Re:Zero - Final Episode & Thoughts on The Show as a Whole

Bard

Re:Zero has come to an end(Sadly) It turned out to be a fantastic show probably one of the best in the year so far. What are your thoughts on the final episodes and are you happy with the way things turned out?

• 2 weeks later...

Overall I had mixed feelings for Re:Zero. It felt like a rollercoaster, started off interesting then got tense with Subaru reviving several times at the start due to his encounters with that first villain Elsa Granhiert (aka Bowel Hunter). Actually out of all the villains and challenges Subaru faced I still think this first encounter with that rather chilling villain was my most favourite.

elsa-granhiert-re-zero.thumb.jpg.95b9c1ca0f5720bd04a2b4f1d54fa62c.jpg

Though she never came back! She said she'd be back didn't she even after being driven off?? I really was waiting for another future encounter. :P

Then got quite depressing when Subaru sunk to extremely low self-esteem. Then there were some very uncomfortable torture scenes from Petelgeuse on Rem and Subaru. @_@

rezero-rem-2.thumb.jpg.9306f7a30bfa54024dbd84a5155d2c00.jpg

I think the biggest highlight in the series for me is when Subaru got comforted with lots of love from Rem (episode 18). Rem's voice was really angelic in that :angel: At the end of the day I found the ending not satisfying enough. Subaru's comeback to save Emilia and the showdown against Petelgeuse was pretty good. But I think it's more due to me being upset about Rem being in limbo since the White Whale incident. @_@

rezero-rem-1.thumb.jpg.2675d762b033b15ce726beaf45f299da.jpg

• Geano locked this topic