Rate the song above you

SilverDragon

1 minute ago, Mars Terra said:

Have you seen Love Live before?

7.2 I think that it would work to strengthen the emotion of the scene it's used in, but it's not the type of song I would listen to outside of that.

Blood Teller by Faylan.

Yeah, I saw Love Live, though it was kind of forgettable.

I would have to agree a bit with your assement, though there is more than one scene is play in, so it would be hard picking one.

As for song, 5/10. It did not seem bad, but the start turned me off.

3 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

Both seasons of it? I really liked season 2, it currently sits at 8th place so this song holds a lot of meaning to me.

I don't know a lot about Yu Yu Hashuko, so I wouldn't know.

8.0 for your song. I would consider listening to it again.

Itazurana Kiss by day after tomorrow.

Yeah, both seasons and season 1 of Sunshine.

6/10 for your song. Pretty good ending and one that I actually enjoyed listening to, but not as good without the credit sequence.

Hm, then I guess it's just a difference in preference. I take it you're not watching season 2 of Sunshine then?

Ehh~!? You're going to deduct points for something like that??

7.5 for your song. It's just a rock song which sometimes are nice in itself. I don't know, am I making any sense right now?

Gekkou no Chigiri by Yousei Teikoku. I really love this band.

2 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

Hm, then I guess it's just a difference in preference. I take it you're not watching season 2 of Sunshine then?

Nope. I am more interested in Ancient Magus Bride.

As for the deduction, only one point was deducted if anything. I would have put it at 7.x at most. Just does not have the same feeling without the sequence is all.

I kind of wanted the actual MV for that, though the opening sequence of FMA (2003) that goes with it is good too, but could not find it. AKFG is more of JRock though yes.

7.5/10 Nice tune and I would not mind listening to it again, but not truly up to my tastes.

20 hours ago, brycec said:

Nope. I am more interested in Ancient Magus Bride.

As for the deduction, only one point was deducted if anything. I would have put it at 7.x at most. Just does not have the same feeling without the sequence is all.

I kind of wanted the actual MV for that, though the opening sequence of FMA (2003) that goes with it is good too, but could not find it. AKFG is more of JRock though yes.

7.5/10 Nice tune and I would not mind listening to it again, but not truly up to my tastes.

The anime or manga?

I'm not sure how these numbers relate in your rating system, but a single point is a pretty big jump in mines.

Ah, I think I may of heard that song in opening lists before then.

This song in particular is actually quite a deviation from their usual work, so much so that I probably wouldn't have figured out it was them if I didn't look it up. They tend to make metal songs.

7.0 for that song. I don't hate it, but I feel like the chorus was a little weak.

Uso by SID. Speaking of Fullmetal Alchemist...

9 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

The anime or manga?

Manga right now, though the anime is not looking too bad, even if it comes from a studio that made one of the worse anime ever.

10 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

I'm not sure how these numbers relate in your rating system, but a single point is a pretty big jump in mines.

Single points are not that big too me. I am more likely to dish out x.x points the closer it gets to a perfect score though. Funny thing is, I do not usually use point systems, so outside of here, and possibly sites like Amazon, I more of just basing it on how I perceive it. I just hate using such scales because it gives people the false impression that something is perfect, even though many acknowledge that something getting a perfect score does not mean it has no flaws.

16 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

Ah, I think I may of heard that song in opening lists before then.

This song in particular is actually quite a deviation from their usual work, so much so that I probably wouldn't have figured out it was them if I didn't look it up. They tend to make metal songs.

I think it is in their greatest hits album on iTunes and Amazon too. I would have to check my Plex server though, since that is the quickest for me, so I knew it was them for some time, though that was the first song I heard from them.

21 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

Uso by SID. Speaking of Fullmetal Alchemist...

7/10 Not bad. I enjoyed it enough to listen again, but not the whole song, as I was done after about the time it takes to get through the actual credits in FMAB.

17 minutes ago, brycec said:

Manga right now, though the anime is not looking too bad, even if it comes from a studio that made one of the worse anime ever.

Me too. Not sure what anime you're referring to.

Single points are not that big too me. I am more likely to dish out x.x points the closer it gets to a perfect score though. Funny thing is, I do not usually use point systems, so outside of here, and possibly sites like Amazon, I more of just basing it on how I perceive it. I just hate using such scales because it gives people the false impression that something is perfect, even though many acknowledge that something getting a perfect score does not mean it has no flaws.

I understand. It can be pretty difficult for me to rate anime because I don't know how the numbers relate to one another, but with music I do have a pretty good understanding and am not picky about the exact location of a song on my list.

I think it is in their greatest hits album on iTunes and Amazon too. I would have to check my Plex server though, since that is the quickest for me, so I knew it was them for some time, though that was the first song I heard from them.

The AKFG or YT one?

8.5 It's actually one of my more preferred Bleach openings. I would compare it to Asterisk but I do not find that song quite as enjoyable.

Irodori no Nai Sekai by Yousei Teikoku. Again.

51 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

Me too. Not sure what anime you're referring to.

Attack on Titan. A lot of people like it, but when I saw it, I did not see what was so great about it.

53 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

The AKFG or YT one?

AKFG

54 minutes ago, Mars Terra said:

Irodori no Nai Sekai by Yousei Teikoku. Again.

