW to do ~_~ 

• Agree 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

Have you ever been tested for anything like Autism or something along those lines? I don't mean to be offensive, but I only ask because not understand social ques or understand body language/facial expressions is usually an indicator for being on the spectrum. I have some of the same issues myself, though I have never been tested for it I feel like I fall somewhere on the outskirts of the spectrum due to many different reasons. 

Yes! I take no offense. Autism runs in my family, so it was no surprise that I am. It did take some time to understand my own symptoms since I've masked it for most of my life. Or attempted to... Most people in my life just assumed I was autistic before I was even diagnosed😅