Coffee or Tea?

Optic

Which do you drink more?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you drink more?

• Coffee
    • Tea

• 1 month later...

I've slowly been getting into hot Green Tea but I have a question! How long do you usually leave the boiled kettle for it to cool down enough so it doesn't burn the tea leaves/bag ? The packaging recommends 80 degrees Celsius... maybe better to interrupt the kettle just before it boils? :P

<-- Tea newbie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ew I just saw the photo of that bubble tea drink. I have been able to love most Asian meals/drinks but never bubble tea... never liked the jelly bits in there.

Weirdly enough I have been drinking tea lately this is because my boyfriend loves it so much and we also went to the MasterChef pop up restaurant where they gave us free samples of Lipton's new tea flavours. They are lovely and I think I like them because they're fruity. Today I also received a package that contained some Dutch tea from fellow AN member, NightDancer. They smell so fruity I can't wait to try some :)

• Like 2

Yeah Dutch tea is mainly about fruity teas! I have tried many tea brands but that one stays my favourite because it contains real fresh fruit and such. =)

I used to love Starbucks coffee but lately I can't even finish a "tall" size one because it really fills your tummy O.o

I used to drink green or black iced tea daily! :) I love the flavor of tea, even when it is unsweetened. All coursework this semester has forced me to start using coffee, but I just can't get into it. I burned my tongue trying my very first coffee drink. :( Even worse, it has minimal to no effect on me. I'm slowly starting to believe I'm immune to caffeine. :D

Yeah Dutch tea is mainly about fruity teas! I have tried many tea brands but that one stays my favourite because it contains real fresh fruit and such. =)

I need to try some of these! They sound refreshing and delicious!

• Like 1

It's of the brand Pickwick! Don't know where you live but in some countries you can buy it =D

Actually I grew up on Pickwick tea. Always had whole kettles of it at home. I kinda stopped drinking tea since I moved out though.

• 3 years later...
On 07/11/2013 at 2:47 PM, Optic said:

I've slowly been getting into hot Green Tea but I have a question! How long do you usually leave the boiled kettle for it to cool down enough so it doesn't burn the tea leaves/bag ? The packaging recommends 80 degrees Celsius... maybe better to interrupt the kettle just before it boils? :P

<-- Tea newbie

I usually poor it directly after it boils, but only half way. Then I add cold water until its the right temperature for my mood. Of its a hot day, I would make it cooler, and a cold day I would make it warmer by adding a healthy mix of more boiling water.

I have never had a problem with burning the tea leaves this way, but maybe other brands would fare differently? I'm not totally sure :/

Maybe get a tea expert in... Anyone a tea expert?

I like to have black coffee as I relax before the day starts.

But I definitely drink more tea then coffee. My favorites would have to include Matcha Green Tea, it tastes like spinach if only as a faint aftertaste and that's possibly my favorite vegetable. I also like Oolong with a hint of milk. There's also White Tea...it's been a while since I had that one, I'll have to look into getting some more.

can I submit more votes for coffee as I drink so much of it so much so I had a fully integrated coffee unit in built in to my kitchen and even seem to drink more of it since totally giving away alcohol a few years ago so now I suppose ive become a coffee'olic

• 3 months later...

I am a total coffee snob. I am very picky on the quality of my coffee beans and preparation maker. While ideally, I would roast my own beans I don't have the money for a nice coffee roaster, so my current favorite are medium roasted (freshly roasted) whole beans from Whole Foods, which I then prepare in an Italian moka pot.

The rest of my family doesn't tend to like coffee and they are tea snobs, and while I can enjoy a nice cup of tea from time to time, I don't tend to care for it. However, living in the south I do always enjoy a glass of iced tea. And for a while last year, until I had to go on a diet, I was enjoying homemade masala chai lattes with freshly ground spices in them daily. Those were divine.

I tried drinking tea once and it was particularly Chai Tea. I was in the counter and for once I thought maybe I should try some tea since my so called I'm-an-adult-now-so-I-should-drink-tea self kicked in. While I was waiting for my change I took a sip and goodness gracious I almost spit the whole sip at the counter lady. It was bitter and sooo I decided. No tea for me xD 

14 hours ago, RyePotatoes said:

I tried drinking tea once and it was particularly Chai Tea. I was in the counter and for once I thought maybe I should try some tea since my so called I'm-an-adult-now-so-I-should-drink-tea self kicked in. While I was waiting for my change I took a sip and goodness gracious I almost spit the whole sip at the counter lady. It was bitter and sooo I decided. No tea for me xD 

I had the same problem with star-thatcoffeplacethatshallnotbenamed-bucks.  Ugh.  I don't know how people drink that stuff.  The only way I can tolerate it is if I add tons of sugar, cream, salt, caramel syrup, and everything else to kill the bitter "coffee" taste.  Of course then it costs $$.  Not to mention adds about 300 calories/sip.  (And there's my girlish figure to consider.*) 

But there's other coffees I can tolerate, even enjoy, even though I don't care for coffee in general.   With both beverages the trick is to find something you like and go with that.  It may take a while with tea.  One reason I prefer tea is because there is so much variety.  Breakfast teas, oolong, herbal, "chai" (usually meaning spiced tea, of which I'm not a fan either btw), matcha, rooibos, green, black, white, yellow...

(*not really.  :D )

• Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic