Jump to content

How are you feeling right now?


Kiriness

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

My mind is a distracting environment, so … yeah, explains alot.

No time for peace and quiet in there? Being left alone with my thoughts for a day would be a miracle. Manager life. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I am a very unhappy anime dragon.  😠

I spent all morning and part of the afternoon replacing the motherboard, CPU and RAM on my main computer. When I'd finished the job I connectect up the monitor, mouse, keyboard and power cord, pressed the power button there was no display on the monitor so I waited, and waited, and waited then the speaker gave 5 beeps. I looked that up in the error code list and it means CPU error!

I've contacted the supplier of the board and CPU and am awaiting their reply.

In the meantime my main computer is dead and I am not a happy person. 😠

  • Friendly 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Today I am a very unhappy anime dragon.  😠

I spent all morning and part of the afternoon replacing the motherboard, CPU and RAM on my main computer. When I'd finished the job I connectect up the monitor, mouse, keyboard and power cord, pressed the power button there was no display on the monitor so I waited, and waited, and waited then the speaker gave 5 beeps. I looked that up in the error code list and it means CPU error!

I've contacted the supplier of the board and CPU and am awaiting their reply.

In the meantime my main computer is dead and I am not a happy person. 😠

Flipping the power switch on a new build is always a bit nerve wracking.  

Did you check the CPU socket and chip for bent/broken pins or debris?  It doesn’t take much.  I had a tiny bit of dog hair cause me quite a bit of trouble on one build when it got trapped between the CPU chip and the socket.

If you’re building on an A4 socket you might also want to verify if your motherboard/bios supports the CPU you’re (trying to) use.  Props to AMD for prolonging the life of their products by avoiding unnecessary obsolescence but one of the downsides with certain motherboard manufacturers is they ran out of space on the BIOS memory that holds the settings for all the possible A4 CPUs.  To free up space they sometimes leave out entries for older or less popular  CPUs, which sometimes results in a reported CPU error.  You might check the MB manufacturer’s support site for a BIOS update, especially if the MB is an older one.

Hope it turns out to be a simple/cheap fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Flipping the power switch on a new build is always a bit nerve wracking.  

Did you check the CPU socket and chip for bent/broken pins or debris?  It doesn’t take much.  I had a tiny bit of dog hair cause me quite a bit of trouble on one build when it got trapped between the CPU chip and the socket.

If you’re building on an A4 socket you might also want to verify if your motherboard/bios supports the CPU you’re (trying to) use.  Props to AMD for prolonging the life of their products by avoiding unnecessary obsolescence but one of the downsides with certain motherboard manufacturers is they ran out of space on the BIOS memory that holds the settings for all the possible A4 CPUs.  To free up space they sometimes leave out entries for older or less popular  CPUs, which sometimes results in a reported CPU error.  You might check the MB manufacturer’s support site for a BIOS update, especially if the MB is an older one.

Hope it turns out to be a simple/cheap fix.

The board is a Gigabyte B560 HD3 designed for the 11th gen itel core i5, i7 & i9 CPUs and has an LGA1200 socket. I've tried reseating the CPU and checking for debris on the socket, there aren't any pins as such just a lot of what would I think be best described as 'contact patches'.

I'm currently in discussions with the supplier to see if we can resolve the problem.
Watch this space for more news.  😐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frustrated with myself. I had been feeling much better after the breakup, but last night I sank back down again into a little depression. I know it's hard getting over a breakup after 13 years together, but I was doing better! And it's been two months now. I realize now that I really couldn't have been what they needed, and I do want him to be happy. So why can't I focus on that and move on? Ugh.

(Still, the low I feel right now would have been a good day a month ago.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suffering with cotard's syndrome is becoming harder. I was recently diagnosed, after a lot of therapy and work. I feel more dead, I believe I am dead. Everyday I walk and no matter what I don't feel like as if i'm existing. I'm denying all life, all purpose, and now staring at the ceiling as I have the feeling of my organs falling out of my body, as I decay slowly, is my new pastime. 

Everything is becoming bleak...I am death.

  • Friendly 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finishing school for Business.

Almost ready to co-sign on a building. 

Meeting a friend in the Spring. 

Learning how to surf. XD

Edited by Kit
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deaaath said:

Suffering with cotard's syndrome is becoming harder. I was recently diagnosed, after a lot of therapy and work. I feel more dead, I believe I am dead. Everyday I walk and no matter what I don't feel like as if i'm existing. I'm denying all life, all purpose, and now staring at the ceiling as I have the feeling of my organs falling out of my body, as I decay slowly, is my new pastime. 

Everything is becoming bleak...I am death.

That's pretty scary, D. :( You going to be okay? 

37 minutes ago, Kit said:

Learning how to surf. XD

WILSON! 🏐 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nearly started renting a house with my gf but the other guy we were gonna rent with pulled out so we cant afford it anymore. Plus I didn't get a job because I was male so feeling pretty rough, just dreaming for a future of being able to travel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hällregn said:

That's pretty scary, D. :( You going to be okay? 

Cotard's syndrome is pretty much the delusion that you believe you are dead, it's nothing more than a terrible mental health issue that has become apart of me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 8:34 AM, Animedragon said:

I'm currently in discussions with the supplier to see if we can resolve the problem.
Watch this space for more news.  😐

Update!

The board was returned to the supplier, they kindly sent a courier to collect it. After a few days I had two e-mails from them one saying that the board was faulty and that they'd created an order for a replacement for me, the second saying that the item ordered was out of stock!!

I took the option to cancel the order and will find somewhere that has it in stock.

  • Like 1
  • Optimistic 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Annoyed and frustrated.

I had foot surgery a few months ago and its taking longer to heal than expected, and I have to wear the boot another month.

But that in itself isn't even the reason. (Though it isn't fun.)

No, the real reason is: As I've vented before, I had a bad breakup a few months ago, after being together 13 years, and one of the factors of the breakup was that he wanted me to fly there this summer, but he was coming here at the very end of September/1st of October (One of the two) and I said with my foot healing we shouldn't make plans for me to fly there until after he was going to come here in October, and he said that made him think I didn't want to come, which didn't make sense, and frustrated me. Well, with me wearing the boot another month, and the doctor not wanting me to fly until at least being out of the boot for a month, I REALLY couldn't have went to see him this summer. So... I had been feeling a little better about the breakup recently, but this just kind of pisses me off all over again, that he didn't want to wait for me a couple months. I always waited for him. Him flying all over the world was always more important that seeing me. I waited. When we too trips, I happily waited for him in hotels while he went to theme parks. (Like not for a day, just long enough to go ride a couple coasters and leave.) But him waiting for me wasn't okay. We did lots of things we both wanted to do, and we always did what he wanted to do, but if it was something just I wanted to do, we never did. It was frustrating. And he was a great guy in general, and we had a great relationship, but just in hindsight, when he left me partially because he didn't want to wait for me, and now it turns out I really couldn't have went, which was always a possibility... Just frustrated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a warm weather person, but it's currently 29c and that's a bit too warm even for me and I'm loosing the incentive to do anything except those things that I absolutely must do. 😑

The Met office has issued a red warning for extreme heat for Monday & Tuesday with temperatures expected to be around 39c. 😱

Apparently this is the first time a red warning for heat has ever been issued in the UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...