Your Internet Provider

The Scientific Toast

Who is your internet provider and are they a good ISP (based on reliablity and support)?

I have Charter Communications, under their Bright House Networks subsidiary. It's pretty good, never really goes out. I cannot wait until Charter upgrades us to Charter Spectrum (where I will get 60Mbps download compared to my current 15Mbps).

I currently have Frontier's best home internet package because Comcast's service in Woodin Creek Village is garbage. I get 100 mbps download and 15 mbps upload on average. Xfinity's service here i will pay close to 150 a month and get maybe 25 down and 5 up. but with frontier i pay around 85 per month and get the speeds listed above.

I'm in Australia with an ISP called Internode. On their 100/40 Mbps, 500 GB NBN plan - (via Fibre to the premises)

They're not the cheapest but I'm really happy with the quality of the network and their support is great - though arguably if they're good in the first place you shouldn't need to call support regarding faults unless you need technical setup assistance. ;)

Previously I was on an old ADSL2 plan (using copper on the telephone line) that was 20/1 Mbps. Whilst the download was OK, the upload was a killer for uploading large files and when sharing it with multiple people..

I have Grande, and it is... okay. There are a few technical difficulties, (not counting that one of there employees accidently broke my window) but it is alright.

It is fast when it works as long as you don't overload it. It is the equivalent of Time Warner but cheaper and it allows me to have netflix and youtube on my TV so that is a plus.

Edited by Guest

AOL UK/Talk Talk - it's Talk Talk, but it's also AOL UK, so Talk Talk try to convince us to become "true" Talk Talk customers every now and then, so they can purge "AOL UK" from their business, probably!

I don't know the speed, it should be limited, but as we run it through a third party router, rather than the company router, we avoid the speed cap!

Edited by Guest

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I avoided posting here because you'll probably not recognize the company anyway. It's Starhub. They also provide services for cable and phone (both mobile and landline). Their whole company's ideal revolves around connecting families together, whether through a phone-call or email.

I'm currently under a contract with them for my Internet. It costs about $50/month and uses (I think) a fibre broadband service. I'm not really sure about the speed, but I'd guess it's about 50mb/s, maybe?

I use mediacom, cuz there is literary no other provider that will go over 15 megs in my area but with media I do get about 80-100 download speed and 10 upload not ideal but it will do for now..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also using Comcast because it's really my only option if I want gaming worthy internet where I live. Back when I lived in Wisconsin I think I had Charter and it was way better. Never went out or had problems and was very fast. Comcast is usually fast and usually works but sometimes just doesn't work for seemingly no reason and it's very annoying. Plus it's expensive!

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mediacom running into hiccups the other day it went offline for 2 days :'(:'(:'(:'(:'( but the fast speed makes up for it kinda...

• 2 months later...