The last thing you ate/drank

Optic

Chicken nuggets, heated up with a toaster oven. It's a lot less delicious than it sounds. There's barely any oil in it, so any juicy texture resembling McDonald's nuggets doesn't exist. It's stale meat. Ugh.

• Like 1

Chicken nuggets, heated up with a toaster oven. It's a lot less delicious than it sounds. There's barely any oil in it, so any juicy texture resembling McDonald's nuggets doesn't exist. It's stale meat. Ugh.

Ugh, wrinkly nuggets >.<

Maybe if you brush some oil on them beforehand?

• Like 1

Ugh, wrinkly nuggets >.<

Maybe if you brush some oil on them beforehand?

I don't know. I'm not really good at cooking, and the whole process is just "put nuggets in toaster oven, turn a dial, and cook", so I don't know if adding combustible oil in an oven is such a good idea... lol That said, I really need to get a proper microwave oven someday, so I can heat up some REAL meals. I know you can cook much tastier meals with a microwave as opposed to a toaster oven, which is more limited in its capability.

I don't know. I'm not really good at cooking, and the whole process is just "put nuggets in toaster oven, turn a dial, and cook", so I don't know if adding combustible oil in an oven is such a good idea... lol That said, I really need to get a proper microwave oven someday, so I can heat up some REAL meals. I know you can cook much tastier meals with a microwave as opposed to a toaster oven, which is more limited in its capability.

Sure you can! I make grilled mushrooms in my oven all the time, and they are always practically swimming in it. (Probably not the healthiest thing in the world to do)

Just from heating the oil inside the oven, you won't set it on fire. If your oven is hot enough to ignite the oil, then your nuggets will have been burnt a long time ago :P

• Like 1

Sure you can! I make grilled mushrooms in my oven all the time, and they are always practically swimming in it. (Probably not the healthiest thing in the world to do)

Just from heating the oil inside the oven, you won't set it on fire. If your oven is hot enough to ignite the oil, then your nuggets will have been burnt a long time ago :P

Hm, I'll give it a try some time. Thanks for the tip. :)

• Winner 1

Dinner last night was an extravagant, opulent affair... the food I prepared was painstakingly crafted from naught but fresh, raw, unprocessed ingredients that came together in a beautiful melody of flavor, the likes of which this world has never before witnessed.

For far too long, I have toiled away in experimentation, seeking desperately to find and prepare the perfect dish. Last night, I succeeded.

chef-boyardee-ravioli-ingredients-decoding-labels.jpg.260b17b40cd4162f5e3bb77102b15bc9.jpg

Actually, I was just feeling particularly lazy after two days of fairly rough hiking. I'll get back to fancy cooking shortly. :D

• Funny 1

Like I said before, there's nothing much to eat in the morning where I live, so I had to get creative. I took two Gardenia butter bun rolls and added some cheese, some Korean corn-flavored biscuits, and some green-colored Kueh Bangkit that Chinese normally eat during the Lunar New Year, and mixed them all together. I swallowed the first one too fast to get any flavor, but the second one tasted rather good. I could taste the corn and the coconut flavors all blending together with the cheese. It's... delicious.

Too bad there were only two buns. :/

• Like 1

The classic Asian food: the 'one-ton' noodles!

wonton-noodles-asian-wanton-meat-pork-shrimp-dumpl.jpg.19adfe55a9290d4f3ab8d3cd6b6161a0.jpg

Can't find a good picture showing the wanton, so the above will have to do. Mine (and most wanton noodles) comes with barbecued pork and without soup.

Edited by Guest

Sweet-Rhubarb--11--1.JPG.2439a43009f8e6a670f32eb6df600761.JPG

I really love my hot drinks, so since this fancy Taylors of Harrogate fruit tea was on offer in the local supermarket I snatched some up and I've found it's pretty nice :P

Just finished my first cup :D

• Like 1

hero_pdt_quarter_pounder_double.png.dc3818d37ee6740cea3d232d40e86858.png

Probably should've stuck with the Quarter Pounder they delivered by mistake instead of getting them to change it to the Double Quarter. Couldn't finish it. lol

Also, some spicy McWings:

McDonalds-McWings-002-hero.png

Edited by Guest

Some kind of chocolate cake with grape-flavored cream in between the layers. Didn't taste very nice, but it's chocolate so I can't complain.

Edited by Guest