Code Geass R3 Announcement - what do you think?

scarlet reaper

if you have seen code geass you know how it ended,

with Lelouch supposedly dying, and there were a lot of theories about how he could have survived. I was sad to see lelouch go, but this new announcement of code geass r3 named "lelouch of the revival" pretty much guarantees a resurrection.

What are your thoughts on the ending of code geass r2 and the announcement of r3?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

@scarlet reaper: added spoiler tags for those that haven't seen the series. ;)

I enjoyed Code Geass R1 and R2 for its thoughtful and witty strategic tactic battles. What hooked me though was the way LeLouch was portrayed as an anti-hero - most of the time you were rooting for him to win but then there were those deceptive moments outside those battles that made you uncomfortable yet had you on the edge of your seat at the same time!

CC's interactions with LeLouch and her pizza moments were also quite cute. :P

Regarding this R3 announcement... like many others, I feel R2 ended in a nice way. It's been awhile but I thought they wrapped up the story nicely between Lelouch and Suzaku... might be time for a rewatch when we get a PV for R3!

code-geass-r2.thumb.jpg.a796b74208ab2814f34c879bca8f39c4.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

with Lelouch supposedly dying, and there were a lot of theories about how he could have survived. I was sad to see lelouch go, but this new announcement of code geass r3 named "lelouch of the revival" pretty much guarantees a resurrection.

Although it was still most likely that he lived because of that last scene. :)

Regarding this R3 announcement... like many others, I feel R2 ended in a nice way. It's been awhile but I thought they wrapped up the story nicely between Lelouch and Suzaku... might be time for a rewatch when we get a PV for R3!

My main concern is that R2 ended so well that R3 risks not only potentially failing on its own but ruining R2's legacy as well...

If it turns out that Lelouch is actually alive and keeping a low profile then it would mean that he didn't really sacrifice himself for greater good but actually ''retired'' in a way, which is like meh... :meh:

• Like 1

I feel like having Code Geass R3 is quite a big risk, considering how R2 ended, but one thing that could be a problem is whether the original ending was shown or not, because when I watched it, I saw the original ending, but when all of my friends watched it, they all saw a changed ending. This could cause confusion seeing as the changed ending makes it seem impossible for R3 to happen, whereas those who saw R2 would understand how R3 is possible. But even then, adding R3 is quite a risk as they finished R2 almost perfectly, so continuing it gives it the potential of taking a turn for the worst, but hopefully, that's not going to happen. ^-^

• Informative 1

• 8 months later...

Don't know how I feel about R3 yest, but I found an interesting theory on a CG fan forum. Remember the cart scene: This scene truly hints that the cart driver might really be Lelouch. C.C refers to the fact that "the power of kings geass brings you solitude(the state of being lonely) not very accurate, ideal lelouch?" . During that whole scene she was looking at the skies but as soon as she states "right lelouch ?" She moves her mind in backward direction as if referring to the driver of the cart. Additionally the scene ends with a last shot on the origami crane near C.C., which as we understand Nunnally used to make all the time(Or maybe the very pink crane that she made and talented to Lelouch at r1). Lelouch might just be carrying it about as a memory of Nunnally, as he won't be able to satisfy her ever again.

And now lets move to the most important part: The guarantee that Lelouch created to C.C.. C.C.'s contract with Lelouch is among of the most important facets of the whole series. If we believe Lelouch to be dead in each other type, this part of the story is not likely to be addressed thus creating a huge plot hole at the set.

Although it was still most likely that he lived because of that last scene. :)

My main concern is that R2 ended so well that R3 risks not only potentially failing on its own but ruining R2's legacy as well...

If it turns out that Lelouch is actually alive and keeping a low profile then it would mean that he didn't really sacrifice himself for greater good but actually ''retired'' in a way, which is like meh... :meh:

That's my concern too... I think R2 had one of the best endings of all anime.

• Geano locked this topic