What was the first game you ever played?

scarlet reaper

• 2 weeks later...

The first game I ever played is probably Duckhunt.

But I mainly started getting a bit more into games when we got a PS1. I played a lot of Need for Speed (a few different ones) with my parents. And I also had (and still have) the original Guilty Gear for PS1. Those got me pretty into racing and fighting games, which is the preference I still had by the time I got a PS2 (slim). Aaaaand then I tried Final Fantasy IX. That was the first game that actually had an impact on me, as far as games go. It was, and still is, amazing to me.

• Like 1

I think the first real game i ever played was probably Hudson's island. I dont exactly what game was the first one i ever played, but i know i used to play that all the time.

I played on a website called "Smart Ass". It had like every single old arcade game ever, it was so fun. Got shut down though. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lol This is harder to remember than the first anime I ever watched.

Let's see... it's either Pokemon RBY (one of those versions), Tamagotchi, Digimon V-Pet, or a SNES game (Contra, Super Mario, etc.). I felt like SNES and Tamagotchi are the closer answers though.

My memory of this is a little fuzzy, so it was one of two games.

It may have been Sonic the Hedgehog 2, played on a dinky little plug-and-play box we used to just stick into a power socket and play for hours.

I remember being fascinated watching my dad play it and actually beat it. As a really little kid who was pretty useless at games my dad looked like a hero being able to beat that game.

It could also have been Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, played on my Playstation 2. Still absolutely love that game, I played it for a significant portion of my childhood and never grew tired of it. Simply awesome, especially this stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNJHJPhrp-Y

Although fuck the loading times. They are roughly half the entire game xD

• Like 1

my very first games were kirby's dream land and pokemon! but the first game that probably got me into gaming was super mario sunshine

• 2 weeks later...