Midnight's Internet Search: Mysterious Deaths

Midnight Faolan

So, awhile back I did personal research on mysterious deaths that are often overlooked or forgotten about. I thought they were extremely interesting and not many people I know have heard about them. So I'm going to share them on here.

*Caution if you get creeped out easily, you may not enjoy the article. It's very interesting but kind of creepy.*

1. The Death of Elisa Lam Day of disappearance- January 31, 2013

On January 31, 2013 a 21 year old woman went missing at the Cecil Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. She was originally a university student in Vancouver, traveling alone to visit the major cities of California. On January 26, she arrived in Los Angeles. Two days later is when she checked in to the Cecil Hotel. It was reported that the hotel assigned her to a shared room on the hotel's fifth floor; however, after roommates complained about "certain odd behavior", she was moved to her own private room after two days.

While traveling, Elisa kept in touch with her parents. On the day she had to check out of the hotel and go to Santa Cruz, her parents had not heard from her and got worried. The parents called the LAPD and they went on a search for their daughter. Hotel staff reported that day that Elisa Lam was last seen alone. They also revealed footage of her last moments on camera, in the elevator. She showed very odd behavior. [Watch the video in the link below] *It's kind of creepy....*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_E6l1P86U

The search went on for over two weeks before they found her body on the morning of February 19, 2013. Hotel guests of the Cecil were complaining to management about low water pressure in their rooms. Some also claimed the water being an odd color, with an unusual smell. Employees decided to investigate and check out the water tanks. In one of the water tanks, an employee found Lam's body floating face up and naked. (That is so disgusting! That means hotel guests have been drinking and bathing in water with a dead body in it for over two weeks! I would die of disgust if I was in that situation)

But that's where the real freaky stuff begins. Investigators figured out the cause of death (drowning), but couldn't even explain how she got there in the first place. Doors and stairs that accessed the hotel roof are locked, and only staff have the passcodes and keys to get there. Any attempt to force the doors open would have triggered an alarm. Although, the hotel's fire escape could've allowed her to bypass the security measures, if she or somebody else knew of it. Another question is how she could have possibly gotten into the tank by herself. All of the tanks are 4-by-8-foot tanks that are propped up on concrete blocks. There is no easy access to them and hotel workers have to use a ladder to even look at the water. They are protected by heavy lids that would have been difficult to replace from within.

There are tons of theories and SO much more information to find out about this case. If you find this to be an interesting read, google search "The Death of Elisa Lam"

Well, I planned on sharing more, but it is very late at night and I am now in tears from reading other articles of mysterious deaths. So that'll be it for now! This will probably be my only mysterious death article but if you want more, just let me know. I hope you enjoyed reading! I will plan on writing again soon!

Edited by Guest