Tokyo ghoul hype!!

SAO LILDOOP

Recently bought Tokyo ghoul seasons and am sooper hyped to watch them! The characters look cool, and I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I was just wondering how many more seasons there could be? Just so I can prepare for the long wait.

th?&id=OIP.M8b6a33340892d953dab220337c888d84o0&w=300&h=168&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 Don't know anything about Tokyo ghoul yet other than that it is seposed to be really good, im mostly hyped for it because I think its gonna be gory and cool and a more mature type of anime.

My roommate read like 7 of the manga's so far and tells me they are really good.

• Like 1

They are great and I'm sure you will love them because, yes there is a lot of blood and gore but the characters have so much development with still an air of mystery which is quite amazing if you ask me.

It's not exactly what I was excepting, it's actually much better and I think you're going to L.O.V.E it!

Ps. I heard season 3 should be out soon but don't know exactly how many season there will be, still asking that question myself actually.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Recently bought Tokyo ghoul seasons and am sooper hyped to watch them! The characters look cool, and I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I was just wondering how many more seasons there could be? Just so I can prepare for the long wait.

59e2174f51f55_thidOIP.M8b6a33340892d953dab220337c888d84o0w300h168c0pid1.9rs0p0r0.jpg.f8386c48bc2427aed0caf384af589fdc.jpg Don't know anything about Tokyo ghoul yet other than that it is seposed to be really good, im mostly hyped for it because I think its gonna be gory and cool and a more mature type of anime.

My roommate read like 7 of the manga's so far and tells me they are really good.

I'm looking forward to watching both award-wining seasons (Neo Awards for "Best Anime" title 2015 and 2016).

• Agree 1

I think you will love it , I wont go to much in to it due to spoilers tho

and as for the blood and gore ,yes its there and may be to some full on , but I found it integrated and integral to the story and done well , not just added in for the sake of having , well fan service blood and gore

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

im not indorsing any and may be some of these don't have it or they arnt useable for your area

@Wedgy may be try

funamation

kissanime

gogoanime

crunchyroll

ryuanime

hulu

animelab

or just do a google search Tokyo ghoul watch

or are you wanting to dl rather than stream ?

Edited by Guest

This is another case of a popular anime that everyone likes, that I take some issue with. In order to explain why, I have to talk about the plot a bit, so SPOILER WARNING ahead.

As far as anime goes, it's pretty good, the concept of not being able to eat human food, the very human side of the MC and his reluctance to eat humans to survive, in concept it's fairly interesting, and the first season itself is pretty good, but I do have some issues with it. The idea of becoming a monster because a surgery you had been forced into made you one partly, is a little much to take in. There were better ways to do that. Some of the characters are annoying and just to over the top, but really, that's about the only issues I have with season 2/

My thoughts on season 2 however is basically, oh my god what a train wreck. Ken says less in this entire season than he probably said in the first episode of season 1, the pacing is all wrong and inconsistent, the direction the show is going is both unclear and obvious at the same time so it becomes confusing and characters flip-flop so suddenly it's a wonder why anyone ever bothered having conflict that didn't end up in the final few episodes. The second season needed to be 16 to 18 episodes long, because it felt like important details were left out, and characters that ended up being a huge plot point were far too minor until it was time for them to shine. That said, the animation is amazingly well done in almost every scene and I think it's worth watching just to understand how an anime should look, but not be done.

but I do have some issues with it. The idea of becoming a monster because a surgery you had been forced into made you one partly, is a little much to take in. There were better ways to do that.

Well actually ... You cannot become a ghoul from being bitten by one, (Like Vampires/werewolves) experimentation is also out of the picture because it would have been kind of strange since Kaneki's supposed to be a normal kid not somebody who was experimented on because that gives him his innocent side, cross breeding could lead to Kaneki's predicament but if that's what they went with it wouldn't have given him his human side because he would have been raised with the ghouls or at least always had the ghoul urges.

So, what do you suggest would have been a less "Over the top" way to turn Kaneki into a ghoul?

Because personally, I thought the surgery was the best way too go, the other things I listed would not have worked nearly as well.

Some of the characters are annoying and just to over the top,

I have yet to watch the Anime (I read the Mangas) so I don't know what the voice work is like, so what characters did you find annoying?

As I said before I have yet to see the actually Anime and have only read the Mangas (Up to Season 2) and since the Anime had a totally different storyline for Anime's second season I can't really say anything about that last part of your post, I do plan to watch Tokyo Ghoul soon though and hopefully Season 3 will be better for you.

@RepentantSky Just wondering if I could get some more detail on what I asked earlier, such as what characters your found annoying and what you thought would've been a better way to introduce the Ghoul gene to Kaneki other than how they did it in show.

I listed a few ways in my earlier post and explained why they wouldn't work but I'd be glad to see what you think would work better.

• Geano locked this topic