Do you take public transport?

Optic

Including bus/train/ferry connections, how accessible is public transport for you?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Including bus/train/ferry connections, how accessible is public transport for you?

• Great - I can get from A to B in less than an hour
    • Decent - I can get from A to B within an hour
    • Inconvenient - It takes me more than an hour to go from A to B
    • Hit and miss - my bus/train is often packed to capacity!
    • Very bad - due to infrequent services, I drive instead!

Here in Perth, unless you live in the city - it is quite inconvenient to use public transport.

The problem is, many places are spaced quite far from each other due to our love for suburbia and low density zones. :P

I myself occasionally take public transport whenever I want to go to the city. It's about a 35 minute train journey from the nearest station to the city. There is a bus connection that goes to the train station but of course that easily adds more time to the journey so I much prefer to park at the train station (it's $2 a day to park there). Total time for me would be around 45 minutes if timed well.

transperth-train.thumb.jpg.689bb13e4aa43d7cca735e892409580d.jpg

A nice photo of what our trains look like in Perth, WA.

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:brocolli:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]So do you take public transport? If so how accessible is it for you?

Are you able to get to your intended destination in less than an hour?

Edited by Guest

Where I used to live, I took transit everywhere. It was really easy to get around.

Where I live now, I don't take transit at all. Mostly because everything I need is within walking distance anyway. And anything further, my boyfriend drives us.

Well to be honest, I don't have a car yet and I still don't take the bus anywhere. If I really had to get somewhere far I would much rather walk than be cooped up in a bus with a bunch of random people. What if they have sicknesses like ebola, or maybe one of em' likes to stab people on buses? Its to crazy, id rather stay away from all that.

• Optimistic 1

Most of the time i drive when i have to go to places outside of the city but i usually take the train, trolley or bus to get around seattle. I live near the international district, chinatown and the tourism district so public transport is huge so foreigners can get around

• Winner 1

There actually is no public transportaton where I live now. It's drive or walk lol. But where I'm from originally, we had metro buses.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Before moving to Tokyo from Yamagata, it was more convenient to drive. In Tokyo, I use public transit everyday.

Back home, public transportation, like in Yamagata, isn't convenient. You drive or walk. I drive everywhere back home.

Edited by Guest

I have a bus stop at the top of my road, where buses are usually every twenty minutes (I can walk a bit further, and catch a different bus that arrives in those twenty minute intervals, forming a ten minute service with the other bus), or I can walk down my road, about 15 minutes, and get a train, although that's one every hour!

I only take public transport. The nearest bus stop is 5 minutes away from my apartment, while the train station, sitting right beside the bus stop, is only a minute further.

• 8 months later...

When I need to get somewhere on my own, I always use public transportation. I feel much safer on my feet than in a vehicle driven by me, not to mention it helps me maintain my stamina.

Edited by Guest

I have to drive to the station, but it's only 5 minutes away.

Once I'm there, it doesn't take me very long to get to my job. Other than that, I prefer to drive, since I'm a vehicle addict.

• 4 months later...