First Anime you've ever watched

Bakuganfan01

I remember very well what I was watching as a kid. At first I watched some crappy baby shows like Caillou (NOT Caillou, I hated it even back then!), then I watched more "mature" stuff (not at all, but it's far more mature than that baby crap) like Spongebob. I was 4. I watched it til I was 10, but that's by far not all I've been watching.

I'll never forget the date I saw Bakugan on TV, that was THE show that got me into Anime, and I was only 7. I was the biggest fan in the world, because of all the action (If I watched it today, I probably wouldn't like it, but I was 7, kids are different in the head). Sadly, I couldn't find any Bakugan Balls in my local supermarket.

The next day I saw Pokémon and that was my sh*t, actually it was the sh*t of everyone around me, at school everybody was obsessed with it. It went so far we weren't allowed to bring cards to school and even talk about it!

But anyways, what was your first Anime? Leave it in the comments.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...then I watched more "mature" stuff (not at all, but it's far more mature than that baby crap) like Spongebob.

Hey, Spongebob is dope! Even nowadays I watch those when I run into them on TV. :)

Sadly I don't think I could possibly remember my very first anime ever, it was quite some time ago. I can't remember my very first anime but here's overview of couple of my childhood anime:

Medabots

Medabots.jpg.d9fdbe1fecbfaf0624f42d85f02b796f.jpg

This is such an underrated show! It's not a masterclass by any means and it certainly deserves a spot among these anime, yet rarely anyone ever mentions Medabots... :( Imagine having a personal robot, a friend with whom you battle all of your friends and their robots and some occasional villains (I'm looking at you Rubberobo Gang), it sure seemed awesome to little Filip... :3

Dragon Ball (Z)

21055.jpg.426a0babca4db75dbbe9a098c069d402.jpg

What's there left to say about this series that hasn't already been said? Well a lot if you ask me. I just love Dragon Ball series, original one. It's a show that defined my childhood and influenced a whole generation of fans all over the world as well. Even if you've never watched any of Dragon Ball series you've most likely heard of Kamehameha, and I'm not talking about Hawaiian royalty here. Guess that weird thing about me is that I've always preferred original Dragon Ball over Z, am I alone?

Yu-Gi-Oh!

10397.jpg.b3b3427614c529cf0fca3c20a3971385.jpg

It's time to d-d-d-duel! And indeed we did... :) I had like a lot of these cards...

Beyblade

21118.jpg.bb562eaa5db76944a6895e73d7c816b3.jpg

Let it RIP! House furniture that is. :D

Digimon

11070.jpg.34d629c17a3ebb208e88c88687ae3a92.jpg

''The cool Pokemon''. I'm not gonna lie, back in the day I preferred this anime to Pokemon which was considered its rival although they weren't that similar. Main difference between the 2 is number of companions each character would have and since in Digimon everyone had 1 Digimon they've partnered with it gave storyline that much more room for character development compared to too many Pokemons that trainers (Ash) get to bond with over 1 season alone, only to discard them later for no real reason (*cough* merchandising *cough*).

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

The first Anime show I ever watched was Trinity Blood, I didn't even know what Anime was when I watched it though and since it stopped airing before I could finish it I ended up forgetting about it until recently this year when I got back into Anime and became obsessed.

I'd seen a few Studio Ghibli movies before such as Ponyo and Grave of the Fireflies but Trinity Blood was my first ever Anime show.

• Like 1

For me, probably Voltron back in the mid-80s. My older cousin by five years was a big fan so I was usually forced to watch it and Transformers. A 3/4 year old couldn't compete with an 8/9 year old. lol

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I remember very well what I was watching as a kid. At first I watched some crappy baby shows like Caillou (NOT Caillou, I hated it even back then!), then I watched more "mature" stuff (not at all, but it's far more mature than that baby crap) like Spongebob. I was 4. I watched it til I was 10, but that's by far not all I've been watching.

I'll never forget the date I saw Bakugan on TV, that was THE show that got me into Anime, and I was only 7. I was the biggest fan in the world, because of all the action (If I watched it today, I probably wouldn't like it, but I was 7, kids are different in the head). Sadly, I couldn't find any Bakugan Balls in my local supermarket.

The next day I saw Pokémon and that was my sh*t, actually it was the sh*t of everyone around me, at school everybody was obsessed with it. It went so far we weren't allowed to bring cards to school and even talk about it!

The first anime I watched as a child was the first Pokemon series.

• Like 1

First anime i ever watched was wolf's rain, its a lesser known one but it has a very original storyline and amazing characters. Personally i love the anime but it could have had a better ending :P i would suggest it if you like wolves though

hell the trailer to that looks worth it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hle6MAtYVTQ

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The first anime I ever watched was Inuyasha... and I'll never be the same again.

No. It involves a teenage girl who is magically transported to feudal japan, who has to save that realm with the help of a demon/human hybrid (Inuyasha). If you are into anime about the supernatural I highly recommend watching the first episode at least.

• Like 1

No. It involves a teenage girl who is magically transported to feudal japan, who has to save that realm with the help of a demon/human hybrid (Inuyasha). If you are into anime about the supernatural I highly recommend watching the first episode at least.

Thanks a lot, I will watch it!

i need to watch Inuyasha again

I thought Inuyash was a cat at first lol

my first anime was Madoka Magica

hehehe... for being the son of a wolf demon he does look alot like a cat

• Geano locked this topic