Generally why i don't like anime

Freduk

I like some but most i hate. And yeah this is a parody video but i think it sums it up well :P

I haven't seen Hunter x Hunter 2011 for awhile but i plan to, i consider it a decent show. And watching Naruto more or less. Its not the greatest but interesting, and some show is sorta interesting. I also hope to see "Alpen Rose" sooner or later. I think that one is suppose to be really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjybxjuSVs

:/ i dont understand this post. :/

Its a selfish thread, but how i generally feel.

1: Women generally in Japanese animations are like portrayed really stupid. Like i mean not human. If you meet a girl in real life it will act like a human with characteristics, in anime they usually are dumb as bread or with hipitched voice. Usually not always, Naruto for example have somewhat respect and makes them unique all of the characters in the show.

2: Well the massive fetish and gigantic emotionless eyes.

3: The degenerated obsession of pillows and figurines.

Well thats some examples. I think i could give more but i don't wanna go on about it so... Discuss away if you disagree

• Disagree 1

1: if you generally don't enjoy anime, why are you here? Lol

2: I would have to disagree with every point. xD

3: I feel like the video had no relation lol

• Agree 2

the only thing I dislike about some anime is how they sexualize so many female characters.

• Agree 1

1: Women generally in Japanese animations are like portrayed really stupid. Like i mean not human. If you meet a girl in real life it will act like a human with characteristics, in anime they usually are dumb as bread or with hipitched voice. Usually not always, Naruto for example have somewhat respect and makes them unique all of the characters in the show.

depends on how sexist the author is... there are many good fems out there too

2: Well the massive fetish and gigantic emotionless eyes.

i don't really like too exaggerated eyes either but eh, some do

3: The degenerated obsession of pillows and figurines.

just because there are a bunch of weebs out there who make a fool out of themselves doesn't mean everyone worships anime merch

Ok, lets just face the facts, im in a horrible mood tonight, so let me lay this down:

Everything you said is based completely on personal opinion, which is completely respectable. here is mine:

1: women are portrayed in the way they are, because it actually makes the anime interesting to a much broader amount of viewers. If every single female anime character was highly intellectual, with no appeal to the opposite gender, then how boring would that be for the majority of fans already in the series? Besides, its like everything: in movies, for example , blond women are portrayed always as being dumb. its almost always the case, because the producer only has about 2 hours to tell you this message, so stereotypes are the way to do it.

Unfortunately, stereotypes work in the same way in anime as well. They have a breife amount of episodes to lay down what each character is like, and how they will play a roll.

2: Gigantic, emotionless eyes? I think not!

The main art style and appeal of anime is commonly the eyes. With every single artist making their own unique design, its hard to say they are all large and emotionless. I mean, the eyes are the hardest part to draw on an anime character, especial when it comes to detail.

Its an art style.

3: erm, you know the main attraction to ANYTHING is merchandise. People collect the strangest things. Collectors can get into ANY item, so I don't see any harm at all in people having an obsession over anime merchandise.

Its something close and personal to the owner. why criticize them on what makes them happy D:

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic