Why are all the terrible anime popular?

IntoMyWorld

The one's with the shoddy storylines, Bad artwork or are just terrible. Why Are they the popular ones?

Examples:

Naruto-Terrible Voicework

One Piece-Slow paced-Bad Art

Assasination Classroom-Weird Art style

Why are they popular?

And yet all the good anime are totally overlooked!

Thats opinion is based on your knowledge and is not representative of everyones feelings

ok. nice job btw. getting really defensive like that.

Me being defensive is your opinion and not based on any facts

will you hurry up and get over whatever is going on. its starting to annoy me.

• Funny 1

I think it's a matter of opinion. I enjoyed the one piece artwork, for example. I kept up on it but after a while quit but only because I tend to get bored with overly long shounen anime. I think whether or not its popular to the majority of fans, is irrelevant as long as you enjoy it. Like SAO, for example. A lot of people are on the "it was terrible and overrated" bandwagon, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Edited by Guest

if the story is shit but the action is highly enjoyable then that would be the sell point of the anime and plenty of people will happily enjoy them like naruto or msot shounen jump anime does this make them bad ? well yes for people who dont like all action anime like myself and want a good story but to others thats what makes it a good anime with the amount of action you get so its really about preference but i do think a lot of hyped up animes are just liked for waifus tits and action instead of actual good story telling which really dissapoints me

will you hurry up and get over whatever is going on. its starting to annoy me.

Nothings going on, Apart from you posting a ridiculous reply and when i replied in the same fashion to show you how little a comment like that contributes you got all Angsty

The Issue lies with me, I just find most Mainstream titles Boring

But.... I do really like Bleach,

I just don't understand all the like for the mainstream titles, they seem so childish and stupid and boring and i don't see how they get popular over all the mature, well thought out and explained titles with more depth!

Edited by Guest

biggest example is SAO (not to offend SAO fans, since the concept IS there, but everything else is just a huge disappointment >_<)

but, as has been said, its mainly due to personal opinion. I mean, the biggest title as such that i have ever seen was Tokyo ghoul (Fyi, Doves FTW!!!!) so i cant really give a huge argument about the for's and against's

still, its pretty interesting to hear the reasons why people follow certain ones ^w^ just as a side, if you do watch any of the "mainstream / popular" anime's, why does it keep you drawn in?

(P.s: i was not sure if i can count Danganronpa as a mainstream one. <3 danganronpa <3)

The one's with the shoddy storylines, Bad artwork or are just terrible. Why Are they the popular ones?

Examples:

Why are they popular?

This is subjective since everyone's preferences differ. For instance, you feel these aren't good series for the reasons you mentioned whereas others view them differently. Many people seemed to like Neon Genesis Evangeleon but for me, it's not a good series. It didn't keep my interest. Same with Full Metal Alchemist. This doesn't mean that they're particularly bad...just that they don't appeal to me.

Edited by Guest

I hate the Pokemon anime, at least after the first couple of arcs; personally, I view the animation these days to be shoddy, and the storytelling shit.

Though I admit, I haven't watched any of the X & Y episodes, and I'm hearing some say it's improved, though some others say not so much...but quite frankly, even if the former were true, I've been so thourougly burned off the anime for years that as far as I'm concerned, it's too little, too late.

But many still find enjoyment out of it, and I respect that.

Likewise, I loved Lupin the 3rd: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, mainly due to the storytelling, the animation amd the characters. But not everyone like the darker tone or the nudity, or even get past said nudity. But that's okay, that's how they feel.

Now, unfortunately, popularity does play a part in whether or not a series continues, so it is unfortunate when one series that's bad can continue forever while a good one is lucky if it gets so much as a movie to conclude things.

But opinions are opinions; the Pokemon anime wouldn't be running right now if not for people who like it, and I feel the Woman Called Fujiko Mine ended where it was intended to.

That is how I feel.

Examples:

Why are they popular?

