Jump to content

How are you feeling right now?


Kiriness

Recommended Posts

Feeling super overwhelmed but always just trying to stay positive!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Emotion Flux said:

At the same time, you probably should enjoy being a teenager while you can. I only say so because some adults want to feel like a kid again. I know I wish I still was a kid, even though I still feel like one. ^^;

That is so true lol since becoming an adult I just constantly find myself looking to relive the nostalgia of being a teenager 🤭  But I still act like a kid and you are only as old as you feel I guess ~ 

  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sakura said:

That is so true lol since becoming an adult I just constantly find myself looking to relive the nostalgia of being a teenager 🤭  But I still act like a kid and you are only as old as you feel I guess ~ 

The transition from "teenager" to "adult" can be difficult. People suddenly have expectations of different behaviours and attitudes from you.

So just take comfort from this wonderful quote from C.S.Lewis:

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Animedragon said:

The transition from "teenager" to "adult" can be difficult. People suddenly have expectations of different behaviours and attitudes from you.

So just take comfort from this wonderful quote from C.S.Lewis:

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

 

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. Then when I got in my teenager years if I did anything that wasn't just sitting down and not moving I got my favorite line of "You are almost 14, 15, 16 (whatever age I was closest too next) years old you need to act right". I feel like that took away a lot of my childhood and I could really only be a teenager / kid when outside with my friends or with friends online. So as an adult I am doing all the things I wanted to do as a child and couldn't 🤭

  • Friendly 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. Then when I got in my teenager years if I did anything that wasn't just sitting down and not moving I got my favorite line of "You are almost 14, 15, 16 (whatever age I was closest too next) years old you need to act right". I feel like that took away a lot of my childhood and I could really only be a teenager / kid when outside with my friends or with friends online. So as an adult I am doing all the things I wanted to do as a child and couldn't 🤭

Physically, I'm 37, but mentally, I probably am more like 9 or 10.... or at least I try to be as often as I possibly can. xD Don't act your age, act your spirit instead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. Then when I got in my teenager years if I did anything that wasn't just sitting down and not moving I got my favorite line of "You are almost 14, 15, 16 (whatever age I was closest too next) years old you need to act right". I feel like that took away a lot of my childhood and I could really only be a teenager / kid when outside with my friends or with friends online.

That's so sad, I think the worst thing you can do is rob a child of their childhood. I'll always be grateful to my parents for letting me have a childhood, although once I became a teenager my mother would make the occasional remark that I ought to behave more appropriately for my age, my father on the other hand wasn't too bothered about it.

5 hours ago, viruxx said:

So as an adult I am doing all the things I wanted to do as a child and couldn't 

Ah yes, catch-up time - with the added advantage of having money to do the things you wanted to do. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, viruxx said:

Physically, I'm 37, but mentally, I probably am more like 9 or 10.... or at least I try to be as often as I possibly can. xD Don't act your age, act your spirit instead.

I would say mentally I am around 16-17 lol but I still also act like I'm 8-9 sometimes too 😆

14 hours ago, Animedragon said:

That's so sad, I think the worst thing you can do is rob a child of their childhood. I'll always be grateful to my parents for letting me have a childhood, although once I became a teenager my mother would make the occasional remark that I ought to behave more appropriately for my age, my father on the other hand wasn't too bothered about it.

Ah yes, catch-up time - with the added advantage of having money to do the things you wanted to do. 🙂

Yeah I agree, I have always thought people should let kids act like kids. A 6-7 year old is not going to act like an adult because they aren't. People should let kids be kids and play and be excited about things because you only get 1 childhood. The best part about being an adult is definitely having money to do or buy the things you wanted though 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sakura said:

The best part about being an adult is definitely having money to do or buy the things you wanted though 🤣

And while your parents might not approve of what you spend your money on there's not a lot they can do about it because it's your money that you've earned, not pocket money that they've given you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Animedragon said:

And while your parents might not approve of what you spend your money on there's not a lot they can do about it because it's your money that you've earned, not pocket money that they've given you.

This is so very true because my mom still yells at me about what I spend money on. She is always telling me I shouldn't be buying anime merch / going to concerts / anime conventions / clothes / etc and that I should be saving it to go on vacations 🫠 Despite the fact I went to 2 different countries last year so yes clearly I also go on vacations. This makes me think she just wants something to argue about or try to control lol. I think people should be able to buy/do whatever they want with their money if it's making them happy whether that is going on vaca's or spending money on games/anime. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sakura said:

This is so very true because my mom still yells at me about what I spend money on. She is always telling me I shouldn't be buying anime merch / going to concerts / anime conventions / clothes / etc and that I should be saving it to go on vacations 

I can relate to that. My mother was often complaining about how much I spent on buying anime DVDs, merch and going to anime conventions. I pointed out to her that as I didn't smoke or drink my total monthly anime spend was far less than I'd spend in a month on cigarettes and visits to the pub. This muted her protests a bit, but the real issue was that anime was Japanese and she didn't like the Japanese.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still feeling so overwhelmed with the work load of both universities and now I've got exams coming up, crazy.

