Which type of anime do you prefer?

SAO LILDOOP

Do you like watching the more realistic anime that lacks in cute voices and has more realistic art or would you rather watch anime with less realistic art and that has the cute voices and/or chibi's, or do you like the even less realistic older anime like DBZ.

Post what kind of anime you like best and why.

Pretty hard question to answer! I go through stages, but the older I get, the more I'm into Slice of Life anime. I also tend to watch a lot of real live action J-Dramas. Anime has become more and more about appreciating Japanese culture for me, which is hard to do when you're watching something like Bleach. That being said, Slice of Life tends to attract animators whose style is something like this:

orange-anime.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I like the more realistic looking Anime like Attack On Titan and Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul is also a favorite style of mine.

Eren:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7pd18SHOcXopXzA-W6JnJ_r7bTa6yPJIZhMTYd1Z_fBRIy675 Looking at Attack On Titans Animation you can see how realistic the characters look, Eren's eyes are not unrealistically large and his face/body proportioning is very realistic.

Light:

250?cb=20160609084120Once again Death Note's characters were very realistic seeing as you could easily find someone who looks like Light, his eyes are the natural size and his hair although Anime could easily be found in real life.

Ken:

books____kaneki_ken_by_hospitalforsnakes-d8ss3xb.jpg Ken Kaneki is pretty much your average high schooler, although most Anime make the eyes extra large and the hair unattainable great looking Ken is rather natural in his features and proportioning.

I do like the less realistic Anime styles like Sword Art Online too though because I've always liked the big Anime eyes that everyone finds so cute, but the Dragon Ball Z style just isn't really my thing.

I prefer realistic Anime's but Sword Art Online's style was very beautiful and also amazing.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, its Daniel. I usually prefer dark action anime shows.

Best wishes

Daniel.

Lol, your comments always make me laugh. You really don't have to say who you are since I can see who you are from your username, but it funny. Thx for making me smile, lol.

• Funny 2

Dude, to be honest, realistic anime are boring. The only way they can be interesting is if there's mystery and suspense, and it's difficult to do that right too. For example, deathnote. Deathnote nailed the art of an anime being realistic yet good. (in realistic, i'm guessing you don't mean supernatural, because deathnote has supernatural elements in it) Less realistic anime is better, only if you learn to adapt like me and just ignore the sensor in your brain telling you "this can't happen. nobody does that". You have to enjoy the show for the show.

I don't pretty much have a vague explanation of what I really like. Let's face it I'm quite an odd ball in animes. I actually don't like the cliché ones. Then again I love some cliché ones such as Nisekoi. But I'm picky. Depends on my mood I guess. But sometimes I tend to stop watching an anime just cause I'm not that entertained by it.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
I really like the psychological stuff, and horror is good too. But I've been wanting to expand on what I watch.

Only problem, I don't really watch anything at all anymore!

You should check out Attack on Titan (Horror), Death Note (Psychological), and Tokyo Ghoul (Horror) if you haven't already seen them.

• Agree 1

You should check out Attack on Titan (Horror), Death Note (Psychological), and Tokyo Ghoul (Horror) if you haven't already seen them.

I honestly wasn't that impressed with AoT. And I got quite bored of Tokyo Ghoul. Death Note wasn't bad though

• 3 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic