Games that you haven't finished for a while?

Optic

If you have games you haven't finished for a while, what's the reason?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. If you have games you haven't finished for a while, what's the reason?

• It got too difficult!
    • It got boring!
    • No longer liked the Plot or Characters!
    • Lack of time...
    • Another game got my attention...
    • I have no excuse and I will start playing now...

Do you have any games in your collection that you started playing but stopped playing midway?

Or maybe you have games that you've purchased but STILL haven't started playing yet?

If so, what's the reason?

I recently started playing Persona 4: Golden again on my PS Vita. I bought it two years ago and it was a AWESOME game. But then I got stuck on Mitsuo's dungeon in the TV world and literally just stopped playing it as I felt it became too difficult.

Last week I noticed it had an anime adaptation which I started to watch, then realised... hang on... I have this game... I REALLY SHOULD finish it before I continue watching this. >_< So now I'm continuing to play it again and now up to Naoto's dungeon in the TV world. It's good fun. :)

How about you?

persona-4-golden.thumb.jpg.286193afc29184aea04905f408e0fb87.jpg

Where do I start? Do you want me to list them in alphabetical order ;)?

To be honest, I can't remember them all but I will list what I can remember! I started to list them, and then it got too tedious, of the games I can remember starting, I have 46 games unfinished, one of them is the original version of the game you've mentioned:

• Persona 4 - I was replaying it, picking Ayane as the Sun Arcana, instead of Yumi, and going down the "lovers" route with Chie and Yukiko, rather than the friends route, but the Mudo/Hama skills were killing me, literally, I think I was in Rise's dungeon, although perhaps I was in the same one as you, I can't remember, but I think I had this problem the first time round too!

Of the games I have, but haven't started, the ones I remember, total 33, reasons for not playing them include either I'm using that console to play another game, I haven't completed the previous game, I've not played on that console in a while, in the case of Vita, PS4 or (Original) XBOX games, I don't own that console, Dreamcast I've yet to set up the console, and as for PSone, I need to get a memory card, or find what I did with the one I bought!

Edited by Guest

Due to recent events for me (my laptop died and I had to throw all my money at a new one), I've been left unable to purchase new games for a while. So I've been roaming my collection to finish some of the titles I purchased long ago. So far I've completed Fallout 4 and Akiba's Trip 2, and have started on Toukiden: Kiwami. Fallout I played religiously for about a week after its release, before getting frustrated with the crappy aspects of it like the building stuff. Akiba's Trip, I bought because I had already beaten it on Vita and wanted to play it on PS4, and I just couldn't force myself to do it again at the time.

Will probably try finishing Game of Thrones, Life Is Strange, and Until Dawn sometime soon.

Akiba's Trip 2, I bought because I had already beaten it on Vita and wanted to play it on PS4, and I just couldn't force myself to do it again at the time.

Wait, there's an Akiba's Trip 2? I need to play that, although I need to play the first game, that's possibly next on the list, after I complete Lost Dimension! However that said, I don't have a PS4 or Vita, so I couldn't play Akiba's Trip 2 if I wanted to :D!

Wait, there's an Akiba's Trip 2? I need to play that, although I need to play the first game, that's possibly next on the list, after I complete Lost Dimension! However that said, I don't have a PS4 or Vita, so I couldn't play Akiba's Trip 2 if I wanted to :D!

Yes, it's usually known as Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed. My username and avatar are from a character in the game. I unfortunately can't play the original game, so I have to make do with this.

Oh!! Wait, I have Akiba's Trip 2 then!? *checks internet* the first game game out on PSP, if I had money to burn I'd go to import that right now, along with Criminal Girls (PSP), but then, I think there might not be any difference between that and the Vita :D!

Turns out there's an Akiba's Trip Plus, also for the PSP, and a Bakemonogatari game!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing the Original Persona 4, They sure are hard games, the difficulty spikes just go up so quick, but in a way thats why i love them as well, P3 is a amazing game!

As for games i haven't finished

Sword art lost song - became tedious

Rock band 4 - lost save data, then guitar sort of kinda broke but is still usable

Killzone shadow fall - a disgrace to the series

Zombie army trilogy - technically i finished this one, well the last campaign as it was the only one i really played out of the three so i guess you could say 1/3 finished

Far Cry 4 - updated to a ps4 before i got the chance to finish it, now have it on ps4 but cant be bothered

Ride - horrible load times, like 1 min per race!