With all this wishing I was going again talk, man I wish I was back in high school, so much easier. 😂

Though as an adult but full time student living abroad I can't stay I'm enjoying the freedom of adulthood with money because I'm as broke as it can get ☠️😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I can relate to that. My mother was often complaining about how much I spent on buying anime DVDs, merch and going to anime conventions. I pointed out to her that as I didn't smoke or drink my total monthly anime spend was far less than I'd spend in a month on cigarettes and visits to the pub. This muted her protests a bit, but the real issue was that anime was Japanese and she didn't like the Japanese.

Yes every time I'm buying tons of anime merch I'm thinking to myself "It could be much worse, it's not drugs, at least it's not drugs" XD 

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Yes every time I'm buying tons of anime merch I'm thinking to myself "It could be much worse, it's not drugs, at least it's not drugs" XD 

Absolutely, and you'll get something tangible for your money that will give you enjoyment for a whole lot longer than a drug fix, and won't ruin your health.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Absolutely, and you'll get something tangible for your money that will give you enjoyment for a whole lot longer than a drug fix, and won't ruin your health.

Yup yup. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying things like this that make you happy. I personally enjoy making displays of this stuff and spending time setting up the displays which gives me something to do as well and I feel good having it set up and looking the way I had in my head ^^

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2024 at 6:04 PM, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. 🤭

Although I'm still a teenager, I wish I understood social queues and how emotions worked sooner. Growing up I felt like there was a wall between me and my peers, like they could all understand something I didn't. Every year I learn more things about socializing, but it still doesn't make sense to me why most people say certain things that mean the opposite in an emotional sense😭 I've been able to make friends, but I find it so hard to maintain the connection because of my communication problems. The reason I want to grow up so quickly is so that I can skip all of this painful learning, and just be able to talk because that's what everyone says is how you navigate relationships. But truthfully, I wish people could respect the things I say without words and not push for more. Since I recently learned that unlike myself, generally most people can understand body language and facial expressions on some level. 

  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, froggy said:

Although I'm still a teenager, I wish I understood social queues and how emotions worked sooner. Growing up I felt like there was a wall between me and my peers, like they could all understand something I didn't. Every year I learn more things about socializing, but it still doesn't make sense to me why most people say certain things that mean the opposite in an emotional sense😭 I've been able to make friends, but I find it so hard to maintain the connection because of my communication problems. The reason I want to grow up so quickly is so that I can skip all of this painful learning, and just be able to talk because that's what everyone says is how you navigate relationships. But truthfully, I wish people could respect the things I say without words and not push for more. Since I recently learned that unlike myself, generally most people can understand body language and facial expressions on some level. 

 

Have you ever been tested for anything like Autism or something along those lines? I don't mean to be offensive, but I only ask because not understand social ques or understand body language/facial expressions is usually an indicator for being on the spectrum. I have some of the same issues myself, though I have never been tested for it I feel like I fall somewhere on the outskirts of the spectrum due to many different reasons. 

@Topic ~ I wasn't ready for Monday either, so I feel pretty tired/exhausted/just want to get in bed and go to sleep but I have HW to do ~_~ 

  • Agree 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

 

Have you ever been tested for anything like Autism or something along those lines? I don't mean to be offensive, but I only ask because not understand social ques or understand body language/facial expressions is usually an indicator for being on the spectrum. I have some of the same issues myself, though I have never been tested for it I feel like I fall somewhere on the outskirts of the spectrum due to many different reasons. 

Yes! I take no offense. Autism runs in my family, so it was no surprise that I am. It did take some time to understand my own symptoms since I've masked it for most of my life. Or attempted to... Most people in my life just assumed I was autistic before I was even diagnosed😅 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, froggy said:

Yes! I take no offense. Autism runs in my family, so it was no surprise that I am. It did take some time to understand my own symptoms since I've masked it for most of my life. Or attempted to... Most people in my life just assumed I was autistic before I was even diagnosed😅 

Yeah I personally never understood that I had symptoms, I just thought I was weird XD I have never been officially diagnosed with it because I've never been to the doctor because I function very well and if I have it I would be out pretty far on the spectrum. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was younger so that has a lot to do with my weirdness too I think >.>

12 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Stressed...severely stressed. Have to move in a month because our landlord is a schmuck and we currently have nowhere to go.

That is so awful, sorry to hear you are going through that :( Moving is stressful enough without having to figure out how to do it in a month. I hope you find a new place quickly.

 

@Topic ~ Today was actually pretty good because I got to go out on the boat for class and we got to see some different types of fish!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Stressed...severely stressed. Have to move in a month because our landlord is a schmuck and we currently have nowhere to go.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Moving house is stressful enough when you know where you're going to move to, but having to do it in a month and not having anywhere to go to must be awful. I hope you will find somewhere before you actually have to get out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...