Pokémon General Discussion

Optic

I haven't watched Pokémon past the second or third movie; whichever one had that girl with the flute, and involved Entei.

My favourite pokémon itself... I'm not too sure. I have a lot of favourites. Zubat, Noibat, Mawile, Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Trevenant, Joltik, Ariados.

I'm currently playing a sort of themed/roleplay run through Pokémon Y, to try and spice it up. I'm only using grass, poison, bug, ghost, dark, and bat-types. I love bats. It makes the game a bit harder, which is cool. Though I am also using a Tyrunt and Mawile. Mawile is sort of my mascot, and Tyrunt is there because dinosaurs are cute.

That sounds really cool that you're only using certain types of Pokemon. I have Pokemon Stadium and my boyfriend gets frustrated since I will only pick the cute types :P if I had it my way I would just use all fire Pokemon but he says I wouldn't win then haha.

Yes, the 3rd movie was the one with Entei. What made you stop watching Pokemon?

That sounds really cool that you're only using certain types of Pokemon. I have Pokemon Stadium and my boyfriend gets frustrated since I will only pick the cute types :P if I had it my way I would just use all fire Pokemon but he says I wouldn't win then haha.

Yes, the 3rd movie was the one with Entei. What made you stop watching Pokemon?

As harsh as it sounds, I grew up. The anime, for all intents and purposes, was geared towards children. As an adult, I find myself no longer enjoying it. That, and some of the decisions Ash has made throughout the series irk me.

I think the anime became quite boring because it's always the same. Ash leaves his Pokemon behind to start over again, catches new ones and always at least one of the starters. Ash arrives somewhere team rocket still wants pikachu, they catch him or another Pokemon, ash gets them back, team rocket blows up xD

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

I think the anime became quite boring because it's always the same. Ash leaves his Pokemon behind to start over again, catches new ones and always at least one of the starters. Ash arrives somewhere team rocket still wants pikachu, they catch him or another Pokemon, ash gets them back, team rocket blows up xD

I did hear somewhere that Team Rocket changed a bit recently, they had a different motto and also, they started winning battles which was amazing! I do wish Pokemon could be changed up a lot more. I wish Ash wouldn't leave his Pokemon behind :( Also, one thing I did like... I don't watch it anymore but I did see that Charizard came back for a short while. It was cool to see the footage of the anime showing a flashback of Ash and Charmander/Charizard, seriously it was cool seeing how much the animation had changed from the original. I think it would have been cool for the creators to get to re-draw a scene like that and see how much it had changed. Have any of you seen it? I could show it to you.

I did hear somewhere that Team Rocket changed a bit recently, they had a different motto and also, they started winning battles which was amazing! I do wish Pokemon could be changed up a lot more. I wish Ash wouldn't leave his Pokemon behind :( Also, one thing I did like... I don't watch it anymore but I did see that Charizard came back for a short while. It was cool to see the footage of the anime showing a flashback of Ash and Charmander/Charizard, seriously it was cool seeing how much the animation had changed from the original. I think it would have been cool for the creators to get to re-draw a scene like that and see how much it had changed. Have any of you seen it? I could show it to you.

Oh yes please show me!

I do watch it when I see it on tv every now and then and gosh the graphics are so much better now but Ash looks soo young? I wish Misty would be in there again. I loved her a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjeBPkOET38

There it is. ^_^ It is very good!! Yes, I know Ash is so young looking now I hate it :( when I was a 9 year old I thought he looked hot.... I wouldn't think that now if I was 9!! I miss Misty as well its so strange. I used to dislike her when I was a little kid but now while re-watching the series I now realise that Misty and I are more alike than say.... May. :) I wish she would come back and Ash and Misty could get married!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjeBPkOET38

There it is. ^_^ It is very good!! Yes, I know Ash is so young looking now I hate it :( when I was a 9 year old I thought he looked hot.... I wouldn't think that now if I was 9!! I miss Misty as well its so strange. I used to dislike her when I was a little kid but now while re-watching the series I now realise that Misty and I are more alike than say.... May. :) I wish she would come back and Ash and Misty could get married!

Oh that one! I've seen that one! =) I wish Brock would get a relationship too, I mean he must be getting pretty old now haha =) & it would be fun to see what he is like in a relationship. I did know he dated Professor Ivy for a while but we never saw how that went.

Oh that one! I've seen that one! =) I wish Brock would get a relationship too, I mean he must be getting pretty old now haha =) & it would be fun to see what he is like in a relationship. I did know he dated Professor Ivy for a while but we never saw how that went.

I feel cheated that we didn't get to see that relationship!!! I really wanted to see what happened between them. :( I want Brock to date Suzie, the girl that gave him Vulpix!

I feel cheated that we didn't get to see that relationship!!! I really wanted to see what happened between them. :( I want Brock to date Suzie, the girl that gave him Vulpix!

Oh did you see the episode where they bump into Suzie again? =D

Yeah like the time he released Butterfree!! That still bothers me...

I cry every time when I see that Butterfree episode. Apparently once Butterfree are released they die after they mate :( so that is why he never came back if that is true. Too bad Ash never got to meet Butterfree's babies.

I watched pokemon since I was in elementary,I think I was 7 or maybe 8. But now I am 16 and Ash is still 10 years old.

My favorite characters in pokemon were actualy team rocket (don't hit me!>o<). I like how they always say the same thing when they show up in every episode.

JESSIE:

Prepare for trouble!

JAMES:

Make it double!

JESSIE:

To protect the world from devastation!

JAMES:

To unite all peoples within our nation!

JESSIE:

To denounce the evils of truth and love!

JAMES:

To extend our reach to the stars above!

JESSIE:

Jessie!

JAMES:

James!

JESSIE:

Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

JAMES:

Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

MEOWTH:

Meowth!

That's righthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOU_jy7plO0

• Like 1

Nothing bad about liking Team Rocket. I like them too. It is very strange though cause my boyfriend can imitate James' English dub voice, so weird! Another thing I liked was Team Rocket's song on the original Pokemon TV series soundtrack haha it was pretty good.

I loved Team Rocket because of Meowth! Cat Pokemon!

I think Team Rocket is also the most fun team

compared to all the others you have later on.

they explained in one episode in the old pokemon season, when the eh..duck pokemon and the rounded boucing pokemon are making a movie, and the team rocket followed ash and them to the pokemon "hollywood".

and the place remind meowth of his first love and how he learn to rad and speak human language and how he learn to walk on two legs. oh..that episode was so touching I cried.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
they explained in one episode in the old pokemon season, when the eh..duck pokemon and the rounded boucing pokemon are making a movie, and the team rocket followed ash and them to the pokemon "hollywood".

and the place remind meowth of his first love and how he learn to rad and speak human language and how he learn to walk on two legs. oh..that episode was so touching I cried.

Oh. I remembered that episode now. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Side note: some pokemon plush that I have collected.

uploadfromtaptalk1396887492507.thumb.jpg.feaf25c1348f654848d48aeddc92a098.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
I should take a pic of my Pokemon plush collection some day. I love yours Fab!! So cute!! :D

Haha, thanks, still trying to collect the rest of the remaining plushs though

• 2 weeks later...
So Looker and member of the International Police should go arrest Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy, Giovanni and member of the Team Rocket.

In my opinion Team Rocket has always been depicted as being more competent and evil in the movies, perhaps the most evident case was in Pokemon Origins.

• 1 year later...

I pretty much stopped watching the Pokemon anime after I got my job 4 years ago. (because I had to work on Saturdays when the new episodes air) I was still watching the movies but I'm behind. I think the last one I watched was the Kyurem movie and it wasn't that great.

My favorite movies would have to be the Gen IV movies. The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina and the Sky Warrior and Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

My favorite Pokemon is Torterra.

Grass type is the best type <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic