Asuka Tanaka of Hibike! Euphonium

kamenrideranime

It may just be me, but I really don't like Asuka. She feels emotionally stale, really just being upbeat, with very real thoughts on things. I may have just described something good, but my problem comes when that is the only thing ever forever. And it seems like the anime itself is saying,"Don't worry! She has emotion, but its masked behind her facade, what could she really be thinking?" I'll be the first to say Asuka is great and Amazing or whatever, but just after I really find out if she's actually a character with emotions and feelings, not just some happy fish floating in a river until the river stops.

• Agree 1

Agreed.

Second season in and we STILL don't know what truly is going through Asuka's mind and whether she is being malicious or genuine.

I dare not look at the light novels. :P

asuka-tanaka-sound-euphonium.thumb.jpg.e427f0aee3ce139bd3888029d849a331.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to update this. after the recent ep. 7 we get some more reason to like Asuka, and this anime is making me fall for it. She still really won't show true emotions, but maybe that's the point. maybe Ayano Takeda just wants us to know that she has her own problems, shes fighting her own demons, and this anime doesn't need to show those demons to make her a good character.

• Geano locked this topic