Izetta, The Last Witch - Episode 01

Stoodell

Nobody has started a thread here, so I'll start with this one since the episode stuff that the previous ones had isn't available yet.

Graphics quality is good, story is quite interesting, and the soundtrack is fitting. What is with orchestra shows and invasions? xD

With a theme that's related to World War II, you get to see spoof names of countries, spoofed out insignias, but the military equipment like the German Panzer IIIs and IVs, warplanes, and so on.

Nonetheless, the story is still starting out, so I'll hold my full judgement until then.

upload_2016-10-1_15-17-57.png.9f0110b50610be513263668e8c9028c3.png

A few things I heard about:

It has been said that the people behind this are working with Wargaming, a gaming company that developed World of Tanks and World of Warships, which are mostly World War II themed games.

• Like 2

Sounds very cool, im glad wargaming is working on these, because the stuff they make is usually really good and since there all about war type stuff im excited to see what they do with this (if I watch it) looks interesting.

• Agree 1

Sounds very cool, im glad wargaming is working on these, because the stuff they make is usually really good and since there all about war type stuff im excited to see what they do with this (if I watch it) looks interesting.

Yeah, I was caught in surprise when I saw their name in one of the Girls und Panzer credits/ending xD I think they're like the advisers or something

• Like 1

After watching the first episode I instantly thought the same thing as Bard said. I feel like it is going to be a hit or a miss.

I love the world war II theme and I also loved the art style. I liked the main character as well. I don't know what direction this series is going to go in but I am hoping in a good direction. (y)

• Agree 1

Could be good but i think this will be a hit or miss anime. We'll have to wait and see were they go from here.

After watching the first episode I instantly thought the same thing as Bard said. I feel like it is going to be a hit or a miss.

I love the world war II theme and I also loved the art style. I liked the main character as well. I don't know what direction this series is going to go in but I am hoping in a good direction. (y)

I agree with you both, the first episode didn't really leave a lot of impact on me, just a generic "rescued by a childhood hero" kind of trope. Well, at least they didn't drag it too long which would totally just drop the show's quality.

And yeah, I also hope it will have a nice and decent future (erhmm, Haifuri, erhmm)

I like the WW2 theme setting.

Also, I can think of a few people in my life who might react in a similar way upon seeing the sight of blood. :P

[MEDIA=gfycat]height=361;id=WanInsidiousHedgehog;width=640[/MEDIA]

So many questions this episode raises!

• Who is Izetta?
  • Why is she so powerful and dangerous?
  • How did she get captured?
  • What was the extent of her interactions with Princess Fine when she was younger?

izetta-the-last-witch-2.thumb.jpg.dafc3b20a4aec65847f7ee255fef214a.jpg

izetta-the-last-witch-3.thumb.jpg.b01320dfe170a4f0d2c272a1e37c2ec8.jpg

Looking forward to learning more. :)

izetta-the-last-witch-1.thumb.jpg.72bc5f1ccabd79521b4c4f210e4e7773.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So I finally got around to watching episode one and I really liked it! ^^

Izetta is really cute xP

I'm so curious as to Izetta's origins and how she got captured!

I hope this is a "Hit" anime and not a "miss" cause ep 1 was great!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Meh

I enjoyed the first ep as well and had the same questions like others

but hate to say it by middle of ep5 I had given up on it will see if I ever get around to taking it back up again

but to me the story line seemed to have gotten lost in the eps ive watched and just ended up with bad attacks Izetta defends Izetta wins back to bad attacks again in short

Edited by Guest

@Wodahs I think if you got that far you may as well finish it off.

It does pick up by the last 4 episodes because by then Izetta is in a bit of a pinch and it does add some tension with a big climatic battle.

I found this series off-putting at times because there were so many cute Izetta moments with Fine and the Royal Guard yet this clashed with the rather gory war violence and torture scenes. It just seemed to be all over the place - was it trying to be cute and funny yet serious with the war theme? @_@

• Geano locked this topic