Do you own a dishwasher?

Optic

Do you own a dishwasher?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a dishwasher?

• Yes, and I use it regularly!
    • Yes... but don't really use it.
    • No, but I want one!!
    • No, I can't see myself using it at all.

Does your household/unit/apartment have a dishwasher? :)

We don't have one but having used one before in our old house I would love to have one again. Really convenient especially for those big dinners...

How about you?

My parents always had one until the last house (before I moved out) so that was something different for everyone haha. There was already a dishwasher in my house! I felt so happy and lucky that the previous owners left it without charging us much. We had to pay them 300 euros for the floor, dishwasher, 2 shelfs, planks in the garage and the food storage room, extra locks on the window and doors. Gosh that was really cheap for us and saved us a lot of money.

I'm really happy with my dishwasher, you just put the dirty dishes in there and you don't have a sink that is full with that. It seems cleaner and the smell doesn't spread around plus it saves you a lot of time =)

We also have a dishwasher in our apartment but it died 3 years ago and since we didn't replace it I guess no one really cares :P When the dishwasher was still working I really hated when I had to put the dishes in or out ... somehow I like washing dishes more than putting them in the dishwasher, haha :Đ but ofc it's more practical if you have a big dinners and stuff like that :D

I have never had a dishwasher so I have never really used one before. My uncle and auntie have one though. They didn't realise that you are meant to rinse the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher. When my nana rinsed off their plates and put them in the dishwasher, they said "What is the point of owning a dishwasher if you do that?" Then their dishwasher broke down and the guy who fixed it asked whether or not they had rinsed their plates, glasses ect before putting them in the dishwasher. Lol I think they learned their lesson.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jupiter

Thread revival

Yes. My wife and I have a dishwasher at our house and it comes in handy on a day to day basis.

We did live in a house for 5 years together that didn't have a dish washer, so I'm pretty use to washing them by hand if needed.

Ooh I completely forgot I made this thread. >_<

Well I'm in a new house now but as I only live with my brother now we don't use nowhere near enough dishes to warrant a dishwasher for daily use. So hand washing it is.

For families it's definitely good to have.

Ohh yes, it would make our lives so much easier. But no, I don't have one. lol My parents stick to the traditional sink. Guess it's just too expensive for them to afford another appliance.

• 3 months later...

We do have a dishwasher....oh,that holy machine!!! I've lived with it for more than ten years (it hasn't broken down once!!) and I could never imagine my life without it....If I was leaving alone, I wouldn't have a problem washing the dishes myself (it's actually kinda fun if you don't have a ton to wash) but we're four people in here....I love it!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hand washing? What's this hand washing you speak of? Just kidding, but I mostly use a dishwasher once every 2-3 days. I rarely hand wash, unless it's in the summer when I go camping then in that case it's every meal of the day.

Edited by Guest

I have one but it doesn't work. For the passed year I have told myself I was going to rip it out and fix it but never do. I really don't mind washing dishes by hand. I enjoy it actually. xD

SAME HAPPENED TO ME. We've had a dishwasher here for 10+ years but it just broke down like 4 years ago because of our "hard water" system got too much buildup in it, and it's never worked since. I don't even know what it's like to use one anymore cause all I do is handwash haha.

• 5 weeks later...