7/10 pretty nice and relaxing. Not sure if I would want to play it as often as the Clannad, Narcissu, or Sound of Drop OSTs, but I would certainly listen to it again.

7 hours ago, brycec said:

Attack on Titan. A lot of people like it, but when I saw it, I did not see what was so great about it.

Good thing it was a anime I haven't seen, I might of been offended if it was. ^ _ ^ But I can certainly understand where you're coming from, Kimi No Na Wa is pretty overrated and that gets on my nerves.

AKFG

Ah, I remember the days of watching FMA and never completing it and more recently FMAB and never completing it The only song I knew back then was the one by L'Arc~en~Ciel which is weird because it's not even the first opening but I know that the other songs should not be disregarded and people highly regard Rewrite in those lists.

7.5 I like the electronic "Whoo" and the rest of the song isn't bad either, this guy was a good artist.

READY STEADY GO by L'Arc~en~Ciel. Since I brought it up.

1 hour ago, Mars Terra said:

Good thing it was a anime I haven't seen, I might of been offended if it was. ^ _ ^ But I can certainly understand where you're coming from, Kimi No Na Wa is pretty overrated and that gets on my nerves.

Ah, I remember the days of watching FMA and never completing it and more recently FMAB and never completing it The only song I knew back then was the one by L'Arc~en~Ciel which is weird because it's not even the first opening but I know that the other songs should not be disregarded and people highly regard Rewrite in those lists.

7.5 I like the electronic "Whoo" and the rest of the song isn't bad either, this guy was a good artist.

READY STEADY GO by L'Arc~en~Ciel. Since I brought it up.

On my tablet now, so I need to quote the whole thing.

Honestly, I am not surprised you found Your Name overrated, though I have yet to see it, as I think most of Shinkai’s work overrated. I just do not get why people think he is so great, when even he says that he is not as good as the person he gets compared to.

I remember the one from L’Arc, it was the first opening in the AS broadcast and I definitely liked it better than both the first and third openings. Why did you stop watching FMAB? It has its flaws, like everything before Rush Valley, where it finally is faithful with the source, but I liked it better because it seemed like the Elric brothers actually grew, whereas they never really seemed to learn anything in FMA (2003).

As for your song, 8/10. I would definitely listen to this again, and the full song itself sounds great too (I got it from iTunes).

On 11/12/2017 at 9:16 AM, brycec said:

Honestly, I am not surprised you found Your Name overrated, though I have yet to see it, as I think most of Shinkai’s work overrated. I just do not get why people think he is so great, when even he says that he is not as good as the person he gets compared to.

I remember the one from L’Arc, it was the first opening in the AS broadcast and I definitely liked it better than both the first and third openings. Why did you stop watching FMAB? It has its flaws, like everything before Rush Valley, where it finally is faithful with the source, but I liked it better because it seemed like the Elric brothers actually grew, whereas they never really seemed to learn anything in FMA (2003).

As for your song, 8/10. I would definitely listen to this again, and the full song itself sounds great too (I got it from iTunes).

I haven't seen anything else from him so I can't say too much about that, but while Kimi No Na Wa was not terrible I definitely feel like it was half-baked. There are better drama anime out there that actually have proper resolution to the problems they present.

Ah, that's why it's the only one I remember and I'm sure it was used for the ED as well ~ I was kidding, I merely put it on hiatus so I could focus on each show individually. Sorry if I caused confusion. :blush:

8.2 I only made it as far as the wall so I haven't really heard this song before. I guess people like this song for the chorus?

Hashitairo by rionos. This song goes with my avatar at the moment. = )

Edited by Mars Terra

2 hours ago, Mars Terra said:

I haven't seen anything else from him so I can't say too much about that, but while Kimi No Na Wa was not terrible I definitely feel like it was half-baked. There are better drama anime out there that actually have proper resolution to the problems they present.

Ah, that's why it's the only one I remember and I'm sure it was used for the ED as well ~ I was kidding, I merely put it on hiatus so I could focus on each show individually. Sorry if I caused confusion. :blush:

8.2 I only made it as far as the wall so I haven't really heard this song before. I guess people like this song for the chorus?

Hashitairo by rionos. This song goes with my avatar at the moment. = )

I see. That makes sense.

I do not remember Ready Steady go being anything other than an opening. Maybe that was in episode 1 on AS, because opening 1 was used as the ending to FMA (2003) on the DVDs.

8/10 for your song. Seems to be relaxing enough that I would listen again.

22 minutes ago, brycec said:

I do not remember Ready Steady go being anything other than an opening. Maybe that was in episode 1 on AS, because opening 1 was used as the ending to FMA (2003) on the DVDs.

I just don't remember any ending songs from back then, so I was thinking that they put the opening for the ending like they did with many other anime in america back in the day.

9.0 for your song. It has a build up that leads to opera singing and eventually a guitar, then it really starts to take off!

Himegoto by SiLC.

@brycec 8.5 It was a bold move making the ending song a song that would sustain your anxiety as opposed to one that would give you solace, but that just goes to show how this anime doesn't give a @#&$ about your feelings.

@SleepyLeoulf 7.7 I do think the fiddle or whatever is a unique touch, but it still has that modern sound that I'm not fond of.

Yoru no Uta by αмαиє. I randomly remembered this song today, I hope this cover will suffice.

Edited by Mars Terra