Do you believe in true love?

Midnight Faolan

I believe that you can love many people, but you'll probably meet very very few people in your life that makes your love for that person go to a level like no other.

When I was 14, I became friends with a guy that I had interest in from the very start. Let's just give him a fictional name to avoid confusion... "Paul". We developed an extremely close bond that we still have to this day. Due to life-changing circumstances (I had to go to a new school, so he went to a new school too) we had to part. We still talk on a monthly basis. Since our break up, I've had two awful boyfriends. (My ex's were just really self centered/ inconsiderate/ rude.)So now I'm back to single life. And "Paul" has a crazy girlfriend.

She is crazy because one day I sent him my monthly text and he sent back "Don't talk to me ever again. I'm in a relationship and I need to focus on it. I am going to block your number now." And that absolutely broke my heart because Paul had never been like that towards me before.

But then two hours later, I got another text saying "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! That was my girlfriend who sent that. She took my phone from me when you texted and didn't tell me what she did."

But, I still love him. I think he's my true love because I haven't been able to find anybody better and I was the happiest girl on earth with him. Even though he was kind of annoying sometimes because he liked to tease me and mess with me. But I could get past that. The only other flaw was that he just doesn't have motivation to do anything once he graduates. He just doesn't have a clue what he wants to do. And that makes me a little uncomfortable because what if I'm the one working all the time and he stays at home?

So yeah, to me true love is real. Some people are afraid of it, but it's not bad. It's only bad when you're with the wrong person. If you're with the right person, you'll push through the pain and make it work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

to say i believe in something is rather hard because for me to believe something i have to experience that something and or feel close to that something due to circumstances, like ghosts one night when i was a kid me and my brother both had a dream about the same glowing hand killing both of us. That made me a little more able to believe in stuff like ghosts and its why i cant watch horror movies but thats an example.

but thats not the only way i believe in something as i stated i can feel close to the subject and believe it in this case it being love, i can honestly say i can believe in it because over my times dating i have felt close to someone many times but overall i dont think it was love but i did come across a girl who crushed me so many times and i still came back to her every time an i think that was something close to love so i do think true love exists but i definitely havent found it.

that was quite the interesting forum post i havent thought about a subject like this in a very long time so thanks for that ^_^

No problem! It's a subject that always comes up in my mind. That "Paul" guy and I were officially together for a year, but had loved each other for way longer than that. But, my last ex ruined me for awhile. So I'm staying single until maybe I'll run into the one. I'm really afraid I won't though.

No problem! It's a subject that always comes up in my mind. That "Paul" guy and I were officially together for a year, but had loved each other for way longer than that. But, my last ex ruined me for awhile. So I'm staying single until maybe I'll run into the one. I'm really afraid I won't though.

i think everyone is afraid of not knowing what happens and no one knows if someone will love them and they will love them back so it is scary and yeah relationships can mess people up bad

Well, I guess you can consider my last ex to be "emotionally abusive". Because if he had a problem, he would guilt me and if I had a problem he would ignore it. I'm a very very loving person but he is the one person on this earth that I don't want to see exist. He technically doesn't exist in my world anymore though because I've graduated high school and he hasn't so yayyyy!

Well, I guess you can consider my last ex to be "emotionally abusive". Because if he had a problem, he would guilt me and if I had a problem he would ignore it. I'm a very very loving person but he is the one person on this earth that I don't want to see exist. He technically doesn't exist in my world anymore though because I've graduated high school and he hasn't so yayyyy!

on the plus side if he ever comes back u can make fun of him not graduating :D

If he ever comes back, I will cut him hahaha he's such a jerk!

thats a little drastic i dont really like cutting anyone except myself i wouldnt mind that if it was accidental

thats a little drastic i dont really like cutting anyone except myself i wouldnt mind that if it was accidental

Omg nooo! If you knew him you'd wanna cut him too. And no cutting yourself.

Omg nooo! If you knew him you'd wanna cut him too. And no cutting yourself.

oh no i meant cutting myself accidentally i dont mind that, and is that how annoying he was? '-'

This is one of those subject's where I can't speak from experience, but I can think of it in two ways:

The scientific point of view: "true love" is when you find that one person, that although they may have their small faults, are seen as perfect to you, because no matter what, you love them enough to see their positives and negatives as irresistible. Since this hasn't happened to me at all in my lifetime, I can't exactly say if true love does exist or not. (But its like everything. Just because I haven't seen or felt it, doesn't mean that it don't exist)

The emotional point of view: as human nature has it, we spend so much time searching for the perfect person, that we tend to miss out on who we already have in our lives. If true love does exist, then maybe searching for it will only bring you around in circle's. True love is not forced. Its just.... Stumbled upon.

Anyway, I believe true love exists out there for everyone. You don't know when or where it will strike, but it will happen.

(Thanks for reading! I honestly would have given up half way through with how much I go on!) ;)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

This is one of those subject's where I can't speak from experience, but I can think of it in two ways:

The scientific point of view: "true love" is when you find that one person, that although they may have their small faults, are seen as perfect to you, because no matter what, you love them enough to see their positives and negatives as irresistible. Since this hasn't happened to me at all in my lifetime, I can't exactly say if true love does exist or not. (But its like everything. Just because I haven't seen or felt it, doesn't mean that it don't exist)

The emotional point of view: as human nature has it, we spend so much time searching for the perfect person, that we tend to miss out on who we already have in our lives. If true love does exist, then maybe searching for it will only bring you around in circle's. True love is not forced. Its just.... Stumbled upon.

Anyway, I believe true love exists out there for everyone. You don't know when or where it will strike, but it will happen.

(Thanks for reading! I honestly would have given up half way through with how much I go on!) ;)

It's okay! I tend to go on too sometimes, but I totally agree with you!

Nope

I don't

Sorry

Not sorry

Come on, it's pretty obvious. Human nature is not perfect, therefore there can be no such thing as a perfect relationship. Humans wither and decay and so do feelings. Idealising something in your head is not going to cut it imo. It's all pretentious sh*t meant to fill your head with expectations that are only going to be crushed. And don't give me the 'People are not perfet as units but two can complete each other' kind of thing. That's just plain wrong.

Now, don't misunderstand. I'm not against relationships in any way. I am against of people having their whole lives revolving around their bf/gf or the absence of them. It's in human nature to seek love. But you can't let a bunch of annoying chemical reactions in your head control your life (yeah, didn't you know, the heart has nothing to do with love, it just pumps blood in your body). If you find a person you can consider your 'true' love that's fine, I couldn't care less. Just make sure you reach that conclusion with a clear head... feelings can be misleading sometimes...

If you want to experience true love, get a dog :>

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Nope

I don't

Sorry

Not sorry

Come on, it's pretty obvious. Human nature is not perfect, therefore there can be no such thing as a perfect relationship. Humans wither and decay and so do feelings. Idealising something in your head is not going to cut it imo. It's all pretentious sh*t meant to fill your head with expectations that are only going to be crushed. And don't give me the 'People are not perfet as units but two can complete each other' kind of thing. That's just plain wrong.

Now, don't misunderstand. I'm not against relationships in any way. I am against of people having their whole lives revolving around their bf/gf or the absence of them. It's in human nature to seek love. But you can't let a bunch of annoying chemical reactions in your head control your life (yeah, didn't you know, the heart has nothing to do with love, it just pumps blood in your body). If you find a person you can consider your 'true' love that's fine, I couldn't care less. Just make sure you reach that conclusion with a clear head... feelings can be misleading sometimes...

although i feel this was a more blunt way to put it i can agree with the point u made but many of us as stated above dont see true love as anytthing close to perfect the reason it is called true love and not perfect love is simply because we view it as something thought out or well thought about by both parties in away they are both contempt with the situation and are willing to test it no matter what so in some ways i do agree that you should think but at the same time i disagree to your depiction of how u think true love works simply because i have a different view point on it, not that i dont respect your view point on it but this is my thoughts from your reply ^_^

• Agree 2

I have to really agree with bunny on this one even though I have a gf everything Bunny said its basically the harsh truth

Nope

I don't

Sorry

Not sorry

I agree with you on that to an extent, but honestly the definition of "true love" can mean something completely different for other people. Some people believe in the hokey pokey love that is seen in movies but I don't see it that way.