yo i totally agree i even really enjoyed and grew up with the Gundam series and Gundam Wing was good and the Best truthfully is MS Gundam00 3 seasons and 2 or 3 main movies but i only have the first so far it was out in 2007 and its a bad ass mecha anime from start to finixh. however it came on sci-fi and not toon net so now the iron blooded orphans ive tried to watxh and i hate it and the story of such petty squaballs i mean Gundam is a run and gun hard core show thats been top notch before and now i weep for it and Sunrise animation co.the trully awesome anime that i have is a little older like Death Note and Bleach and Gundam00 but all ive seen since is not that good and is focusd on pre teens that wine about everything and yet are super powerful? the newest anime that is really my personal favorite collection of both series and movies is the Ghost in the Shell saga and the new Arise anime sets are pretty good abd the newest movie is really getting back the original feeling of the anime that started the most overwhelming flood of anime to America cause after 97 when the original GitS movie came out and hit theaters the whole industry took off even more than it was before and it was doing well anyway but the great late 90's and 2000's anime is mostly drawing from the style, action, or character developement that is a hallmark for Ghost in the Shell and the rest are mostly wanna be anime that are okay but not the same quality and interest in those, except the sebond movie called Innocence which im not a fan of but i hear both sides so rent it ad decide for yourself and the second stand Alone called the Individual Eleven happens to be my personal favorite. some other high quality artworks start with movies like Akira, the Original Appleseed and lesser so Appleseed EX Machina, and Armitage movies, and not to skip some amazing stories and genre films like the Cowboy Bebop Series and Neon Genesis Evangelion, both Vampire Hunter D movies are cool and Afro Samurai, as well as the highly enjoyed Samorai Champloo, and i have not been able to buy the Steamboy movie so i dont know yet but im guessing its good, and LASTLY BUT NO Means the Least any of the following Hayao Miyazaki movies......like Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Monoke, and Spirited Away. if you need anything else i have a collection of over 300 dvd that are all good thats the judgement i use to see how bad i want a movie if i buy it then its good at least, just because the newbies are all about the new it does not make it good so just watch what you like and screw the fakers........ cause im pretty hardcore into anime and you sound like i do and the references you make are good quality so go with you then if you need or want to ask me whats up i also have the anime encyclopedia from the first one through 2006........ so i kinda keep up. good luck and holler if you feel like it, laters!

Thats opinion is based on your knowledge and is not representative of everyones feelings

not right but whatever its the opinion and moreover the knowledge that anyone i know has as well, but its okay to censor me but im right and if you care about the anime we see being trash then you are entitled but ill take the proper stance to protect a major part of my life for 20years now so im touchy. sorry

• 2 weeks later...
not right but whatever its the opinion and moreover the knowledge that anyone i know has as well, but its okay to censor me but im right and if you care about the anime we see being trash then you are entitled but ill take the proper stance to protect a major part of my life for 20years now so im touchy. sorry
No, sloth is right. This is very subjective. I don't like Neon Genesis Evangeleon...many people praise it. Are their opinions wrong just because the series couldn't hold my interest? No, because entertainment is very subjective because people like different things. I wouldn't state my opinion on the series as fact because it's exactly that...an opinion. No one should, really... Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
Like SAO, for example. A lot of people are on the "it was terrible and overrated" bandwagon, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Yea, ugg I get so annoyed with people who hate SAO. I loved it, especially loved the artwork.

• 2 months later...

Just because an anime is super popular doesn't necessarily mean they are terrible.

And honestly, what does the art style have to do with an anime is good or not?

That is like saying " This anime is bad because the art style is too ugly, very bright, too much moe, etc ". I can understand what your saying, but a bad/weird art style doesn't make an anime bad whether or not its popular or obscure.

Lots of time goes into these anime and if these anime you called " terrible " were actually terrible they wouldn't have as much fans as they do now.

Edit: Oops! Just realized this topic is about a month old xD

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Examples:

Why are they popular?

It's because of stations like Cartoon Network are giving the dull yet overrated anime too much coverage to the tweens who are easily entertained. Violent anime shows like Tokyo Ghoul ,Gantz, Berserk,Claymore, Guyver, or Parasyte don't get near the attention that they should because some networks aren't going to air those shows without the tween's parents bitching about it here in America or some UN countries where you can't show a lot of blood and guts on the tv in any fashion or form.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

It's because of stations like Cartoon Network are giving the dull yet overrated anime too much coverage to the tweens who are easily entertained. Violent anime shows like Tokyo Ghoul ,Gantz, Berserk,Claymore, Guyver, or Parasyte don't get near the attention that they should because some networks aren't going to air those shows without the tween's parents bitching about it here in America or some UN countries where you can't show a lot of blood and guts on the tv in any fashion or form.
They would probably have to edit them severely from the way you're describing these series. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if CN stuck to mainstream shows that'll appeal to a general audience.
  • Agree 1

They would probably have to edit them severely from the way you're describing these series. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if CN stuck to mainstream shows that'll appeal to a general audience.

That's true. I've heard of that having been done in the past. I honestly can't blame the network with young children. A lot of the shows being shown on Toonami are really watered down.

My thoughts are that the more popular networks just wants to avoid lawsuits or any kind of controversial scandal. I think the only true good optimistic thing is that they're trying to introduce people to anime.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic