• PC
    • both

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally prefer pc gaming though I've gamed longer on my X-box partly because I lacked the funds to go out and purchase a decent pc as well as the wide variety of games I already had on my xbox.

I'm a solely handheld console gamer XP because I suck at everything else....

Literally the opposite of me. I can't play handhelds at all because everytime I try I fail. But yet I can do just find with games where I have a controller or keyboard. Though I mainly play shooters

Edited by Guest

I can play every type of console since I've had experience with handheld, Consoles and PC. I used to be a massive Nintendo user when I was much younger then I moved onto Xbox-Xbox 360 and PS1-PS2-PS3-PS4 then I discovered the power of PC gaming and I've stuck with Playstation and PC ever since but overall I prefer PC

I used to be a PC gamer;

• Star Wars Force Commander,
  • Star Wars Dark Forces (DOS install),
  • Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight,
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast,
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy,
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic,
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron,
  • Star Wars Battle for Naboo (think that's what it was called),
  • Star Wars Starfighter,

• Star Wars Galactic Battlefront,
  • Star Wars Republic Commandos (actually, I think I got that for xbox),
  • Star Wars X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (trilogy),
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban,
  • The Sims!

That said, some of the games above, I bought after I transitioned, so haven't played, and others, I was rubbish at, oh, there's one (Chamber of Secrets) where I was allowed to trap myself with no way back or forward, and save, and because of that, didn't play the next game (Prisoner of Azkaban, obviously)!

Not played Sims 2 (or onward), as not a fan of the natural time progression, if I want to experience growing old, I'll try real life thank you ;)!

It's easier to be a console gamer, you just stick the disc in the drive and go, with a PC, you've got to ensure that you're not choking your PC when you put the disc in, otherwise, the game will likely crash, or run slowly, due to insufficient memory, etc.!

EDIT: That said, if it is for games like The Sims, console is just too fiddly, you need a good mouse at your side, as with a PC!

Also, the early Harry Potter games (i.e. the ones I've got) are different depending on whether you got the PC, console or handhold version!

Edited by Guest

Console, PC is too expensive and you have to Upgrade every new major release, get patches installed, update drivers and compatibility etc, just too much hassle with pc.

Note, i come from the late XP early VISTA days, it was a sad time for pc gaming!

That said, i wish i had a Old ACORN pc, they where amazing and had good games!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up on console gaming. I loved it but it just isn't the same anymore... Well, Nintendo is keeping it close to that but as of PS4 and Xbox One... Meh. I made the switch to PC gaming and I am glad I did. So many more options and I love being able to mod a PC with colorful LED fans. haha Also graphics >>>>> and not paying to play online >>>>>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I prefer PC Gaming, since, I love visual novels and I don't play video games/console games very often.

And plus, I have a friend who let's me borrow his VNs time to time, so I don't really run out of material to play.

The only video games I own are the Pokémon games and I don't really play them anymore :/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer console gaming on my PlayStation 4 because I invested so heavily in my anime home theatre setup. Much better sound than my bedroom speakers and certainly more comfortable!

Similar to @Mimori I prefer PC gaming for Visual Novels - more range on Steam. But there are some great JP RPG games on PS4 too.

I think overall you can't go wrong with either - many games have ports for both platforms. Heck just go both if you can. :angel:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A minor bit of thread necromancy.

My PC is by far definitely my main gaming platform --- these days I mostly play indie titles and an occasional visual novel, though I mix it up here and there with a rare AAA game here and there... keeps me from having to worry about updating any more than once in a great blue moon. Beyond that, I've always been a huge fan of Nintendo consoles and am extremely hyped up for the Switch.

With that said, I generally end up buying all (or nearly all) major console at some point down the line when they're dirt cheap so I can catch up on the one or two exclusive games I feel like I've missed out on, though the PS4 and XBONE haven't really caught my eye at all so far.

I prefer PC Gaming, since, I love visual novels and I don't play video games/console games very often.

Similar to Mimori I prefer PC gaming for Visual Novels

If you'll excuse the tangent, I'd be interested in knowing what your favorites are? Clannad is an easy first place for me, with Saya no Uta and Planetarian up there with it.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm pretty bad with a mouse and keyboard so I stick to consoles largely for that. I'm also not big on Multiplayer games, and consoles have a lot of single players games I prefer to play like the Tales series, Persona and a slue of other titles. I have against PC, it's just not my preference, and I never quite feel like I'm gaming unless I have a controller in my hand.

I've almost always been a PC gamer. PC games were some of my first and now I mostly just don't see the point in playing console. The main reason to play a console was the convenience. You plug it in, pop a game in, and you're ready to go. Now with all of the downloading involved there isn't too much of a difference. Plus I'm awful with a controller and most things I play require aiming so I can't really do that.

• 1 month later...

I really like both. I play most of games on console but I only play my mmo/rpg's on pc. That's what I use pc for, mmo/rpg games like marvel heroes and I use my console's for all other games.

Always been a console/handheld gamer. Never really had the specs with a PC to keep up playing new releases.

I've played some MMOs on PC over the years, but really got into playing Final Fantasy XIV on PS3 with the trial, and now play it kinda religiously on PS4.

Still a PC gamer by trade, but the Switch - despite its flaws, all of which I am well aware of - is forcing me to invest in a new console release for the first time since ... uh ... well ... I guess I got a Super Nintendo the same year it came out.

• Like 1