Digital Art Programs: What do you use?

Bard

I personally use MS Paint, it seems to give me a wide selection of tools when i stay up at 4am and draw an anime related pictures (my showcase thread is coming soon)

It has provided some amazing anime fan art such as this(i didnt make this one)

pD2D2KFseR-12.png.dbb9fc1e6117a6185a1b9de34caadd8a.png

(this is actually better than my artwork xD)

Now let me ask, what software do you use?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I use a few different programs...

Free:

Inkscape for basic vector editing when I don't feel like being fancy

GIMP 2.0 for a more complicated and powerful Photoshop alternative (also a better replacement for paint.net)

Paid:

Clip Studio Paint Pro (the successor to Manga Studio) for all my illustrations using my graphics tablet

to everyone who responded thank you, however, this was never a super serious thread it was juust for me to show off my terrible artwork so @Ryuji wouldn't have any grounds for blackmail

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really draw stuff, and when I do I normally don't use digital art programs.

I normally use Paint Tool when I draw digitally, however I am not that good.^^

Edited by Guest

I don't really draw stuff, and when I do I normally don't use digital art programs.

I normally use Paint Tool when I draw digitally, however I am not that good.^^

Well i pride myself on being a great artist, check out this recreation of bunnies artwork

Bunny's piece:

59e2173556b63_bunnysart.thumb.jpg.c6c30b5818353afade12c05fd11181b7.jpg

My recreation:

59e217355cb0c_Serenity-byBard.thumb.png.b04259378170ec07e5b2bc1ce2bb50be.png

I think mine is 100X better but ill let you guys be the judge.

Title: "Serenity" By Bard

• Like 1

Well i pride myself on being a great artist, check out this recreation of bunnies artwork

Bunny's piece:

[ATTACH]29598[/ATTACH]

My recreation:

[ATTACH]29599[/ATTACH]

I think mine is 100X better but ill let you guys be the judge.

Title: "Serenity" By Bard

I like it! :3

Especially the stars *____*

• 7 months later...

I use paint,net for everything drawing and gfx on the pc until I get a digital drawing pad then Ill probably switch...

I'm a believer in free stuff open source software so I use these:

GIMP - An excellent alternative to Photoshop that, for me, proves to be far less confusing to use and I have enough experience in it that I can find a way to render whatever I need to :P

Inkscape - A really good vector program that I use at work frequently for purposes such as logo design, font processing and 3D printing

I tend to just swap between the two, I don't really see any need to use anything else :D

I'm a believer in free stuff open source software so I use these:

GIMP - An excellent alternative to Photoshop that, for me, proves to be far less confusing to use and I have enough experience in it that I can find a way to render whatever I need to :P

Inkscape - A really good vector program that I use at work frequently for purposes such as logo design, font processing and 3D printing

I tend to just swap between the two, I don't really see any need to use anything else :D

I think I am gonna try these because I never tried any other software except for paint.net....

• Agree 1

I think I am gonna try these because I never tried any other software except for paint.net....

Not familiar with that one, it looks pretty interesting. Not too different from GIMP though so it looks easy to pick up. I recommend that you try them, they're both extremely powerful tools :)

Not familiar with that one, it looks pretty interesting. Not too different from GIMP though so it looks easy to pick up. I recommend that you try them, they're both extremely powerful tools :)

I will I bet I will probably use them since I learn things fast and am attracted to new things!

• Like 1