The Random Facts Thread

Wodahs

lets try this one then and see if it gets of the ground

do you know a weird or random fact , and want to share it

well this is the thread for you

feel free to post any weird or random fact , but there is one condition it must be pg rated not 18+ so lets at least keep it clean

lawyers are a strange lot

1. Canadian lawyer Garry Hoy amazingly died in Toronto while trying to prove that the glass in the windows of a 24th floor office was unbreakable, by throwing himself against it , an act he had done twice before. It didn’t break but it did pop out of its frame and he plunged to his death.
  2. Clement Vallandigham, a 19th century US lawyer, accidentally shot himself dead while defending a murder suspect because he was trying to demonstrate that a supposed victim could have accidentally shot himself dead. He died but proved the point leading to his client’s was acquittal

whilst on lawyers

I accidentally broke a mirror a few days back and whilst I was settling in for seven years bad luck , I happened to mention it to a friend (who happens to be a lawyer) and well , he recons he can get it reduced to 3 years for me !!

arnt they fantastic :P (ps this one is no random or weird fact but for fun)

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

been a while since last so heres todays

Mary Ward was a pioneering Irish female scientist who is sadly better known as the first person in history to ever be killed in a car accident – while driving with her family in their experimental “road locomotive steam engine”.

If you’re a genealogist and/or fan of the BBC TV programme Dr Who, you might be interested to know that Mary Ward is the great-grandmother of the English actress, Lalla Ward, who played the part of Romana.

Edited by Guest

ok haven't had one of these in a while so here is an odd one

Sigurd the Mighty, a ninth-century Norse earl of Orkney, was killed by an enemy he had beheaded several hours earlier. He’d tied the man’s head to his horse’s saddle, but while riding home one of its protruding teeth grazed his leg. He died from the infection.

Did you know that high heels were designed for men?

Victorian men would wear high heels as a sign of fashion and dominance, and they were highly prized amongst men. That is, until the trend of woman wearing men's clothing, where the transition of heels on men to heels on women began.

ok as most of you enter in to a white Christmas

and Optic me and a few others enter in to a hot summer Christmas here in Australia

(also the fact that its late Friday afternoon here going on weekend)

todays fact revolves around us in Australia oh and summer

Australia has over 10,000 beaches. You could visit a new beach everyday for over 27 years!

• 2 weeks later...

ok I haven't posted one of these for a while so ill add this one

The reason the taste of artificial banana flavouring and artificial banana flavoured products doesn’t taste like bananas is because it is based on a type of banana that was wiped out by a plague in the 1950’s.

The fact that about HALF of all humans who have ever lived

There are about 93 billion human skeletons underneath you.

Gotta love this guy... :3

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/23lun8/i_am_michael_stevens_of_vsauce_on_youtube_ama

Edited by Guest

A 45 year old man from Brazil, João Maria de Souza, was killed when a cow fell through his roof while he was asleep and crushed him. Both his wife who was sleeping next to him and he cow were unharmed...

So next time I warn you to avoid cows, you may want to follow that advice, you don't know what might happen...