I've decided to replay Persona 3 Portable -Girl's Route- again, partly because I have two copies; bought a used limited edition on ebay, didn't realise it was used, and didn't realise that although it was a European Limited Edition, they were for some reason giving it with a US disc, so fault was on me, I didn't send it back, but bought a new limited edition too!

Played through the European version, but decided to play through the US version now, as I was curious if the fact the Tatsumi Port Island map screen was in French was mistake only on the European version, or if it was on the US version too!

Plus, Rio and Saori are just great characters (I really wanted to protect Saori from the injustices done to her - I think I seriously have protection complex), and "Hamuko" (female protagonist) is great too! I think the music's even better on the Girl's Side, even though it's instrumental rather than vocal as on the Boy's Side!

[spoiler=Why is "Hamuko" great?]

She's an energetic outgoing character, who apparently, might have even achieved what the male protagonist didn't!

[spoiler=The End]

It's thought that when the protagonist goes to sleep right at the end of the game, given how strong the female protagonist's social links have been forged, she doesn't take the eternal rest, like the male protagonist does!

Actually, not only can she save herself from death (apparently), but she can also save Shinjiro back from death which, is something I need to do this time around!

That said, I was playing Persona (PSP) until recently, but the fact you're always in the dungeon gets a bit grating, although it appears that Elly is a great choice to have on your team, as any spells seem to just wash off her back; I was actually going to recruit Yuka as my final party member, as she is apparently the only P1 character to not feature in Persona 2, however I encountered Elly first!

After watching a couple of the cutscenes to Resident Evil 4, I've been bitten -not by Las Plagas ;)-, and thinking I should get back to Resident Evil 4, after all, Ashley's not going to save herself, although she did call me a pervert twice when I tried to save her; first when I went to retrieve her, after leaving her at the top of the bell tower, and the second when I got caught in an explosion, and landed right in front of her!

I'm reminded of the words of Han Solo: No reward's worth this! ;)

That said, I plan to finish Lost Dimension (PS3) first -and here I was originally thinking I'd be playing Time and Eternity next (where your MARRIAGE hangs in the balance from the events of the game!?)! Oh there's Dragon Crown too, think I have that for PS3! I was also planning to play Akiba's Trip, but I found out that it's the second game, so might try to get the first game first!

Speaking of Resident Evil 4 which, I have on PS2, there's other PS2 games, I've been meaning to play, like La Pucelle which, is a spin-off of Disagea, featuring Prier! Actually that's reminded me, there's also Mana Khemia, stumbled across the disc to that recently, not played that in a while, then there's also Magna Carta, Shinobi and Nightshade! Sticking with Resident Evil, need to complete the other games at somepoint, including Revelations, the ones that feature Rachel in (again my protection complex is kicking in)!

Need to get round to playing the second Persona 4 Ultimax game too, although thinking I might replay the first game (on a fresh console) to refresh myself of the previous game's events, then at somepoint, I'll buy a Vita, and play Dancing All Night, introducing Kanamin and her "crew"!

Speaking of Ultimax, I actually came up with a continuation to the series, in which the events of the game are threatening (the previously unknown) multiverse, and this leads to Hamuko coming over from the "Girl's Side" universe to assist in saving the multiverse! It would also throw in bits like how Hamuko made friends with Rio and Saori, and then the other bits featured in the "Girl's Route" of P3P!

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

Oh my goodness, I own soooo many games. I have started playing a lot of games and not finished them, like infamous (as an evil dude) or lego avengers, or transformers fall of cybertron. I play a lot of games but I spend more time online on the forums and I spend the most time on Marvel heroes, its my favorite game and I recommend it to anyone who loves Marvel and mmo/rpg's. Its got like 59 heroes to choose from and has a lot of quality content with more to be added soon, and all the dev's are very hard working and awesome. But even with MH I haven't played that in a little while, im spending more time on this forum than anything now which is pretty great; I love it here, everyone is so nice ad its a really fun place to be. :)

what a great thread, I was just reminded of the big ol' bunch I have waiting for me because I was too busy during summer ;-;

I have 2 on my PSVita (Gravity Rush and Memories of Celceta)

2 on my laptop (Amnesia and Undertale)

and I'm pretty sure I've left some on my PSP for *insert absurdly long period of time here* but never got to play them because I am a lil procrastinating f**k ;-;

• Funny 1

• 3 months later...

