12 new themes!

Optic

Hello everyone,

Hope you're doing well!

It's been a little while since we've had a major update - this was caused by many events in my personal life. I had been job seeking for several months, then found a new job 3 weeks ago and am finally settling into a normal routine again.

So I got the color palette and wheel out and decided to do a major revamp of all the darker themes to make them more vibrant. I also took the opportunity to create some new themes, resulting in 12 new themes! Don't worry they're not all HDN ones. :P

Anime Forums Planetarian ( new default! )

Using a revised colour palette from the Planeptune theme, this features the adorable robot, Yumemi Hoshino from the anime adapatation of Key title: Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet. Featuring vibrant purples, subtle greys and an accent of blue, this may even compel you to visit your nearest Planetarium!

anime-forums-planetarian.thumb.jpg.2979e7e0515ec21a5864d8c6d8eb574a.jpg

Anime Forums Hatsune Miku (KEI)

Using a revised colour palette from the GITS: SAC theme, this is our very first Vocaloid theme, featuring Hatsune Miku! This is the illustration of Hatsune Miku by KEI which was also featured on the cover of the PS4 game: Hatsune Miku Project Diva X. A damn good and cute rhythm game, this got me hooked onto Vocaloids. ;)

anime-forums-hatsune-miku.thumb.jpg.9447c3548488d466c1a5eb89d6825b7d.jpg

Anime Forums Ordinal Scale

Our first Sword Art Online theme, featuring a key visual for the upcoming Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale movie! This is using a series of vibrant greens.

anime-forums-sword-art-online-ordinal-scale.thumb.jpg.a0e587aaacbe6ea521130fab32b2e9de.jpg

Anime Forums Attack on Titan

Our first brown theme, this features the characters from Attack on Titan.

anime-forums-attack-on-titan.thumb.jpg.d120e6becfbb77646fa3181ead46ea3e.jpg

Anime Forums Aokana

Our first pink theme, this features the characters from Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue.

anime-forums-aokana.thumb.jpg.1718e4db39112aed0b8a8a7f2eb02253.jpg

Anime Forums Megadimension Neptunia VII

A red theme based on Uzume and Neptune from the PS4 game.

anime-forums-megadimension-neptunia-vii.thumb.jpg.da6cffbb534db91e07c39c499fd5389b.jpg

Anime Forums Puella Magi Madoka Magica

A darker theme based on the characters from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

anime-forums-puella-magi-madoka-amgica.thumb.jpg.4d59199dc05c417fc6b73d5b6511e3de.jpg

The rest are variations using the above colour palettes:

Anime Forums Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

anime-forums-mobile-suit-gundam-seed.thumb.jpg.2fbbc7f10df478a858ea62147322e36e.jpg

Anime Forums HDN: CPU Candidates

anime-forums-cpu-candidates.thumb.jpg.36d542f432d183960dc234e7f641a356.jpg

Anime Forums Sailor Moon Crystal

anime-forums-sailor-moon-crystal.thumb.jpg.838cbb96953a6bfbe13c8478d6ed0f87.jpg

Anime Forums Sailor Moon Classic

anime-forums-sailor-moon-classic.thumb.jpg.685cf669062482a720fbc5f6db74848e.jpg

Anime Forums Ultimate Madoka and Homura

anime-forums-ultimate-madoka-homura.thumb.jpg.4105019c5c8c58d3cb8f6513faa1805a.jpg

Technical fixes:

• Background images on iOS and Android devices should no longer "jump" when scrolling down the page. This issue is caused by the address bar hiding on page load, and then reappearing when you scrolled down on both iOS and Android browsers. I've implemented a workaround that should resolve this. Special thanks to @Kohloo for helping to smash this issue together!

• Fixed alignment from left to center for member group/rank titles on forum posts and conversation messages.

• Fixed NEW indicator being misaligned when viewing new posts and conversation messages.

• Padding adjusted on all pages for consistency. Poll blocks also stretched to full width.

To change themes click the theme on the lower left corner of the page or click here to go to the Theme Chooser. As usual any feedback would greatly be appreciated! Hopefully you'll find a theme you like!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Quick question: why did you get red of the original neptunia background of the city?

That was the only background I liked :P

Edited by Guest

Quick question: why did you get red of the original neptunia background of the city?

I've readded Planeptune using the new purple colour palette. I was originally going to do a whole new version of it featuring Neptune in her HDD form (similar to Lastation) but I do see your point with the Planeptune city background. :)

Edited by Guest

All over this Sailor Moon theme. Ugh, so good <3

I like sailor moon. I like pink. Total win-win <3

I am currently using this theme on mobile and I agree, it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it on my computer xD

Edited by Guest
  • Friendly 1

I really like the Crystal one as well! Classic is what I'm all about though :)

I have not tried the crystal theme yet! I am enjoying all the pinks of this Classic theme. <3

It's funny because I was going to suggest some Sailor Moon themes but @Optic did it anyway and I am happy with the variety of themes now!

Mecha theme?!? Super happy!

• Friendly 1

Gorgeous.

These are absolutely stunning in terms of design and making the site overall easily recognizable. The only peeve I have is the transparency is an issue in terms of distraction and readability. It's not so hard that I have to squint to read, but I do have to focus more on the post (I suppose it could be a plus for guests) to absorb it properly. That's the only thing, though.

It's got a good style, however. Keep up the good work, fams.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1