handheld of choice

Xyro

So, I was walking through the shops the other day, when I herd two guys in game having a go at each other about which one was better out is the PSP or the DS. This has now made me curious as to which device is your favourite and why?

I prefer my PS Vita because it has many Japanese VNs and RPGs that I really love on it. Persona 4 and the whole Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise. xD

I also have a 3DS but don't play it nearly as much. It has some Japanese games that I like too though, including Bravely Default and Fire Emblem: Awakening. If you're a Pokemon fan then well you pretty much would be going Nintendo at that point..

I prefer my PS Vita because it has many Japanese VNs and RPGs that I really love on it. Persona 4 and the whole Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise. xD

I also have a 3DS but don't play it nearly as much. It has some Japanese games that I like too though, including Bravely Default and Fire Emblem: Awakening. If you're a Pokemon fan then well you pretty much would be going Nintendo at that point..

PS vita = Danganronpa. That's all I have to say xD

OK that's a hard one... let's see...

Handhelds I have:

DS Lite

DSi

3DS

PSP

PSVita

REVIEW

CONSOLE DESIGN

When it comes to design, I'd choose ds over psp but psvita over 3ds (dsi was stupidly designed).

DS Lite

good points: smooth surface (fk yeah I sooo loved touching it), smooth buttons that didn't make obnoxious noises, analog volume thingy (dunno how to call it), stylus on the right side

bad points: screens are a bit small (compared to DSi) and back then we diddn't have the XL sizes... which are a no-no for ppl with small hands like me xD

DSi

good ponts: bigger screens, stylus on right side

bad points: volume buttons.... like NO, it was the worst choise ever, srface feels rough, buttons make noise

3DS

good points: even smoother surface /(^ω^)/ , analog volume thingy, cool circle pad

bad points: stylus in the back, small touch screen

PSP

good points: one screen only fk yeah (keeping up with two screens is hard :P )

bad points: bulky, analog pad is not the greatest, volume buttons

PSVita

good points: one BIGGER screen, slim and smooth, rear touch pad, two analog pads, smooth buttons, uses same charger as smartphones :D

bad points: volume buttons again... wtf sony?

FEATURES

DS Lite: nothing besides pictohat... boooring

DSi: camera, voice recording, FREAKIN FLIPNOTE BEST THING EVER, pictochat (and they added multicolored pens XP ), slot for SD card (not included), internet browser

3DS: camera, voice recording, face raiders, miis, e-shop, AR games, slot for SD card (included :D), option to change themes, internet browser, 3D feature (upper screen only)

PSP: internet browser, cool themes (i have a hakuoki theme :D) don't remember much tbh, haven't palyed in a while

PSVita: awseome menu ^_^ welcome park, ps store, internet browser

GAMES

DS Lite/DSi: I had that one only for pokemon tbh, although I've played other games as well (pretty much pet games such as nintendogs, catz etc)

3DS: again, I got it for pokemon but eventually played other games (FE Awakening, Smash Bros 4, Hakuoki etc) as well and still have more I want to play ^_^

PSP: tbh the only game I've completed on PSP is YS Seven (awesome game :D ) I actually started using it only recently, I had it left alone in some drawer, forgotten... oh, all the cool games I've probs missed... I have downloaded a bunch to play but I don't really have time rn ._.

PSVita: at first I got it because why not... there are tons of games I have on my wishlist now... how great :P the only one I've completed is Tearaway and I'm also close to completing Ys Memories of Celceta (loooooooove :3 ) aaand I need to resume Gravity Rush sometime (nice game but controlling gets on mah nerves)

Obviously, picking one is hard but I'll have to go with PSVita because I enjoy playing games on it the most and I have loooots I wanna play (I just don't have the money TT^TT )

long post is long

I regret nothing

• Like 1

I haven't played on a PS Vita, but it's choice of games seems to suit me more than those the DS currently has, though I haven't played the DS in a long time.

I would say the original PSP, i have owned a PSP, PSVITA and 3DS and 2DS

None of the games meant as much to me as the games on the original PSP, it was just a great time for games in my opinion!

Ratchet and Clank: SIze Matters

Secret Agent Clank

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

Although, the 3DS does have some amazing titles

Orcarina of time

Kid icarus

Mario 3D

But i was highly underwhelmed by the PSVITA

The Uncharted title was not very good,

But standouts where

Dynasty warriors next

Gravity rush

Teraway

Edited by Guest

PSP vs. DS

That's a tough choice, they were both good, both allow me to play imported games; I have Final Fantasy III (Japanese PSP - has english text), Onechanbara Special (PSP), Digimon World Re-Digitise (PSP), Fate/Extra CCC (PSP), Persona (US PSP), Digimon Story - Lost Evolution (Japanese DS) and Gal Mahjong (DS)!

Two of the games above were available in the UK as downloads, but I prefer physical versions, hence I imported!

I'm trying to remember why I bought my PSP and DS, well for DS it would have been Pokémon, but I don't think I bought the DS, and a Pokémon game at the same time, same goes for the PSP, although I'm not sure what game I had in mind, when I bought it!

I actually have two PSPs, a friend of a friend was selling theirs, and I bought it, so I could kinda switch between games, without having to exit from one game to do it!

Actually, on that basis, I think the PSP has edged it, the hibernate function, something that Nintendo would introduce later!

In relation to DS vs. DSi and XL, I preferred the original as the two screens were closer in size to each other than the other versions, and for the fact I could plug GBA games into it, to play, or for extras in DS games!

Need to buy (Dynasty Warriors) Strikeforce at some point!

PSV vs. 3DS

As for current generation, I only own a 3DS, although plan to own a Vita too, at some point!

I only bought my 3DS on a whim, actually it was logical to do so, but I wasn't planning to buy one, it's going to sound crazy, but I bought Pokémon X, and it was only when the shop assistant said "Is there anything else you need?" and I said "Erm... yes, a 3DS!"

So I have X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Project Mirai DX, Project x Zone, Virtue's Last Reward and Senran Kagura for 3DS, not a huge selection, need to get Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Devil Survivor: Overclock at some point (have the DS versions, although stuck on a point in DS2), along with Hyrule Warriors: Legends, Bravely Second, and Samurai Warriors Chronicles was for 3DS right?

As for Vita, I do have three games Criminal Girls, Corpse Party and Persona 4: Dancing All Night, but I don't have a console, when I do, I need to get Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Atraxia, amongst others, both those are the ones that spring to mind!

In regards to this battle, even though I don't own one, I feel I'm leaning towards the Vita, I mean the 3DS is region locked, whereas with the Vita, I can still import games, and play them, as I said previously, I prefer physical releases, so it's annoying that Zero Time Dilemma will only be released digitally over in the UK!

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1