X-Com 2, Divinity: Original Sin, The Dwarves, Bloodborne, Witcher 3: Blood & Wine DLC, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided & Fallout 4.

I don't really enjoy gaming as much as I used to. Mainly because people like me are no longer the target audience. As a result, I stick to my old school rpgs like Baldur's Gate 1&2, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment etc.

• Winner 1

I kid you not, I have over 30 games that I either started playing and didn't finish, or just didn't start at all. Off the top of my head, I know Child of Light is on the list, along with Pokémon Sun/ Heart Gold/ Leaf Green, Crash Purple & Spyro Orange, Final Fantasy III, To The Moon, and lord knows how many other games that I can't remember. Despite some titles being old, these are games that I got pretty recently.

I still haven't finished Hyperdevotion Noire, which I bought like, last month, or so.

I'm almost done with it, but I suddenly got into Final Fantasy Type-0 and now I can't find the time to finish Hyperdevotion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only games I can remember finishing are Final Fantasy I and III, and Tekken Tag Tournament, and the original Guilty Gear.

I almost finished FF IX, but I accidentally deleted my save file. And I got pretty far in FF VII, but didn't have time to finish it before the person I was borrowing it from moved.

Otherwise, even if I highly enjoy a game (a big example being Psychonauts), I for some reason never finish them. It's never because a lack of time that I don't finish them. I just suddenly become no longer immerses in them. And then it becomes more of a chore to actually play. I'm the same with anime (and any show in general) it's why I'll either not watch any, or I'll stick to already completed series (so I can knock it all as quick as possible before I'm no longer immersed).

Honestly, really looking at it, I'm like that with every aspect of my life.

For Nintendo 3DS I have on hold Fire Emblem: Awakening, and the remake of Majora's Mask.

For PSVITA I have on hold Akiba's Trip (got one ending but I want them all), Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (NEED EVERY TROPHY...), and Persona 4.

For PC I have on hold Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (I got a new computer and it doesn't work anymore! ;_; ), and The Fruit of Grisaia.

Wow, I thought it would be a much longer list than that. That's relatively small compared to most gamers, I'd imagine.

I am definitely guilty of starting a game midway through and stopping FF X, X/2 , FF Type-0, Bloodborne , FFXII just other things came up preventing me from completing them.

For Nintendo 3DS I have on hold Fire Emblem: Awakening, and the remake of Majora's Mask.

For PSVITA I have on hold Akiba's Trip (got one ending but I want them all), Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (NEED EVERY TROPHY...), and Persona 4.

For PC I have on hold Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (I got a new computer and it doesn't work anymore! ;_; ), and The Fruit of Grisaia.

Wow, I thought it would be a much longer list than that. That's relatively small compared to most gamers, I'd imagine.

Re Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 what have you tried in troubleshooting?

Re Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 what have you tried in troubleshooting?

I posted on Steam forums and someone came and told me right away that it was an issue with Windows 10, and that I had to make this .bat file to start it a certain way. That was ages ago so I forgot exactly what I did, but I followed the guide they sent me and it still didn't work. :< I currently have no clue what else to try.

I posted on Steam forums and someone came and told me right away that it was an issue with Windows 10, and that I had to make this .bat file to start it a certain way. That was ages ago so I forgot exactly what I did, but I followed the guide they sent me and it still didn't work. :< I currently have no clue what else to try.

yeah seeing other posts else where right now regarding windows 10. like some people have had reinstallation work not others by deleting local content for it and then reinstalling. not sure what advice i can give sucks when stuff like this happens.

yeah seeing other posts else where right now regarding windows 10. like some people have had reinstallation work not others by deleting local content for it and then reinstalling. not sure what advice i can give sucks when stuff like this happens.

Oh yeah. I was probably only halfway through the game, but I put over 30 hours into it, and I really enjoyed it, so I don't want to give up on it. I do have another computer I haven't tried it on yet though, and it's not Windows 10. I don't know if that is the issue or not but in any case, I'll try it when I'm not lazy sometime. xD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Every time I come across a level I couldn't bet I would just turn my system off and blast music.My motto is if I haven't finished a game I'm keeping it until I finish it

Zero Time Dilemma. It's not the game that's the problem, just my own personal problem of apathy that has also resulted in me having a box of DVDs and several books that have barely been touched. It's a reduced problem now. But there's the upcoming PS4 release of ZTD, which I feel would be better experienced without having recently played ZTD on PSVita, and other games I'm playing to ensure I probably won't finish it soon.