Attack on Titan Live Action Film

SoarUponClouds

So recently I got the news that a scriptwriter named Tomohiro Machiyama (he's apparently friends with Hajime Isayama, who is the creator of Attack on Titan) will be working with Yusuke Watanabe (also a scriptwriter, he did Gantz) to create the Attack on Titan Live Action. They are going to start filming early next Summer and is predicted to be released in 2015.

What are your thoughts on it?

Interesting!

Though you can imagine you would need a decent budget for the action scenes (all those axial maneuvers) and of course animating all those Titans! Will keep an eye out on this one but won't hold my breath.

Wonder also on the story, would it be based on the TV series or be a spin off?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Digging up this old thread and changing this as Announced. Technically not anime, but due to Attack on Titan's immense popularity this does deserve its own thread so will keep it like this for now.

Some movie preview posters came out recently, and the setting looks more modern. Costumes look well done, though the lens flare is a bit... garish?

ishihara_large.jpg.b7738f4ce0845560d15e4a25509713a5.jpg

Sources:

http://kotaku.com/heres-the-attack-on-titan-movies-cast-in-costume-1660885855

http://eiga.com/news/20141120/2/

haruma_large.jpg.88efad17d3011f8a94cd24d93cc90f47.jpg

hongou_large.jpg.706d4cf26c6a9d3a3baf72774e0c8102.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's an OK live action movie, I mean it could be better but what do you expect from a cheap live action movie? I'm just happy it isn't like the Dragonball Live action movie (Dragonball: Evolution).

giphy.gif.ef58fe21e65a082b8e6070f8052e0721.gif

^Wouldn't ever watch that...

• Geano locked this topic