does hype sometimes ruin animes for you?

flambo

So I recently watched Rezero right? and it is really really hyped by all my friends and everyone I know so I was expecting something enjoyable and good but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary and hardly any of it was explained fast enough causing me to dislike it. So I was wondering if Hype ruins any animes for you or if I just expected too much for the community that only cares about the "plot" aka boobs xD (a lot of people only watched for Rem I think)

I've never really had hype ruin anything for me. I tend to disregard any sort of hype though. Good hype, bad hype, it doesn't matter to me! I just watch things if they catch my interest and don't generally go in really expecting anything. If I like it, I like it. If I don't, oh well!

I'll admit, if anuthing, anime or otherwise, is hyped, I'll have my doubts.

A bunch of games were hyped up immensely, only to be disappointments. I tend to just ignore hype, especially these days when I've been burned one too many times by those I once admired.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, no. I have always been behind in keeping up with new series coming out, so I almost never get into the hype and then have it ruined. Most series I have watched, I watched at least a year after being released. I also don't really judge something based on other people's reactions, so if I do get a hype for something, it's usually souly based on my own opinion. I have been disappointed in that aspect.

I don't give a flying feather about hype. Im hyped if I personally think it looks good, not if anyone else is starting a hype train. And no, hype hasn't ruined any anime's for me yet, all the ones ive been hyped for have lived up to expectations.

• Geano locked this topic