I see true love as a relationship that has its problems, but the problems are still able to be worked out. Like with family! You may all have quarrels and conflict, but in the end you still end up loving them anyway.. Now, not every family is like that, but families full of loving family members are like that. Same goes with life partners.

Love is a strong emotion and it's often times the root of people's emotional problems. Human beings want attention, they want to be loved. They want to have purpose in people's lives. I mean, I'll even throw anime in as an example. You always see it in anime. The characters want to have purpose, they want to be important to others. It's just how we are.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Ok so I don't have an incredible amount of experience with 'love' and certainly not 'true love' but here is my opinion.

Love is something that just happens as Xyro had already stated and that's irritating. Especially when you think you've found someone and they like someone else. But when you do find that someone or have someone you liked for a long time finally like you back is something which I can only imagine as a beautiful experience that will (hopefully) last for a lifetime.

I agree that there isn't anything like a "perfect relationship" but (if you're lucky) you can get damn close having one, so I think that true love exists and I hope that all of us may one day experience it.

• Like 1

-------------------------------------

Well I believe in it. I was told this legend from the eons ago. Once humans roamed the Earth with two faces and four arms and four legs. It was considered a powerful thing and Zeus became worried of what they could do. He was afraid to lose his power and grew paranoid. He then ordered humans to have two arms and one face... Like we are now. Zeus said let then find their other half that makes them complete. We will search for our other half and once we meet then we will be complete. So there true love we just gotta wait .... Who agrees?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

-------------------------------------

Well I believe in it. I was told this legend from the eons ago. Once humans roamed the Earth with two faces and four arms and four legs. It was considered a powerful thing and Zeus became worried of what they could do. He was afraid to lose his power and grew paranoid. He then ordered humans to have two arms and one face... Like we are now. Zeus said let then find their other half that makes them complete. We will search for our other half and once we meet then we will be complete. So there true love we just gotta wait .... Who agrees?

ya that's a myth tho... not true...

and considering Zeus was a f**kboy that slept with any woman (or man) he pleased, he's not the best example when talking about true love... I mean come on, he was married to his sister....

I only turned 14 last month but I do believe in true love, I just haven't found it yet. I'm not like other girls my age , everyone either already has a boyfriend or has a crush on someone...I on the other hand am over it, I've had a crush on 5 boys since I started middle school, two of them got girlfriends before I could confess to them, Two of them were way out of my league and when they found out they laughed at me, and the last one ... we will just call him "Z" ... He was/ is my best friend, when I had a crush on him he would always ask me for girl advice and I would always give it to him because I figured if I was helpful maybe he would like me...well I waited...and waited ... and waited...and pretty soon we found ourselves at the last day of school. When I had gotten home he called me and we talked for about 3 hours ( which was normal for us) and then he said something along the lines of " Sooo....I like this girl...Shes very short, has brown hair and is very beautiful." I felt flattered, thinking that he was talking about me I started to say in a very flirtatious voice " does she sit with you during lu-" luckily he cut me off before I could finish and said " by the way she's Latino" ( im not Latino)...Later on I found out that he was listening in on a call I was having with a friend and he found out everything. He then told me that he liked me as a friend .

Last month, at the end of 8th grade, we are still best friends.But I did get my anime moment...All the time I found myself daydreaming about him, sometimes he would be confessing to me and tell me that he lied before and he really did like me.... On the 3rd to last day of school I we were playing truth or dare and I was in the middle of a day dream that made me smile out of no where... the day dream was that I was dared to kiss him. My day dream then came to an abrupt end when my friends were yelling at me that it was my turn to pic out of the hat... I picked and sure enough my piece of paper said "kiss the person to your right on the cheek" ... He wasn't so thrilled but all through the rest of the day I had a fluttery feeling and a smile I couldn't get off of my face.

So yes, I do believe in true love although I haven't found it yet, I think that true love is and even better fluttery feeling and an even bigger smile. For a while I thought that nobody would ever like me because the people I had crushes on didn't but ive got a long time left and one day maybe when im 50 years old im going to find true love weather they like me back or not :)

PS: sorry about writing my life story ...

• Agree 1