Scary video-game help

SAO LILDOOP

So I really really want to buy and play a horror video-game that would actually be scary. I don't know what game or series of horror games I should buy, if you have any recommendations please tell me.

I was thinking I would buy resident evil sometime, or maybe deadspace or silent hill? But maybe you guys know some really good horror ones I should get instead.

Silent Hill, Outlast, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is kinda creepy, Layers of Fear, resident evil, The Last of Us (not only creepy but an extremely good story one of the best games I've ever played), dead space, Montas, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, P.T ( cancelled think its still playable was going to be the new Silent hill and was extremely scary) , Soma, Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, Siren: Blood Curse

• Like 1

out of all the games I said the 4 ones I would say are the best are

The Last of Us (the story is so god damn good)

Outlast (hella creepy)

Silent Hill (creepy)

P.T (couldn't sleep for days... more than hella creepy)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard good things about Outlast (ive never played it though)

I remember being super creeper out by Silent Hill when I played one years ago.

The most recent one I've played is Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which gives you a little bit of chills.

I would recommend F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) however the graphics haven't aged terribly well (2005 game) compared to the final third instalment (2011 game).

Nice creepy supernatural horror, FPS. It mainly revolves around a really young girl with supernatural abilities that mutilates just about everything due to a cruel experiment. Very immersive and one of my most memorable game series.

IMG_2390.thumb.JPG.87673e359de78247468a8a8cfc6e5d2d.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I'll recommend 2. Firstly, Spook's House of Jumpscares is a free game on steam where you make your way through floors of monsters. At first, you only see cute cardboard cutouts jumpscare you. But soon you start getting chased by ghosts, Cthulhu like entities, aliens, etc etc, and the jumpscares get replaced with genuine scares.

Secondly, IMSCARED. IMSCARED is a 3 dollar game on steam that's extremely unique, in that it will put a folder on your PC and send you documents that are needed to progress through the game. It breaks the fourth wall to scare you, and tells a vague but interesting story. I won't say more because the less you know the better. Also, it goes on sale often. Basically, it's a meta horror game that fans of the genre owe it to themselves to play.

• Like 1