Xyro

which one is your preference  

41 members have voted

1. 1. which one is your preference

• console
    • PC
    • both

I, as a whole, prefer console gaming.

I don't think it's better. Neither is better. It's a platform. Do what's good for you.

I prefer consoles mainly because I'm a fan of handheld gaming.

I own a Nintendo 3DS XL, and used to use it very frequently (now not so much)

I completely intend on purchasing a Nintendo Switch by the end of the year.

Have you seen Breath of the Wild? Worth the wait and I refuse to miss out.

I really, really like being able to carry high quality games around with you wherever you wanna go, and play about with them on your fancy little machine that just feels far superior to a phone on a free-to-play game in every way.

The fact that the only times I can really play proper games is when I'm moving somewhere (car, train, plane) contributes to the fact that I prefer console gaming to PC gaming.

I don't own a desktop computer* so I'd have to use my ancient laptop to be able to play anything. The only games I play on my laptop are scaled-up Gameboy Advance games, TORCS and SimAnt. The latter two are amazing for killing time, or to accompany listening to a podcast.

But they aren't really games. My machine isn't powerful enough and I don't have the money for a thousand pound computer to play games with. Especially not one that's stationary and I have to sit a damn desk to use. I'm aware of crazy powerful Alienware laptops but good god they're expensive. And ugly imo.

I see why PC gaming is appealing, and Steam is pretty grand, but I've owed a hell of a lot of consoles and all of my favourite games have all been for consoles only. I'm going from SEGA Mega Drive all the way up to present day. Every game I've ever loved has been on a fancy little machine that I can take home excitedly from a shop and plug in. They're usually Nintendo, but not always.

Consoles have more innovative, exclusive games that have machines built around them, they're more practical for me and I find they have more of a novelty than a brute of a PC.

PCs have a very different library, more complicated games you have to put unobtainable hours into, and you have to do it all from a desk in your room and basically dedicate your time to it. Which I don't have the time to give for.

That's my poorly written, jumbly reasoning that's gonna confuse and likely enrage a lot of people.

No biting, 'kay?

• Like 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Which do you prefer and why?

I love pc gaming, but I used to be a huge console gamer for ages!

I find myself going more to my pc. i feel like i have more freedom and more games to choose from. plus the mods i can use in game make it even better!! But there is some games that id rather play on my xbox one.