Sword Art Online II - General Discussion

Optic

On the bright side though it's nice to see Asuna getting more focus again. ^_^

I wish that they put even more emphasis on Asuna and Kirito. Honestly, after the Sword Art Online arc, SAO has handled characters VERY poorly. Asuna and Kirito should be the main characters where everyone else is just a side character, but even now they are still acting like everyone else is a main character as well.

I finished GGO arc now; but I still think the pacing is absolutely horrid; like wtf. I didn't have this problem with original SAO. Overall; I liked this a lot better the P2 SAO but it's still not quite as good as Part 1. Plus Kirito is still a mary sue which kind of sucks.

Episode 19

Finally, Asuna gets developed as a character, this is probably the best episode since the SAO arc, imo.

Yes. I know; this was a great episode; really loved it. Hopefully later episodes have characters developing aswell.

• Agree 1

Episode 19 thoughts:

I agree this was a great episode for three reasons.

1. As @drill mentioned, we learn a lot about Asuna. We finally see what her life is like back home with her mother, post-SAO. And it's not all moonlight and roses with her mother around, that's for sure.

2. Asuna's thoughts about Kriito. Yes their love is obvious, but I suspect Asuna + Kirito remains a very big reason why SAO is popular. And anything that potentially threatens their relationship can only make it stronger right?

3. Seeing Asuna in a 1 vs 1 combat situation and being almost backed to a corner again actually bought back some tension, even if it was a duel. We haven't seen her fight so hard and ferociously since... ...... the first SAO arc!

Be interesting to learn more about this Zekken character. She's awfully cheerful!

sword-art-online-zekken-asuna.thumb.jpg.d27021789524f22fa4d03d7eb86864a4.jpg

Episode 21

Not nearly as good as I thought it could be. Also, Kirito and Klein lost? Nonsense.

Despite that, combat scenes were great. Seeing Asuna as a badass again was awesome. ^_^

Now what could the mystery be behind Yuuki/Zekken...?

I knoiw the Person who created Sword Art Online! I talked to him on Twitch.tv!!

Reki Kawahara? There's an interesting written interview on ANN about him. He was impressed that western audiences really enjoyed SAO in general. I remember in Japan, SAO merchandise was really popular there...

[spoiler=Episode 22]

Something bothered me about this episode. How the heck did Kirito track down Yuuki in that clinic? He must have phenomenal connections.

Whilst I find Yuuki/Zekken's story along with the other terminally ill party members sad and touching, it didn't have much impact for me. Felt out of place for SAO.

Hope we see more of the old crew again next time.

Something bothered me about this episode. How the heck did Kirito track down Yuuki in that clinic? He must have phenomenal connections.

Whilst I find Yuuki/Zekken's story along with the other terminally ill party members sad and touching, it didn't have much impact for me. Felt out of place for SAO.

Hope we see more of the old crew again next time.

Yeah, I guess the thing with Kirito was kinda weird, but they just wanted a quick solution so then they could focus on the rest of the episode. I'm just glad that they are wrapping up the mother rosario arc, so then season three with be the underworld arc. I will have to agree with you though, the Yuuki story seemed sad, but too out of place. If that happened with one of the normal members though, that would be pretty sad.

[spoiler=Episode 23]I was really surprised to see how well they ended this arc, at least I assume its over, and episode 24 will just be a filler or something. Also, glad they put the focus back on Asuna rather than Yuuki, now they just need to have an arc with Klein :)

A bit better than expected, but really slow.

They stretched out Yuuki's death sooo long, the entirety of this episode could have been done in half the length. Although, it is nice to see Kirito have more character development than just getting stronger.

• Agree 1

I'm glad that arc is over, overall was way too melodramatic for my liking.

At least Asuna got some much deserved screen-time within SAO II, as I was afraid she was just going to be a spectator throughout the GGO arc.

• Geano locked this topic