Resident Evil 6 Official Discussion

ankokuryuumugen

Talk about the upcoming Resident Evil 6 here. You can also talk about past games in the series. But NO MOVIE RE.

So Resident Evil 6 is a story that concerns 3 protagonists and is the first game that Leon and Chris are in together. So I'm pretty excited for that.

I downloaded the demo and it was surprisingly quite good. Leon's part reminded me of old school limited ammo, spooky atmosphere, spooky music. The zombies are normal and quite stupid at times. The only hard part is if they swarm me. The downside of this was that there were no puzzles and people complained about that. I honestly don't care if there are no puzzles in the finished game. I'm actually intrigued by the RE story and I feel that puzzles in a sense makes the game feel more unreal than it is.

THe Chris part was a classic 3rd person shooter. You have a freaking Assault rifle. But on the other hand, so do the enemy BOWs. These things are smart and they will shoot you. Cover systems sucks ass though. Best cover system was in uncharted and sleeping dogs. Chris segments are definitely a lot more action/shooting. Its a nice change from Leon's spooky survival situation. At least you feel like you can survive the apocalypse with Chris.

Now for the new guy, Jake Muller. Aka Wesker's son. He has a rather charming british accent. I think its british. His play style is like Chris, but more guns. Well the demo gave him more guns. He also has special blood in him that makes him immune to stuff and he also seems to have a bit of super strength and speed. He can actually use his hand to hand combat skills to beat people up. Jake's sections also has a lot more climbing and jumping. Otherwise, its not that much different from Chris.

There is fixed health that doesn't regenerate. I am so happy about this. It makes things harder. Even though you still have more bullets than ever. I still remember old school REs where bullets were treated like gold.

This looks awesome!!!! Only bad part of recent RE games are the fact that they arent as scary as I remember the old games. I remember playing the first game and being so creeped out. The new games don't have the same scare factor and the regular zombies just boring honestly. I still love the games like RE4 and 5 ORC was a waste of 60 dollars though.

• 5 months later...

Reviving this thread because I am in love with this game right now! I love Jake and Sherry's story and as a couple, they both look good! I also find their story to be the easiest! I am currently playing Leon and Helena. Reached chapter 5, woohoo!! :)

• 2 years later...