Sword Art Online Live Action Announced

IntoMyWorld

American independent production company Skydance Television announced on Tuesday that it has acquired the global live-action television rights for the Sword Art Online (SAO) franchise from Kadokawa.

The company plans to fast-track the launch of a live-action television series. Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Terminator Genisys) is writing the script and executive producing along with David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross of Skydance. Kalogridis, who also penned drafts for the live-action Alita: Battle Angel and Ghost in the Shell films, mentioned that she has "for years... been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise."

LINK

Not sure how to feel about this...

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I am actually disgusted with whoever thought this was a good idea. I mean, really!? SAO is my fave anime show I have seen and I just know the live action will suck, first off because: It cant bring the beauty of the sao world to it properly, it cant have the adorable and cute voices the characters are meant to have, it cant it cant feel like a video-game/VR world if it is not animated.

I am very disappointed, I wish people would just watch the SAO anime and not this live action thing. Subtitles aren't that hard to read after all, and if you don't like to read subtitles then learn Japanese (which I am currently doing) and then watch the anime; Forget about the live action.

I never want to watch that.

• Agree 1

I don't really get why they make live action films of Anime because it wasn't meant to be a live action movie.

If you're watching Anime and thinking, "This would be better without the great art and adorable characters." then you should just stop watching, -If you do in fact watch live action Anime films I do not want to sound rude, I just dislike that some people DON'T watch Anime at all and instead watch the live action stuff- And I've been very disappointed with the live action adaptions of Anime because they fail so horribly.

I was thinking of watching the live action Attack On Titan movie because I thought maybe they could get that one right because the art in the Anime was meant to look realistic and it pulled that off very well, although the Anime would easily be able to translate over to a movie they butchered it horribly and I don't understand why.

Looking at the pictures from the movie I was utterly disgusted when I found out that Armin wasn't even blonde! Yes, that probably isn't even a big deal for some people but I'm a perfectionist and really pay attention to details so the fact that he wasn't blonde really upset me, I also read the synopsis on the movie and almost every review was saying it was quite bad and was no where near as good as the show.

So if they couldn't get an Attack On Titan movie right which is pretty much already realistic looking and sounding then how do they expect to pull off a video game world with unrealistically beautiful scenery, adorable voices, and people? I just don't think these live actions films are or ever were a good idea.

• Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic