FLCL

Kohloo

anm_flcl_banner2.jpg.0fb30e2aed4f2dcf0ae0191da88895ff.jpg

Nothing interesting happens in Naota's life since his brother left for America, leaving him with his grandfather and father in their boring little town. On his way home with Mamimi—his brother's ex-girlfriend—a pink-haired, crazy woman riding a Vespa named Haruko suddenly slams into him, kisses him, and then bashes him in the head with her guitar before riding off. The next thing he knows, the crazy girl is working as his housekeeper, two robots sprout from his forehead to do battle, and the surviving one starts living with him as well. I think it's fair to say that Naota has parted ways with his old mundane life.

Original Run: Apr 26, 2000 - Mar 16, 2001

Genre: action, comedy, dementia, mecha, parody, sci-fi

[spoiler=trailer]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Gz5XXgGhw

as foolish as it was I enjoyed it

[spoiler=and yes spoiler]and yes as the ending of ep6 stated/showed I did try to find the ep7 not realising its a trap I mean a joke :P:D

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

as foolish as it was I enjoyed it

[spoiler=and yes spoiler]and yes as the ending of ep6 stated/showed I did try to find the ep7 not realising its a trap I mean a joke :P:D

It's one of those really silly anime that is still pretty enjoyable eh? Haha I like it

• Like 1

This is how I truly feel about FLCL:

I watched this series when I was probably around 12-13. And while I fully enjoyed it, I feel like I could not appreciate it for what it was during that time period of my life. It's one of those insane series that you watch the first time and go "...what?" and then rewatch and it makes total sense. Kind of like watching Paprika for the first time lol~

I rewatched this one a few years later and as insane as it was, it made complete sense to me. Now, this could be either because my maturity level was different, or that I literally lost some of my sanity, and insanity made more sense than sanity. :D

I would also like to take this time to comment on how truly different anime was during this time period. What happened to anime series like this one? Is it because I'm getting older, or have series just lost their luster? @_@ I really try to get into these newer series, but I can't stop reminding myself of all the reasons I got into anime in the first place~ Series like this were totally the reason.

I'd also like to take this time to say that Haruko is totally waifu material~

Her on that vespa, totally gets my gears going. ;)

35632adf96c0fc27f91c3c5bbdbcda8d.thumb.jpg.72c38660500213e6c5e1b50d9e04506a.jpg

• Winner 1

• Geano locked this topic