iQbliviqn_

Do you like Akame Ga Kill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like Akame Ga Kill?

• Yes!
    • Hell Naw!

So here are some theories, That lead to why people HATE Akame Ga Kill

1. MOST CHARACTERS DIE.

Alot of people think this anime will have a happy ending. Hahhahahah No.

Lubbock (My fav character ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;) DIES. Leone DIES. Tatsumi DIES. Bulat DIES.

Mine DIES. Shelee DIES. Chelsea (Another one of my favorites ;-;) DIES. Najenda And Akame Are the only People left.

2. The Title!

So, We all know the main character is tatsumi. Then why did they name it "AKAME GA KILL" if akame isnt the main character. Like What tf.

3. The Deaths

Everyone hates that character dies. But A LOT. Like most of the characters die. Even if all your favorite character dies. None likes everyone dieing. And only Akame And Najenda. Survives. Like WTH.

So these are the TOP 3 Reasons people hate Akame Ga Kill.

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...

You should have posted that you post contains spoilers :-p

yes most characters die, but this is how this anime is. I hate to see the characters die, but they really overdid it. kind of reminds me of Game of thrones :-p

well Akame is the last one standing so this is why the anime is all about akame.

Edited by Guest

Nothing wrong with important characters being killed off. If people are sensitive about their favorite characters dying, then I'd say the show did its job of keeping viewers invested in their story arcs. The issue then becomes if the show can still be interesting as it moves on. Will the story still be interesting enough to continue viewing? Just gotta watch and see.

As for AGK, I was liking it until the 16-17th episode. It was rushed to hell from there...

Edited by Guest

I suppose whether most people enjoy an anime or not dictates whether it's "good" and well received, so if the masses don't appreciate huge amounts of character death, then I suppose Akame ga Kill exclamation point will never be a good anime.

I on the other hand, loved it to bits, half because of all the brutal, BRUTAL extinction of everyone I'd come to love.

If I'm halfway through an anime and my favourite character dies, then its not in my nature to give up enjoying it if there's still something left that's interesting.

I'll feel like I've been punched in the heart, obviously, but its that gritty everybody-is-dying-but-somehow-we-still-have-to-win attitude that kept me interested and hopeful in/for Night Raid and what ultimately made me feel happy for Najenda and Akame in the end.

I, like a few other commenters believe that the deaths of important characters isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as their death is worthwhile and makes their existence significant or at the very least entertaining.

Anyway, I loved it regardless. Just happy I got to see Henry the Eighth's equally ravenous cousin get mangled by Leone.

I love Akame Ga Kill!

It was the first anime i finished that left me in shock and feeling uneasy all night.

As for the anime being all about Tatsumi, I disagree. For me the anime is about akame but tatsumi is the main driving charcater for plot. The ending pretty much confirmed this. Books have done this type of thing before. It probably has a name but i dont know. But one book series i had didnt even follow the title character most of the time.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Akame ga kill is more like a show you get hooked to and watch when your bored but thats just me it also depends on what your type of anime is...

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

• 1 month later...

Akame Ga kill is a really good anime. It's true that it's a bit like GOT when it's about death but this anime deserves to be watch.

Fights and graphic design are pretty good as much as the history even if the end has been "botched" for my taste.

• Like 1

It looks interesting, I've heard good things about it so I'll likely watch it within the next few weeks. Without spoiling if possible, what kind of things did you not like about it?

In my opinion, there is only one thing that i didn't like about it, the anime has suddenly ended, i don't know why, i guess they just tried to ensure that the end has a "meaning" and that it's not botched either but it wasn't the case. BUT despite this, the final fight is AWESOME.

• Like 1

I think Akame ga Kill was very predictable, although it was very good. I knew what would happen at the end since like the first quarter of the series. Besides that, I enjoyed it a lot. I think it's a series to watch in one shot, rather than a chunk at once, then another chunk later on. You'll lose interest very quickly if you do that.

i just wanna start by saying akame ga kill is amazing. Idk why most people find the title odd. yes it is called akame ga kill but i feel as if akame and tatsumi were both to be portrayed as the main characters. if u look really closely into it, akame and tatsumi are the two mostly showed, and not only that but there seems to be a stronger backround on the both of them. everyone else had a brief history on them but i dont feel as if it was as in depth as akame and tatsumi's. As for the deaths, yes they did come quickly but they had meaning. some died fighting which gave the other characters more incentive to complete their job. To me the whole anime itself flowed smooth and thats why its my 2nd favorite.

the anime has suddenly ended, i don't know why

I always hate when a show ends quickly or without that feeling of closure. Some of the ones I've seen seem to go to extra lengths to provide closure, others just leave you guessing.

• 4 weeks later...

To say that truth, it really isn't that good.

- The story was quite predictable as to what will happen next and who will die next .etc)

- Not enough good character development.

- The whole lot of "We're are justice! You are evil!", "No we are not! You are!" was lousy asf, there was literally no one to correctly actually to take the time and think "is this really alright"? or start being philosophic and crap.

- The story was rushed.

- The characters who got killed off, we didn't get enough actual screen time and background story.

Let's just say it became predictable like Bleach.

5.6/10

It's not about too many characters dying. It's about when it becomes over-the-top and ridiculous. The story progressed at at uneven and an unnecessarily fast rate, and if you start killing characters left and right, you lose a sense of stakes, just like when you don't kill any character.

The other issue is the writing. Espcially the comedy. The writing was pretty sub-par. Of course, I'm not denying that the animation was good and the action scenes were very good, but, they weren't serviced by good story and characters.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic