New light theme - Kanon

Optic

kanon-theme-01.thumb.jpg.02339f9bf47e6752f6b78e469ba45da8.jpg

Hello everyone,

We now have a new light theme based on the Key title, Kanon. This one has more cleaner appearance and works really well on smartphones.

As a test, this will be the default theme for 2 weeks - any feedback would greatly be appreciated!

You can change back to the other themes here if you prefer:

https://animeforums.net/community/misc/style

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Creative 1

I personally didn't like it at first, but now im actually really liking it. Im not changing back to the old one, I just have to get used to this one a little better. I don't really have any negative feedback on it other than it takes some time getting used to, but overall I like it.

• Informative 1

The style is really great on the forum listing but I think the post width are a bit too wide for my taste.

Thanks for the feedback @Stoodell. @Bard mentioned this too.

I have adjusted the width so it's not as wide, in a similar way to the previous styles. Please let me know what you think.

• Like 2

Too bright and light for me. It's hard for me to see. I've always preferred dark backgrounds.

I just have to agree

much white very brightness wow

I like the forum's layout in this theme, though....

okay, I'll be honest, those eyes are creeping me out ;-; who was in charge of drawing the charatcers for this anime? I need to have a word with them..

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Thanks for the feedback @Stoodell. @Bard mentioned this too.

I have adjusted the width so it's not as wide, in a similar way to the previous styles. Please let me know what you think.

No problem~ It looks better and more convenient now =)

(and those little avatar icons look fancy haha)

And uhmm, it seems like the other themes lost their navigation menu lolupload_2016-10-13_12-12-14.thumb.png.6dbac233566b48a1ed282c077c7fed98.png

EDIT:

> The favicons on the Gallery are borked as well

Edited by Guest

And uhmm, it seems like the other themes lost their navigation menu lol[ATTACH=full]29482[/ATTACH]

That's cause Kanon Theme is the best theme and you don't need to navigate the old themes xP

Seriously though, it appears and then disappears for me and I have partial admin access xP. Fix this @Optic. Note: This does not occur with Kanon Theme. Just thought I'd clarify.

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

Issues with Kanon Theme:

1. Bold is broken. If you click the B (which turns it pink which means it's on) and start typing it turns back grey (meaning it's off) Please note that "Issues with Kanon Theme" is NOT bold. It appears darker because the font size is larger.) Edit: Bold now appears to be working. Weird....unless Optic fixed it.

2. The Navigation Bar is not sticking (I have it set to be sticky)

3. On threads that I've posted in, it doesn't show my smaller avatar on the bottom right of the avatar of the person who created the thread. I need that to help me remember what threads I've posted in xP

I can provide a pic if you don't know what I mean.

That's all I've found so far. Optic needs to hurry up and fix my beloved Kanon theme that I made him make for me xP

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

okay, I'll be honest, those eyes are creeping me out ;-; who was in charge of drawing the charatcers for this anime? I need to have a word with them..

KyoAni (Kyoto Animaton) though they're the typical Key VisualArt style. Clannad has similar eyes. ;)

And uhmm, it seems like the other themes lost their navigation menu lol

Should be fixed now. :)

> The favicons on the Gallery are borked as well

Can you check again now? Is it happening on the older or new style?

• Useful 1

2. The Navigation Bar is not sticking (I have it set to be sticky)

Ah... those options in the Preferences actually belong to the older themes... on this new one I decided to disable sticky navbar and sidebar to improve the mobile experience.

3. On threads that I've posted in, it doesn't show my smaller avatar on the bottom right of the avatar of the person who created the thread. I need that to help me remember what threads I've posted in xP

This is not included in this new framework but will look at re-adding it.

Edited by Guest

Hello, yes, I personally like this new theme and I think its good to have an alternate light theme for the users who like light backgrounds more. I wouldn't exactly say its my favorite yet since I was so used to the default theme before this one, but I think its pretty good and well done. Thanks for making the new theme, Optic. :)

Should be fixed now. :)

Awesome!

Can you check again now? Is it happening on the older or new style?

It's currently happening on the new style (forgot to mention that part xD).

EDIT: Woops, I mean font awesome icons. This is what I get for getting out of the coding business for several months xD

upload_2016-10-14_7-35-47.thumb.png.f48b5a69716dc44838bf1527cbb844bd.png

Edited by Guest

Ah... those options in the Preferences actually belong to the older themes... on this new one I decided to disable sticky navbar and sidebar to improve the mobile experience.

Would it be possible to enable it and have the default set to off so those of us who like it can use it?

This is not included in this new framework but will look at re-adding it.

I would appreciate this greatly!