• PC
    • both

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't imagine life without either. xD Lately I play PSVITA more than 3DS, but sometimes I just gotta grind for a shiny Pokemon in order to feel ALIVE! PC has the best graphics and runs smoother than those handhelds, but I still can't decide which is better! As for home consoles, I want to play Switch so bad, but I have to settle for Wii U for now. Which isn't bad at all. c: (Nintendo fan)

• Like 1

I want to play Switch so bad, but I have to settle for Wii U for now. Which isn't bad at all. c: (Nintendo fan)

I'm okay with waiting a few months on the Switch, given that its big release (Breath of the Wild) performs perfectly adequately on the WiiU, tbh.

I'm okay with waiting a few months on the Switch, given that its big release (Breath of the Wild) performs perfectly adequately on the WiiU, tbh.

Even so, I'd rather wait until the Switch to get it. There aren't many games available for the Switch yet, so buying Zelda for it is a must (to me anyway), but if I have it on Wii U already, then I don't see the point of getting it a second time. I'm not that rich. xD

Even so, I'd rather wait until the Switch to get it. There aren't many games available for the Switch yet, so buying Zelda for it is a must (to me anyway), but if I have it on Wii U already, then I don't see the point of getting it a second time. I'm not that rich. xD

That's fair enough, though I think the game is so completely and utterly perfect (well, for the most part), that I'm extremely happy I decided not to wait. Your will power is superior to mine in this particular area, I think. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm not really against console gaming, but I much prefer PC gaming. I built my PC about 4 months back, and I have spent a lot more time playing my PC than I ever did my ps4 in these last few months. I was a hard Xbox person in the past, but I felt like I needed a change a few months back and saved up to get my PC.

one of the things I do like about pc gaming is that you can customise the internals to your liking/budget and if need be as more funds become available or as you want you can change/upgrade individual componentry

instead of a one fits all situation so to speak

• Like 1

I am usually a PC Gamer, but I'll probably have a Nintendo Console/Handheld not too far from that.

But yeah, It's your own preference, if you like Xbox, PS4, ect, go for it!

one of the things I do like about pc gaming is that you can customise the internals to your liking/budget and if need be as more funds become available or as you want you can change/upgrade individual componentry

instead of a one fits all situation so to speak

To me this read, "want a new game on PC, buy new parts" vs "console games just work"

To me this read, "want a new game on PC, buy new parts" vs "console games just work"

Common assumption. Fairly incorrect, though. The truth of the matter is that, speaking from experience, as long as you don't shoot yourself in the foot by trying to go super cheap while building your system, you're unlikely to need to upgrade anything for about five years, if not more, depending on the type of games you play.

On the other hand, if you do need to go cheap on/skip out on one component early on, with the intention to add it on later - you can typically do so with minimal fuss, and generally without the level of additional expense required by a Playstation 4 Pro, or XBOX Scorpio. That's what Wodahs was actually saying, though I'm guessing that you actually understood that. :P

As for console games just working... I dunno, it seems like any time I boot up any of my consoles to play a particular game (not terribly often, I admit), I need to wait through at least one system update, followed by at least one title update, whereas all of my PC games update themselves in the background, due to my PC being booted up already for non-gaming tasks.

Not to say that PC gaming is inherently better than console gaming, or saying that there's anything wrong with preferring console games over PC games, nor am I trying to be a jerk, but your joke was a bit lazy. Gotta aim higher than that.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Common assumption. Fairly incorrect, though. The truth of the matter is that, speaking from experience, as long as you don't shoot yourself in the foot by trying to go super cheap while building your system, you're unlikely to need to upgrade anything for about five years, if not more, depending on the type of games you play.

On the other hand, if you do need to go cheap on/skip out on one component early on, with the intention to add it on later - you can typically do so with minimal fuss, and generally without the level of additional expense required by a Playstation 4 Pro, or XBOX Scorpio. That's what Wodahs was actually saying, though I'm guessing that you actually understood that. :P

As for console games just working... I dunno, it seems like any time I boot up any of my consoles to play a particular game (not terribly often, I admit), I need to wait through at least one system update, followed by at least one title update, whereas all of my PC games update themselves in the background, due to my PC being booted up already for non-gaming tasks.

Not to say that PC gaming is inherently better than console gaming, or saying that there's anything wrong with preferring console games over PC games, nor am I trying to be a jerk, but your joke was a bit lazy. Gotta aim higher than that.

Oh wow. No its just my experience with PC vs Console. We had a good PC back in the day but could barely play anything due to graphics card differneces and drivers etc. Where as Ps2 and Ps3 just worked. We also never really had internet so keeping a PC always on to update and get patches wasnt a doable thing, its still not for me. Thats why I prefer console games. Sure i never update them, but i can put up with glitches. And the new system updates come on the games discs. Thats why I prefer console Vs PC. But i do still love PC so many good games ^-^

• Like 2

finally get 5 minites to scratch my ass and answer this

to find out zoop has basically done it for me

• Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am a pc user and consoles are to slow for me an there is a wide verity of games for pc! Oh yeah its been bugging me what show is your profile pic from? Peacok?

Both. Much like the others, my PC is my default gaming platform as well. The only reason I don't play on console as often is because I couldn't afford one.

I used to have a XBox 360, but I had to sell it away as I was in need of immediate cash. I never had the luxury of playing a Playstation, so that sucks, as Playstation has so many awesome games. I only own a PS Vita, ugh. And of course, handheld consoles are easier to buy, so I do also own a 3DS, and have owned multiple generations of "Gameboy" before, including the original black and white Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP, and the NDS (think I might have skipped "Advance" though and jumped right onto SP).

Personally, I prefer both. PC gaming has a lot of comfortable luxuries. I can easily browse the Internet in the middle of gaming, for example. Yes, you can browse the Internet on any console these days, but there's just something uncomfortable typing on a console controller/gamepad. It's like typing on a smartphone. Browsing the Internet on a PC is just much more convenient for me. And by extension of that reason, I could also look up walkthrough in the middle of gaming with ease. I don't really know (or remember) how browsing the Internet on consoles work since I don't do that often, but Alt+Tab is very convenient.

That being said, consoles have massive advantages when it comes to gaming. For starters, you don't need to upgrade your console to make it play next-gen games. You don't need to have good "specs" to turn on the highest graphical settings, because by default, PC graphics will always be superior than console graphics anyway... at least prior to the PS4 and XBox One, of course. LOL (So long, Master Race!)

Also, consoles just generally have much more fun games than PCs IMO. A lot of game developers have started to make more ambitious titles that aren't generic FPS and RPGs on the consoles. On PCs, most of the games are simulators and RPGs. Whereas with consoles, you get The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Zero Escape (till the recent PC port, that is), Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, GTA V (which took many years before the PC port), Uncharted, InFamous, Bloodborne, God of War, Until Dawn, and let's not forget... PERSONA 5! Dammit, PS4! Why no Vita port? :'(

In the end, not only do console exclusives have much more variety than PC games IMO, a lot of big-time game developers seem to have shifted their attention towards consoles rather than PCs, particularly the Playstation 4 which is making tons of money today. With PC games, I feel like I know what kind of games to expect, especially with "indie gaming" being the norm of the PC gaming industry nowadays. A lot of games are returning to 8-bit nostalgia, pandering to CRPGs and other older forms of PC gaming.

I prefer playing on PC in almost every situation. I don't deslike console but I'd only play on console on a daily basis if it was a exclusive (which is the failure of the gaming world in my opinion).

But if we're talking about consoles, I'd love to have a Nintendo Switch, more than a PlayStation or Xbox.

• Agree 1

Just to throw it out there: Injustice 2, now hailed as one of the best fighting games of all time, is also a console-exclusive. It's a shame, because I just watched a review on how many cool features it has. Not only does it have two different endings, it has loot drops you could add to your fighting style and costume changes, and the character stories for each hero in Campaign Mode seem to be top-notch and very well-written, all very interesting characters to play.

It's games like this that make me want a Playstation 4 so badly.

I don't really play a lot of games, really (except when I do), but if I am gaming, I prefer to do so on my PC. It's nothing against consoles, it's just that I really prefer to use my fancy keyboard and mouse, or a controller that is 100% customized towards the task at hand. :angel:

The only consoles that I am particularly interested in are anything and everything that Nintendo makes, simply because I am hopelessly addicted to their first party titles. Even if I don't play them myself, I find it a treat to experience the latest Nintendo goodness. It pains my soul that I'm not likely to own a Switch until next year. :'(

• Agree 2

Just to throw it out there: Injustice 2, now hailed as one of the best fighting games of all time, is also a console-exclusive. It's a shame, because I just watched a review on how many cool features it has. Not only does it have two different endings, it has loot drops you could add to your fighting style and costume changes, and the character stories for each hero in Campaign Mode seem to be top-notch and very well-written, all very interesting characters to play.

I believe I read somewhere that the developers were quoted as saying that a PC port was very likely, so while it may be a bit late, it is probable that it'll appear - the original was brought over a little bit after the original release, after all.

Even if I don't play them myself, I find it a treat to experience the latest Nintendo goodness.

This is true. She didn't threaten to throw me out while I was playing Breath of the Wild all day, every day, for like two weeks.

• Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • Funny 1

I believe I read somewhere that the developers were quoted as saying that a PC port was very likely, so while it may be a bit late, it is probable that it'll appear - the original was brought over a little bit after the original release, after all.

Nice. But still, even when ported to PC, I'd probably still use a PS4 controller to play it. The thing with fighting games, I tried playing Mortal Kombat X with KBM, and the controls felt really awkward, very difficult to execute the correct combos in time. A controller is therefore more suitable since all the buttons are literally at the palm of your hands. Another advantage consoles have over PCs, in some sense.

Nice. But still, even when ported to PC, I'd probably still use a PS4 controller to play it. The thing with fighting games, I tried playing Mortal Kombat X with KBM, and the controls felt really awkward, very difficult to execute the correct combos in time. A controller is therefore more suitable since all the buttons are literally at the palm of your hands. Another advantage consoles have over PCs, in some sense.

True enough, that. I've known some people who can pull off some utterly absurd displays of skill in fighting games using only a keyboard, but I've never been able to do anything near to it, myself. Controllers are definitely a must for most people, there.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in my opinion Pc gaming is much more versatile and better in the long run. Since you can do so much more on a pc than a consule. You'd be spending a bit more money though which may be a downfall in a way. Never got into consuler gaming even though I own a ps3, 4 and xbox 360. Mostly use them for movies lmao. cuz games are so expensive.

• Like 1