Pokemon Go

Davis

Hey Guys,

Friends and work colleagues have been going crazy about this app.

Basically its Pokemon which be caught at random locations ie building streets and so on.

It uses your GPS and when you find a Pokemon it uses your camera to display it where you are located.

like when im at work i found a few Pokemon on my keyboard and monitors.

you can also do gym battles.

check it out and let me know what you think

• Like 1

I have it, but unfortunately, since I'm in Japan, I can't encounter anything yet because the system isn't running here apparently. All I have is my starter.

I still use an old phone, so I can't!

I might have to look into Pokémon Go a bit more closely, as you mention "Gym Battles"!

I'm surprised you can use your phone in work, as I wouldn't be able to, in any of my places of work!

it's not available over here yet ;-; i can already see myself going nuts over it tho xD

its not available here either, my team leader found website and downloaded it from there, thats the great thing about android.

im sure if you look you an find an apk for it..

I have it, but unfortunately, since I'm in Japan, I can't encounter anything yet because the system isn't running here apparently. All I have is my starter.

thats sucks, its not available on the playstore where i live, so i downloaded it, but its working, unfortunatly to get to all the poke centers and gyms i need to go into town and its far T_T

I still use an old phone, so I can't!

I might have to look into Pokémon Go a bit more closely, as you mention "Gym Battles"!

I'm surprised you can use your phone in work, as I wouldn't be able to, in any of my places of work!

get a new phone xP

well your aren't but everyone does anyway and no one has said anything to me.

Sounds awesome. I just grabbed the app but I'm having issues creating an account. @_@

I am excited to try it out though!

i used my google account, trying to get your nickanme is was a tough battle for me, everything was taken T_T got their eventually though

Can't get it over here either really wish I could...

my friend just got his from the app store this is IOS originally it was released in america for android.

if oyu have android you can download it from a website if ios i beleive if oyu change your address to the american one, you will get the american app store and you can get it from there..

• Informative 1

my friend just got his from the app store this is IOS originally it was released in america for android.

if oyu have android you can download it from a website if ios i beleive if oyu change your address to the american one, you will get the american app store and you can get it from there..

Thanks man I'll try that

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet... I started it briefly, but I suppose I don't find it as addicting as everyone seems to find it. I decided against it. Plus I was having some server issues, I guess? Probably because everyone and their brother are using it. My husband tried it momentarily as well. Didn't really like it, though I will admit it's a cool concept.

That's all I see on facebook, though. I've been tagged by like 40 people already. xD It seems to be a hit so far.

My step brother just moved here and he's been on it 24/7 practically. I think it's gonna be that next thing that screws up someones life. xD You know, like texting and driving. LOL

• Agree 1

The problem when this app on release date is the developer, Niantic didn't know how much people will play this app. Niantic should already know how much people played Pokemon like millions of people or so. That resulted with random server downtimes.

I played Pokemon Go couple of times. I was hoping this app have something that I could play everyday in my phone, but for now I don't think this game is worth it for me. I know the purpose of this app is to go outside, catch Pokemon, raise it, take on gyms, battle people, etc. I absolutely love Pokemon, but I just don't go outside that often.

There were some notable issues that I fear before this game released as like people using in app in the car and doesn't pay attention on the road or any tragic problems irl.

Should I recommend this game? If you truly LOVE Pokemon and you usually go to work (or school), or often go outside then this game is for you. For me, no.

i used my google account, trying to get your nickanme is was a tough battle for me, everything was taken T_T got their eventually though

Yeah I had the same problem as well but I finally got it!

It's a pretty cool game that I will casually play and I didn't realize how popular it was until after I saw this thread. lol

Apparently everyone plays it. I'm not going to go out of my way for gym battles and pokemon though. lol.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I had the same problem as well but I finally got it!

It's a pretty cool game that I will casually play and I didn't realize how popular it was until after I saw this thread. lol

Apparently everyone plays it. I'm not going to go out of my way for gym battles and pokemon though. lol.

yeah its so popular that the servers are so packed i cant even get on to play T_T

seems lot better yesterday and today though ...

they must be working on it, as they are bringing it to more regions... on android and IOS.

yeah its so popular that the servers are so packed i cant even get on to play T_T

seems lot better yesterday and today though ...

they must be working on it, as they are bringing it to more regions... on android and IOS.

I can't get on to play sometimes as well and I have experienced some serious lag too. It is fun when it works though. I love that I get pokemon in my own yard. xD

Edited by Guest

its not available here either, my team leader found website and downloaded it from there, thats the great thing about android.

im sure if you look you an find an apk for it..

i did do that thing but the app is so heavy D:

As of today, Pokemon Go is available here too :D

the server goes down quite often it seems, but it's so addicting :P I was out with my bro hunting pokes today and pretty much killed my battery xD but I caught many pokes. Visiting pokestops is also fun because they are located near monuments and stuff

the game is pretty much of a waste of time for me since there are no Pokestops anywhere around here that isn't a drive (which I'm under age to drive) and any pokemon that do spawn are out in the middle of a field which means jumping and electric fence

Overall playing it was enjoyable for a few hours I guess but mainly the battles weren't doing it for me, mainly because its super simple and I'm so used to competitive pokemon that I can't enjoy it too much but the catching is still as good as ever.

Had a look into the Gym Battles, I was slightly disappointed, it's more "king of the hill" (I might have the term wrong, as I'm sure it's something similar), rather than what I was hoping for, when I heard "Gym Battles"!

Something that would have attracted me to Pokémon GO!, is if you could send Pokémon you had caught on it, over to the actual games!

get a new phone xP

well your aren't but everyone does anyway and no one has said anything to me.

Hahaha, I think about it, from time to time, still haven't, although I think if I was to get a new phone for any app, it would be Fate/Grand Order, rather than Pokémon GO!, might also have to look into Onimusha Souls too!

Well that's good, if it I was to do that in any of my places of work, I'd be out the door, due to all the confidential information about!

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to admit it, but I change my previous vote on this. '-'

I pushed not to use it for so long. My family kept nagging me to play with them. Every time I would go out with them, they would beg me to play. So I started using it more and I got really addicted for a hot minute. Sometimes I even go out with my aunt and cousins and battle gyms at like 11PM. LOL

I've slowed down a bit on it again as the lag has been frustrating.

But it was really funny to go to the local park and see a hundred people playing there. I suppose in a weird way it's uniting people together, and that alone is pretty cool~

• 5 weeks later...

My devices don't support it, but some friends let me borrow their phones to play it.

And so far, I think its boring. Plus I have to go to town to find any Poke gyms or stops. And town isn't that faraway its just that the Pokémon are in the most inconvenient places in town such as in fenced off places and places where I can't go, which is really frustrating.

And I have been hearing things in the news about people playing Pokémon Go, while their driving!!! And most of the time people get killed doing so.

So I really don't play it anymore and I don't see any reason to.