Daily Quotes.

Metro

Do Quotes Motivate you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do Quotes Motivate you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sort off

So I thought I would make a thread so people can post their favourite quotes. I find quotes one of the best ways of motivation to make you push for your dreams even if they seem impossible as I always tell myself. "No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things." so I I'll start of the quotes with this one (if you ignore the fact the other thing I said was a quote)

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want." ~Muhammad Ali.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

• Like 1

"Let me tell you something about full moons: kids don't care about full moons. They'll play in a full moon, no worries at all. They only get scared of magic or werewolves from stupid adults and their stupid adult stories." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Like 1

(All of these quotes are Stephen Curry a person I look up to very much. I may not be a very religious person but Stephen Curry's Beliefs are what drives him and I respect that)

"Every time I rise up, I have confidence that I’m going to make it.” – Stephen Curry

"There's more to me then just the jersey I wear" – Stephen Curry

“I’m not the guy who’s afraid of failure. I like to take risks, take the big shot and all that.” – Stephen Curry

“I can get better. I haven’t reached my ceiling yet on how well I can shoot the basketball.” – Stephen Curry

“Be the best verison of yourself in anything you do. You don't have to live anybody else's story.” – Stephen Curry

“I do a little sign on the court every time I make a shot or a good pass and i pound my chest and point to the sky – it symbolizes that I have a heart for God. It’s something that my mom and I came up with in college and I do it every time i step on the floor as a reminder of who I’m playing for.” – Stephen Curry

“I can’t say enough, how important my faith is to how I play the game and who I am.” – Stephen Curry

"There’s more to life than basketball. The most important thing is your family and taking care of each other and loving each other no matter what." - Stephen Curry

And for my favourite quote by Stephen Curry (I have these written on my Curry 2 basketball shoes)

"I can do all things."

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." -Kobe Bryant

"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant." - Kobe Bryant

"My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40." - Kobe Bryant

( Kobe Bryant was my favourite basketball player by far)

• Agree 1

A bit of a bizarre source, but I was playing Persona 3 Portable -Girl's Route-, and this line came up, and I felt it was a touching quote:

I find it a bit sad, although I feel kinda the same, not sure about in relation to love, but other things possibly, like employment perhaps!

It actually fits in the middle of her dialogue, so the full dialogue is this:

I don't really have any opinions of my own.

If there's someone willing to take the lead, I'll gladly follow...

I don't need someone... I just want to be needed by someone else.

If I can find someone who needs me, I'd love that person with every fiber of my being.

...Do you think it's wrong to think that way?

I think "If there's someone willing to take the lead, I'll gladly follow..." and "I don't need someone... I just want to be needed by someone else" are touching too!

Only thing is, none of these lines are motivational, just touching, well, to me anyway!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

"For every dark night, there's a brighter day." ~Tupac

"During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams" ~Tupac

"You know it's funny when it rains it pours They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor." ~Tupac

• Winner 1

1. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.”
    — Vincent Van Gogh

• Like 1

"There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept. Things we don't want to know but have to learn. And people we can't live without but have to let go."

"Love me without restriction. Trust me without fear. Want me without demand. Accept me for who I am."

"Don't downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Update your conviction to match your destiny."

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another unlikely source, Kamen Rider Gaim:

Doing a job means making life better for a stranger - Kazuraba Akira

I only started watching the series as I found out Minami Tsukui was in it; she played Chie in Persona 4 Visualive!

That said, I'm now trying to weigh up whether temptation to watch Drive, and the other Kamen Rider series is strong enough!

• 7 months later...

One of my favorite quotes comes from a villain in Mega Man Legends 2. He simply says: "Work on your skill, not your speed, because your speed, won't last." Giving the kind of job I used to do where speed mattered, even as I was losing it, I took that advice to heart and worked on my skill so much, that I was able to take short cuts with my job that weren't harmful in any way, but that kept me moving fast.

"A man see's in the world what he carries in his heart"-Goethe

" The world we see is a reflection of who we are"

"As a man thinketh so he is"-James Allen

"You may not step into the same river twice"-Heraclitus

"When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares into you"-Nietzche

'"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven"-John Milton

"Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain"-Mark Twain

"We are all haunted by the ghosts of our former selves"- Someone, I don't remember who

"Everyday you die and are reborn"--

"The cost of being a coward is living as one"-Me

"What is left unsaid, remains assumed" -Me

"Hope is a necessity, not a luxury"-Me

"When a man realises that what everyone else thinks doesn't matter, he is truly free"-someone in Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do

"Do not fight for those who will not fight for you"-Me

"Strength lies in pain"-Tokyo Ghoul

Edited by Guest