Looking For A Manga Similar To Marmalade Boy

GeneralOtter

I've been meaning to answer this for a while. I really liked the Marmalade Boy manga....way more than the anime. I honestly haven't read another story like it....but maybe I could recommend a josei series. It's not a romance perse...but it does have a love-related situation with the main character and, like Yuu and Miki's relationship, it would be slightly taboo.

Yuu x Miki taboo (at first) because

it got to the point where they thought they could've actually been half-siblings and would've continued the relationship even if it had turned out to be true

Maybe you could check out Gokusen. It's about a women named Yamaguchi Kumiko, a recent university graduate, who's the granddaughter of a Yakuza (Japanese mafia) boss, but she keeps this life secret because her dream was to always become a teacher. She ends up getting a job at a rough, all-boy's school with a very poor reputation, where fights are super common. Of course as the series goes on, she starts to earn the respect of her students, but she still must juggle two lives...her Yakuza life and her teaching life. But she does have her love issues too. So the series has comedy, action, crime...junk like that.

So yeah, not sure if you'd be into a series like this, but I personally really really enjoyed it. Liked the main characters and stuff and at times, it is a bit random. Of course there were some things I did dislike regarding some of her students...

there are five main boys from her class that are seen the most frequently, but it was never fully explained what three out of the five's home lives were like or why they ended up in such a school with a bad reputation

I guess I just prefer jousei-type series in general. Guess it'd fall into that category. The Jousei demographic means series aimed at older teen girls and adult women.

Edit: Just thought of another title. Why not check out Fruits Basket?

Edited by Guest