How long has it taken you to finish a manga?

The District

Is it better to read manga than watch anime?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is it better to read manga than watch anime?

• Yes, of course.
    • No, reading takes too long.
    • I think doing both is just fine.

Manga can be an interesting beast. Like Orius has been saying, it can be confusing when reading an action based shounen. I remember I used to have a decent amount of DBZ manga that I gave away a long time ago, mostly because I never finished them. There were literally pages of nothing but still images and random text thrown on their. In the long wrong, reading it was quick because of that, but understanding it was needlessly difficult.

I also don't read manga that often, because while it's easy enough to picture the surrounding world of the character and hows they are saying certain lines, it's not as entertaining. I don't even buy Manga anymore because of this, and instead choose to read it online from time to time, but even then those times are pretty rare. So to answer the question of the thread title, usually pretty quick. I've been reading at college level since I was 14 so now reading something as simple a manga only takes a few short hours at best.

• Like 1

The longest I've taken in one sitting is probably 1 1/2 hours (pretty sure it was a volume of Death Note and it was so wordy it just took me a while)

But when I read manga I usually took about 30~45 minutes.