Azumanga Daioh

Kohloo

Azumanga-Daioh-Header.jpg.54c656f6d903aebfb034a870aa9b7faa.jpg

Azumanga Daioh is about high school life through the eyes of six girls with unusual personalities: Chiyo (the 10-year-old genius), Osaka (the resident airhead), Sakaki (the shy one prone to cat bites), Tomo (the loose cannon), Yomi (the short-tempered one) and Kagura (the resident jock).

Original Run: Apr 9, 2002 - Oct 1, 2002

Genre: comedy, school, slice of life

[spoiler=trailer]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOC69fnP-Y0

[spoiler=opening]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Et8Qfikh7w

• Winner 3

[ATTACH=full]29863[/ATTACH]

Azumanga Daioh is about high school life through the eyes of six girls with unusual personalities: Chiyo (the 10-year-old genius), Osaka (the resident airhead), Sakaki (the shy one prone to cat bites), Tomo (the loose cannon), Yomi (the short-tempered one) and Kagura (the resident jock).

Original Run: Apr 9, 2002 - Oct 1, 2002

Genre: comedy, school, slice of life

[spoiler=trailer]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOC69fnP-Y0

[spoiler=opening]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Et8Qfikh7w

I seriously completely forgot all about this series! It was one of my favorites. it's so insane xD lol Yet somehow relatable to my life LOL

• Friendly 1

I seriously completely forgot all about this series! It was one of my favorites. it's so insane xD lol Yet somehow relatable to my life LOL

Oh yeah! I love it. I first discovered it way back in high school when a friend lent me the manga.

And by lent, I mean he threw it at me (literally) and told me to read it. Lmao

• Like 2

Oh yeah! I love it. I first discovered it way back in high school when a friend lent me the manga.

And by lent, I mean he threw it at me (literally) and told me to read it. Lmao

I was in high school also when I first came upon it~ I watched the anime in our anime club group. We would have sleepovers and one night we binge watched it. lol

It was honestly great. I really like weird anime though. xP

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

• 6 months later...

This anime, I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot the first time I watched it. Or the second. Or the third. Or the fourth, with @Cy~ . It's too damn good, to say the absolute least, and I wish there were more shows like it.

Sakaki is my waifu.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

This anime, I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot the first time I watched it. Or the second. Or the third. Or the fourth, with @Cy~ . It's too damn good, to say the absolute least, and I wish there were more shows like it.

Sakaki is my waifu.

Omg I love this show so much. The manga is just as good haha

• Friendly 1

I love this show! I watched it in High School, too. Only one of my friends watched it with me. I had a hard time convincing anyone else to watch it. It's so cute and crazy though! A great anime to relax and laugh to.

• Friendly 2

I'm actually really fond of this anime. It was my first ever "high school slice of life" anime, and it set the bar so high that I think I have been unfairly harsh to everything else that I've watched in the same genre. :?

The characters were delightful, there was actual character development, the music was fun and whimsical, and the humor was right on point. Actually, the humor was sometimes life threatening. I was literally in pain, at many points when watching this anime. IN PAIN! :o

My favorite character is Osaka. She reminds me of myself but just way more laid back.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

58b143ea2ce90aa9c7a8c95d78fe3957.thumb.jpg.b685bb7316cd9677b8274eba31573b23.jpg

Kagura is my favorite. Aside from being the sporty tomboy of the group (my favorite kind of girl), she's just so energetic and lively. I also like that despite her rough and "shouty" exterior, she has a soft and cute inner-side. I remember when she thought she had hurt one of the other girls' feelings and she started sobbing in the corner. So cute. <3 Actually, that sums up why I like tomboys in general... energetic exterior, soft inside.

I also feel like Kagura doesn't get enough love. Most of the other girls get all the attention... <_<

A-5095877-1465610851-9828.jpe.729fa52ca69a11209605b69c3035fcd7.jpe

My other favorite is Minamo. There's something about her being the "straight man" of this comedy group that made me love her a lot. Also, her cute sideburns. Also, she acts like one of those tough and cool-headed teachers who would do anything to protect her students. If this was Corpse Party or a horror anime, she would be a badass.

• Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much the first anime my brother and I watched together as teenies!

Also the first one dad thought was 'suss as' lmao

It was rated MA on the box set for some strange reason too lol

I've seen the whole series like 6 times I think.

• Geano locked this topic