Brave Witches - Episode 1 Discussion

Ryuji

brave.thumb.png.0e9d1e90c92e11dfb4719fcebfb8c23e.png

Episode 1 was great! The animation is as beautiful as Strike Witches and the girls are just as adorable! It also has just the right amount of ecchi and doesn't go overboard with it. The OP was really beautiful too!

I'm really looking forward to episode 2!

• Like 1

59e216ff5d697_BW01.jpg.b9934ab399572c46fbff069bfafe8d0b.jpg

Finally found the time to watch it. It seems like she lives in the same place as Yoshika, Fusou. The show had a trope of "bully the little sister," but that didn't last long. Just like the first episode of Strike Witches, they immediately move on to the main plot.

59e216ff5be81_BW02.jpg.827217d3d3b834b0ef9a87358b65d16e.jpg

I like her elder sister, both personality and character design are lovely. I guess now I know some inspirations to my next OC c;

I wonder if Yoshika will meet her. And the mystery is still amidst as to why they can never wear pants xD

Cinematography is great, CGI is a bit awkward though. The food though, they pointed it out in the first and in the last scene, which was kind of amusing to see, lol

59e216ff5efe4_BW03.jpg.3b138f86580b84bef8267fea6975efcc.jpg

• Like 1

And the mystery is still amidst as to why they can never wear pants xD

My theory: The witches can't wear pants because of the tail that comes out when they use magic. Just think how uncomfortable you would be if your tail came out only to be restricted by pants. It would be so uncomfortable! xP

• Agree 1

My theory: The witches can't wear pants because of the tail that comes out when they use magic. Just think how uncomfortable you would be if your tail came out only to be restricted by pants. It would be so uncomfortable! xP

Makes a lot of sense haha, it's just weird to see their parents wearing pants/skirt while the two sisters where bloomers/swimsuit/or something xD

Makes a lot of sense haha, it's just weird to see their parents wearing pants/skirt while the two sisters where bloomers/swimsuit/or something xD

That's because the adults lose their magic and therefore, don't have to worry about restricting a tail.

It also makes for a decent fanservice gimmick xP

• Agree 1

That's because the adults lose their magic and therefore, don't have to worry about restricting a tail.

It also makes for a decent fanservice gimmick xP

Certainly true. I just hope they don't go overboard with it xD

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

im sorry , but what am I missing here brave witches ??? started watching ep 1 and so far and it basically has strike witches all over it

here I was thinking simular but its own anime , or is it actually part of/spin off of/side story of strike witches or is it its own , because if it is its seaming very plagiarised

Hey @Wodahs,

Brave Witches focuses on the 502nd regiment, whereas Strike Witches focused on the 501st.

So it's the same universe but different units. They do have a few references to the characters in Strike Witches such as newspaper articles and Hikari being from the same town that Miyafuji was from but other than that I doubt we'll ever see them meet each other directly given the nature of their deployments.

I think overall the characters are a bit cuter in Brave Witches. ;)

But a different studio animated this one and some of the CG scenes are jarring...

brave-witches4.thumb.jpg.199c9a63315a0528c8fb642c82107e37.jpg

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic