Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler DS Game

Phantom

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all!

In 2009 Black Butler got it's own DS Game! It's a completely original story written by Yana Toboso featuring two new characters. The game is set in Brighton and allows players to control either Ciel or Sebastian to unravel a thrilling case in a choose-your-own-adventure style game. In other words; it's a MUST play for any fan of the series!

[ATTACH=full]30070[/ATTACH]

However, most of us are not able to play it, that is, because the game was only released in Japanese, and no attempts have ever been made to localise it.. Until now.

I'm part of a team hoping to create an English Patch for the game, but we need your help! We're looking to recruit more translators, proofreaders, formatters & others to help out. Please check out our blog for more info.

You can get in contact with me through this forum, our tumblr, or by emailing [email protected]

Please consider helping out, or just helping us to spread the word about this project!

Thanks for reading :blush:

This is really interesting! I really enjoyed this series and I think it would be fun to play ^_^

I am not a translator, but if I come across anyone who is willing to help out, I will send them your way.

I also with you the best of luck!

Hello all!

In 2009 Black Butler got it's own DS Game! It's a completely original story written by Yana Toboso featuring two new characters. The game is set in Brighton and allows players to control either Ciel or Sebastian to unravel a thrilling case in a choose-your-own-adventure style game. In other words; it's a MUST play for any fan of the series!

[ATTACH=full]30070[/ATTACH]

However, most of us are not able to play it, that is, because the game was only released in Japanese, and no attempts have ever been made to localise it.. Until now.

I'm part of a team hoping to create an English Patch for the game, but we need your help! We're looking to recruit more translators, proofreaders, formatters & others to help out. Please check out our blog for more info.

You can get in contact with me through this forum, our tumblr, or by emailing [email protected]

Please consider helping out, or just helping us to spread the word about this project!

Thanks for reading :blush:

The DS, like the original Gameboy is region free. You can probably import it.

The DS, like the original Gameboy is region free. You can probably import it.

Indeed you can, and it's not even that expensive! ^_^ But if you can't read Japanese, it won't be much fun. Our English patch will hopefully be playable on a DS using a flash cart so players can get the full experience. We encourage people who want to play the game to buy a copy, since just downloading a ROM is illegal.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

tumblr_oz9ac7VkpR1vkacpbo1_400.png

This project is officially 1 year old today! We're over halfway through translation of Sebastian's route, and nearly a quarter of the way there for Ciel. 

We're still open for volunteers and we love having new members, so please consider getting involved by sending me a message on tumblr, or emailing phantomghosttranslations (@) gmail.com. I hope we can make the dream of releasing an English patch for this game a reality!

Thank you for your time :D

• 1 year later...

After over 2 years of hard work I’m delighted to announce that the Black Butler: Phantom & Ghost English Patch has been released! It is fully playable and includes translations for the main storyline and all of the bonus content.

tumblr_inline_pnbystx5t11uz8t9f_500.jpg

Check out the trailer for a preview of what’s in-store, and grab the download from our blog!

If you have questions or come across any issues, please direct them there, or email [email protected]

We hope you enjoy!!

• Like 1

Never played it, but it dose look pretty dope from what I see here. I guess this just went under the radar for me since on DS I mostly payed attention to on there was Pokemon, Phoenix Write, and Professor Latin. Though certainly something to look into especially because it has its own original plot.

• Cute (Kawaii) 1